Personality Cafe banner

12021 - 12040 of 37753 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
And you say she's turning 16..
On the plus side you must have a lot of funny stories about.
Most definitely. My cousin and my aunt (and... pretty much their whole immediate family) are really dependent people. They can't do anything for themselves, which is how they end up being so clueless about everything. Or maybe they can't do anything BECAUSE they are clueless about everything? I'm not sure. All that matters is... they can't do anything.

They even call me up all the time to ask me "WE NEED TO WRITE A PAPER ON ______ CAN YOU HELP US DO RESEARCH." I just instruct them to go on google and type in the name. Then they're all, "WOW VANNA YOU'RE SO GOOD YOU HAVE ALL THE BEST WAYS TO LOOK FOR STUFF."

Dear lord.

·
Administrator
22,338 Posts
Most definitely. My cousin and my aunt (and... pretty much their whole immediate family) are really dependent people. They can't do anything for themselves, which is how they end up being so clueless about everything. Or maybe they can't do anything BECAUSE they are clueless about everything? I'm not sure. All that matters is... they can't do anything.

They even call me up all the time to ask me "WE NEED TO WRITE A PAPER ON ______ CAN YOU HELP US DO RESEARCH." I just instruct them to go on google and type in the name. Then they're all, "WOW VANNA YOU'RE SO GOOD YOU HAVE ALL THE BEST WAYS TO LOOK FOR STUFF."

Dear lord.
I had step-children like this. They are simply the product of throwaway society mixed with parents who didn't allow them to do anything or think anything for themselves.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I had step-children like this. They are simply the product of throwaway society mixed with parents who didn't allow them to do anything or think anything for themselves.
I know why some people might turn out like that... but I just don't understand it with this family. I mean, my grandmother certainly isn't controlling so there's no reason for my aunt to be like that - and my mother definitely isn't like that. The kids are dependent because the parents are dependent - then couple that with their being hardcore extroverts who are always inviting themselves over and demanding that you do things for them.

THE HORROR.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Welcome back. There was a wave of utter stupid in the last couple of weeks in the forum. Still more threads on how we love, hug and supposedly dig ENFPs. Ho hum....

*hands you machete*
Promethea and a couple other people talked me into returning.

Stupidity? *shrugs* I gave up that pointless crusade when I left PerC, actually.

I've decided to re-define my purpose here in this absurd reality, as I've been reading a few books I put off for way too long, mostly related to my occult interests and other nonsense like that.

I'm going to try and get everyone I know to calm the fuck down and be an arbiter of two things: relaxation, and minimalism.

If there's one, huge, devastatingly obvious pattern to humanity, it's that everyone takes themselves and their 'self', way too fucking seriously.

*takes the machete and cuts up some cookies*

Cookies for everyone!

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
@Action Potential

It's one of the things I realized.

People are just so stupid, that sometimes, the only way to be smarter is to be even stupider - and sometimes, the only way to be stupider is to be smarter.
That's a good way of putting it.

There's basically no way one can take themselves and their surroundings too seriously without being incredibly unhappy. If you're surrounded by idiocy, revel in it. It's entertainment, if nothing else. I've come to realize that most of life is just that.

ETA: and, with this forum? If all else fails, there's the ignore function. Which unfortunately has the nasty side-effect of breaking threads so you can't thank the non-mind-imploding posts, but hey.

·
Administrator
22,338 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
@Action Potential

It's one of the things I realized.

People are just so stupid, that sometimes, the only way to be smarter is to be even stupider - and sometimes, the only way to be stupider is to be smarter.
I had this as my sig some time ago, feel free to google-translate it.
Passer pour un idiot aux yeux d'un imbécile est une volupté de fin gourmet. - Georges Courteline

12021 - 12040 of 37753 Posts