Personality Cafe banner

12261 - 12280 of 37958 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I am so tired of loathing myself.

MBTI was a huge leap forward but is by far insufficient.
I started my journey towards acceptance, but I don't see myself progressing fast enough. I know it takes time, but still is frustrating.
I think I have to focus on addressing a bit more my Enneagram issues.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I am so tired of loathing myself.

MBTI was a huge leap forward but is by far insufficient.
I started my journey towards acceptance, but I don't see myself progressing fast enough. I know it takes time, but still is frustrating.
I think I have to focus on addressing a bit more my Enneagram issues.
You could get someone else to do it for you.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Damn, I'm dead tired. I swear I'm gonna strangle that woman if she gives another stack of physically arduous and ridiculously laborious errands...AARRRGGHHH!!! :angry:

(maybe giving a dose of powdered sleeping pills will do her good! :crazy: that will show her!)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Everyone just remain calm as I relay to you a tale of unnecessary proportion.

For the past few months I have been in desperate need of a pair of summer shoes. All I have right now are two pairs of knee-high boots and a pair of shorter, heeled shoes - not so good for everyday things.

The thing is, I am rather picky when it comes to shoes - I only like shoes that are "plain/simple," that I can wear with anything. I like to get the most out of my shoes. I went to the DSW shoe store today and found a pair of Van's that had everything I wanted - they were simple and comfortable; they weren't loaded up with glitter and colors and stupid patterns or dumbass bows. PERFECT!

Only, the coupon we had isn't good until Thursday. But that's fine! We'll just leave and come back Thursday with the coupon and get the shoes, right? It's worth it to save $10 on a $45 pair of boots.

I get home and make the horrific mistake of posting them to Facebook, claiming how excited I am to FINALLY find a pair of shoes that I LIKE, and that I DESPERATELY need - all of this is against my better judgment and that little voice screaming in my head, "DON'T DOOOO ITTTT." But I didn't listen!

Two hours later, my grandmother pops up in my window to tell me that my aunt just called her. My cousin LOVED the shoes that I posted to Facebook, and just wanted to let her know that Ashlee was going to get them ASAP.

What the absolute BALLSACK? Bitch be stealin' my shoes! Now, shoes really aren't that big of a deal, but it's more about the principle of the thing. You know I'm picky, you know I love them, you know I NEED them, and you still intend to go out and get them? (Let it be noted that my cousins ARE the kind of people who would hold it over my head and say, "HAHAHHA WE GOT THE SHOES FIRST HAHAHHA," which just makes the whole situation very undesirable)

My personal solution was to take the $10 off reward that my MOTHER had, drive out with my grandmother, and pick up the shoes immediately.

There was only one pair left in my size.

Also, my cousin and I are the same size.

So, in all, I am experiencing a slew of emotions ranging from triumphant to childish. But my feet are comfortable as hell.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,400 Posts

For the past few months I have been in desperate need of a pair of summer shoes. All I have right now are two pairs of knee-high boots and a pair of shorter, heeled shoes - not so good for everyday things.

The thing is, I am rather picky when it comes to shoes - I only like shoes that are "plain/simple," that I can wear with anything. I like to get the most out of my shoes. I went to the DSW shoe store today and found a pair of Van's that had everything I wanted - they were simple and comfortable; they weren't loaded up with glitter and colors and stupid patterns or dumbass bows. PERFECT!

Only, the coupon we had isn't good until Thursday. But that's fine! We'll just leave and come back Thursday with the coupon and get the shoes, right? It's worth it to save $10 on a $45 pair of boots.

I get home and make the horrific mistake of posting them to Facebook, claiming how excited I am to FINALLY find a pair of shoes that I LIKE, and that I DESPERATELY need - all of this is against my better judgment and that little voice screaming in my head, "DON'T DOOOO ITTTT." But I didn't listen!

Two hours later, my grandmother pops up in my window to tell me that my aunt just called her. My cousin LOVED the shoes that I posted to Facebook, and just wanted to let her know that Ashlee was going to get them ASAP.

What the absolute BALLSACK? Bitch be stealin' my shoes! Now, shoes really aren't that big of a deal, but it's more about the principle of the thing. You know I'm picky, you know I love them, you know I NEED them, and you still intend to go out and get them? (Let it be noted that my cousins ARE the kind of people who would hold it over my head and say, "HAHAHHA WE GOT THE SHOES FIRST HAHAHHA," which just makes the whole situation very undesirable)

My personal solution was to take the $10 off reward that my MOTHER had, drive out with my grandmother, and pick up the shoes immediately.

So, in all, I am experiencing a slew of emotions ranging from triumphant to childish. But my feet are comfortable as hell.
It sounds like you need to sort your facebook friends to friends, firends, frenemies and family.....then each individual post can be monitored within an inch of it's life. Or.....not post to facebook, the stress of it all.:laughing:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I tell you. People who think they can make technology without having to study hardcore science! Grr! Illogical!!

·
Registered
669 Posts

Grrr! That's stupid, she doesn't even need them!!! Did you get them?

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,424 Posts
Status of Diablo III: Shipped on 05/14/2012 via UPS
Birthday present to self? :wink: Status of parts to build a machine that can play Diablo III (should I be so inclined): Ordered 5/14/2012

Now I just have to find someone to help me assemble the thing once all the parts get here. :frustrating:

Oh, and return the extra power supply because I somehow wound up with two in my cart. :dry:

Yes, I just used my 3,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post to admit to being an idiot. Oblivious robot Napoleptic is oblivious. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Birthday present to self? :wink: Status of parts to build a machine that can play Diablo III (should I be so inclined): Ordered 5/14/2012

Now I just have to find someone to help me assemble the thing once all the parts get here. :frustrating:

Oh, and return the extra power supply because I somehow wound up with two in my cart. :dry:

Yes, I just used my 3,000[SUP]th[/SUP] post to admit to being an idiot. Oblivious robot Napoleptic is oblivious. :rolleyes:

Youtube probably has some useful tutorials.

Most of it is pretty easy these days. The only thing to worry about is static electricity. The worst that could happen is you'd turn it on and nothing would happen, or you might get a loud beep, or you might have to go into the system bios and tweak a few things.

Just think, they pay kids 100s of bucks to do this stuff at the Apple store.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
@FlaylexFayte, did your Facebook post say you found the perfect pair of shoes and that's it? Not to defend her, but from just what you typed, it seems as though your cousin liked the pair of shoes you bought and wanted a pair as well.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
@FlaylexFayte, did your Facebook post say you found the perfect pair of shoes and that's it? Not to defend her, but from just what you typed, it seems as though your cousin liked the pair of shoes you bought and wanted a pair as well.
Nope, it said that I found "these awesome shoes that I am going to go back and get because I couldn't get them today." So I made it clear that I loved them and that I was going to get them and she told me/my grandmother that they were going to get them. And she's still planning on it.

I mean, I know she has every right to get them if she really wants to - I just think it's rather rude.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
It sounds like you need to sort your facebook friends to friends, firends, frenemies and family.....then each individual post can be monitored within an inch of it's life. Or.....not post to facebook, the stress of it all.:laughing:
She IS family :( She's in the family category, I guess I just expected too much from her. I didn't really think it was that much to ask that she DIDN'T steal my freaking shoes, but I guess I overestimated their sense of morality AGAIN.

Grrr! That's stupid, she doesn't even need them!!! Did you get them?
YES I did! And I posted THAT to Facebook and she still intends to get them so we can... 'match.' Dear lord, it never ends with these people.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,400 Posts
She IS family :( She's in the family category, I guess I just expected too much from her. I didn't really think it was that much to ask that she DIDN'T steal my freaking shoes, but I guess I overestimated their sense of morality AGAIN.
YES I did! And I posted THAT to Facebook and she still intends to get them so we can... 'match.' Dear lord, it never ends with these people.
You can conglomerate firends, frenemies and family all in one hit then? Efficiency FTW.

I had one "family" member on my FB. It didn't end well, needless to say she isn't my FB bud any more. Ever thought of a fake name for your friends outside of the family?

12261 - 12280 of 37958 Posts