Personality Cafe banner

13061 - 13080 of 37764 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
eeurgh! how would anyone even know that?
There are certain individuals with very high post counts who will respond to virtually any post in said forum within minutes.
QED, one can easily guess how they get those crazy high post counts.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
..it still feels...wrong being angry. Scary somehow. Despite the fact that I have every reason in the world. Even I wouldn't question someone who would want to end a friendship after being treated that way (heck, even my ISTJ buddy is in favor of me leaving them my couch as a "gift", and he's not really the vindictive type (he's also not the only one to suggest leaving the couch)), and I for some weird reason don't want to end my friendship with them. And I never would have questioned that a year ago.

Anyway, irritation usually brings clarity, but out and out anger, not so much. I get so angry I can't articulate, I feel like my frustrations will still go unheard or, worse, that they'll be discounted because I'm being irrational - and that makes me so upset I wind up crying utterly useless tears of fury. Ew.

Of course, most of the time it's not a problem. And when it is, I'm learning to recognize it and express that anger when I feel it. It's just learning to think of being irritated, agitated, annoyed, etc. as anger, and that doing something about it isn't *gasp* irrational.
You obviously have a lot of reasons to be angry at your friends. I'd be completely fed up with them. If it makes your life easier to ditch the couch on them, I say do it.

When I feel conflicted about being angry in the way you describe, it's usually because I'm partly angry at myself. Maybe you are a little angry at yourself, for getting stuck for so long in such a rotten situation? I only mention this as a possibility, and because once I identify myself doing that, I usually feel a lot better. It's as if once I realize that I'm beating myself up, I'm allowed to stop.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,409 Posts
You obviously have a lot of reasons to be angry at your friends. I'd be completely fed up with them. If it makes your life easier to ditch the couch on them, I say do it.

When I feel conflicted about being angry in the way you describe, it's usually because I'm partly angry at myself. Maybe you are a little angry at yourself, for getting stuck for so long in such a rotten situation? I only mention this as a possibility, and because once I identify myself doing that, I usually feel a lot better. It's as if once I realize that I'm beating myself up, I'm allowed to stop.
That's exactly what it is. I've posted a lot about it in the Nine forum - well, about the problem in the bigger picture, not just the problems with my roommates.

I have learned so much about myself with Enneagram. The progress is slow and is going to seem that way for a while, but...as much discomfort and angst as people are going to hear from me for a while...I'm excited. I'm finally figuring out how to make changes in my life to prevent myself from getting into these kinds of situations in the first place. I'm sure the change won't happen overnight, and I'm sure these things will happen again along the road, but maybe seeing the signs of what's to come will make me not go so far down these dead end streets now.

For the first time in years, I'm excited about my future, about my life. I am waking up to my life and what I want and how I can work toward it, and instead of feeling despair at where I'm at, I feel hope at where I'm going.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,409 Posts
Also...playing Guild Wars 2 during the server stress test tomorrow. *huge idiotic grin*

·
Administrator
22,338 Posts
Not mould, mold. Learn how to spell*, silly. :tongue:

I'm out by the end of this week. Possibly will be sleeping elsewhere sooner, as I'd like to get some of the furniture out Thursday evening if I can get some help.

*Muphry's Law is going to kick in soon, isn't it? If it hasn't already somewhere in this post... *looks about in paranoia*
*mutters something about silly American spelling*

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I have learned so much about myself with Enneagram. The progress is slow and is going to seem that way for a while, but...as much discomfort and angst as people are going to hear from me for a while...I'm excited. I'm finally figuring out how to make changes in my life to prevent myself from getting into these kinds of situations in the first place. I'm sure the change won't happen overnight, and I'm sure these things will happen again along the road, but maybe seeing the signs of what's to come will make me not go so far down these dead end streets now.

For the first time in years, I'm excited about my future, about my life. I am waking up to my life and what I want and how I can work toward it, and instead of feeling despair at where I'm at, I feel hope at where I'm going.

That is great. It must be exciting to feel your life opening up in front of you.

I wish I could use Enneagram better. A lot of people I respect get a lot out of it. Unfortunately, I can never figure out what type I am. I seem mostly a 6, but they seem driven by anxiety - either running from it or challenging it, and I dunno, at my core I'm pretty calm and centered. I'm definitely not a 9. I'm much too inclined to tell people to shove off.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Control ending is pretty swank.
Just tell me if the game is now worth playing. (I've had enough spoilers.)

That is great. It must be exciting to feel your life opening up in front of you.

I wish I could use Enneagram better. A lot of people I respect get a lot out of it. Unfortunately, I can never figure out what type I am. I seem mostly a 6, but they seem driven by anxiety - either running from it or challenging it, and I dunno, at my core I'm pretty calm and centered. I'm definitely not a 9. I'm much too inclined to tell people to shove off.
I didn't figure it out (at all, really, bethdeth pointed it out) until I looked at the wing descriptions. There's a big difference between the 9w8 and 9w1. The basic 9 only fits me as well as 5,6,1 and 2, but 9w1 descriptions are pretty spot on.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Just tell me if the game is now worth playing. (I've had enough spoilers.)
To be perfectly honest, it's mostly generic crap marketed at the youth of today, who've probably never read or even heard of Dune, or Starship Troopers, or Ender's Game, or a dozen other great sci-fi space operas that put Mass Effect to shame.

I recommend pass on it. It's okay, but nothing special.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Nice tip. Cut the squares and sew the bastard is really how you do it but I'm sure I could google a glossary of terms to bewilder and dismay.
Any discussion of the challenges of cutting in a straight line without messing up the weave could glaze them over... perhaps. ; )

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,409 Posts
I should be packing, but...Guild Wars 2! :p

What server? What have you played as so far? I only got in probably around an hour last beta testing weekend as a fluffy kitty necromancer, frikkin' family reunion!! Was the first time I had a chance to play, too. *sulks*

Am having difficulty adjusting from WoW, not that I've played in the last...hmm, year? I think I'm going to have to plaster a sticky note on my monitor saying "SUMMON BLOODFIEND!"

Speaking of which, I went from borrowing what was probably a 15" monitor to buying a 21.5" between then and now, so... *even bigger idiotic grin* Maybe now I can play without the interface getting in the way. XD

·
Registered
383 Posts
To be perfectly honest, it's mostly generic crap marketed at the youth of today, who've probably never read or even heard of Dune, or Starship Troopers, or Ender's Game, or a dozen other great sci-fi space operas that put Mass Effect to shame.

I recommend pass on it. It's okay, but nothing special.
I wouldn't call Starship troopers a space opera.. But regardless of genre it (and all the others are) awesome.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
So, here's the "final" cover idea:

Cover8.jpg

And here is the blurb I've been working on:

The world of Raul is populated with its fair share of mythological creatures. It is a rather dangerous place. Exactly the sort of place you wouldn't want to suddenly wake up in, with no idea where you were. Yet this is, of course, exactly what happens to the children in the book you're currently thinking of reading. If you're thinking of changing your mind, did I happen to mention there are Dragons in the book? Well, of course there are. It is, after all, that kind of book. There are also Shadow Wolves and Silver Knights, Goblins and Barbarians. There are Magic Swords, Flying Boats and Talking Bears, quite a few talking animals, actually.

Siblings Jeremy, Robby and Suisse wake up in this strange and terrifying world without clue how they got there. Before they can find their way home, they must journey to find a Wizard, help a Prince restore the kingdom of his father, and save a village of Bears from evil Trolls. All while dealing with Goblin plots, impostors, treachery and enchantments! Most importantly, they must learn of their own strengths and weaknesses, and how they can help each other to find a way home!
Any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
327 Posts
So, here's the "final" cover idea:

View attachment 41243

And here is the blurb I've been working on:

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Final amendment to the cover: It's looking very good. In my opinion, you can try using a gray to black radial gradient as the background so it doesn't look so flat. And then remember the drop shadows we talked about before? Put them back, but this time reduce the distance and spread and increase the size a little, then drop the shadow opacity a little to make it soft and subtle. I think the placement is just about fine already.

13061 - 13080 of 37764 Posts