Personality Cafe banner

9021 - 9028 of 9028 Posts

·
Registered
28,905 Posts
My virtual job has resulted in weight gain.

I want to get back to the office.

But I also don't want to get back to the office, because it's a really boring place.
Working from home sounds great. Working from home before I know how to do anything is a bit more questionable.

On a trivial note, I was wondering what my office would look like. Is it a private office or a cubicle? My internship was a cubicle environment, I didn’t like that too much.

·
Registered
INTP
1,940 Posts
My virtual job has resulted in weight gain.

I want to get back to the office.

But I also don't want to get back to the office, because it's a really boring place.
It might be working from home but also realise that many people work from home and aren't overweight, don't have bad eating habits and also exercise regularly. But I know plenty of people who have put on weight during this time and I do suspect it's the stress/ not moving as much/ wanting something familiar to do more often, etc.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
It might be working from home but also realise that many people work from home and aren't overweight, don't have bad eating habits and also exercise regularly. But I know plenty of people who have put on weight during this time and I do suspect it's the stress/ not moving as much/ wanting something familiar to do more often, etc.
Yeah I know it's my own fault.

Problem is, I'd formulated a good routine (INTP with a routine!) wherein I'd visit the gym twice a week, plus I was working from the office so I didn't have free access to my own fridge every 5 minutes.

Then the gyms closed and I had to work from home. Recipe for fatness!

At the very least, I can say that I haven't got anywhere near as fat as I thought I was going to get. Truly I now spend almost all of my time completely immobile in front of my computer, yet have somehow only suffered from mild weight gain. I think within a month of restarting my gym routine I'll be able to get back to some semblance of pre-lockdown self. I guess I'm one of those lucky bastards with a higher-than-normal metabolism.

·
Registered
INTP
1,940 Posts
Yeah I know it's my own fault.

Problem is, I'd formulated a good routine (INTP with a routine!) wherein I'd visit the gym twice a week, plus I was working from the office so I didn't have free access to my own fridge every 5 minutes.

Then the gyms closed and I had to work from home. Recipe for fatness!

At the very least, I can say that I haven't got anywhere near as fat as I thought I was going to get. Truly I now spend almost all of my time completely immobile in front of my computer, yet have somehow only suffered from mild weight gain. I think within a month of restarting my gym routine I'll be able to get back to some semblance of pre-lockdown self. I guess I'm one of those lucky bastards with a higher-than-normal metabolism.
A break from the routine may have also done you good in other ways as you'll come back fresh (even though it will be a different sort of challenge while you get back into routine and start to focus on improving not just getting back to where you were).

I think the key to not having the refrigerator problem is know that what you buy you'll eat, so really the self-control starts when you go shopping, not when you're at home. And the advantage of this is that if you buy a lot of healthy food you'll probably eat it because there'll be nothing else to eat.

I wouldn't feel bad about it - it's a new thing for all of us and most of us haven't had time to develop the coping skills for such different circumstances - it's been a time of learning and adjusting.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
A break from the routine may have also done you good in other ways as you'll come back fresh (even though it will be a different sort of challenge while you get back into routine and start to focus on improving not just getting back to where you were).

I think the key to not having the refrigerator problem is know that what you buy you'll eat, so really the self-control starts when you go shopping, not when you're at home. And the advantage of this is that if you buy a lot of healthy food you'll probably eat it because there'll be nothing else to eat.

I wouldn't feel bad about it - it's a new thing for all of us and most of us haven't had time to develop the coping skills for such different circumstances - it's been a time of learning and adjusting.

Oh I don't feel bad at all. It was just a statement really, no feelings attached!

9021 - 9028 of 9028 Posts