Personality Cafe banner

9201 - 9220 of 9250 Posts

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,479 Posts
Interesting. I haven't studied that enneagram. What's weird about the combo?
It's not uncommon (I actually know several INTP Nines), it's just that INTPs are usually Fives (I always test as a Five even though I'm a Nine) and with some Sixes and Nines. Fives and Sixes are in the Head/Fear triad, while Nines are in the Gut/Body/Autonomy/Anger triad. Nines' energy is much more...diffuse, maybe softer than Fives'. Unless they're Nines with an Eight wing; Nine is one of the types that has really big differences between the wings. Eights let out their anger more often, I think, and it's MUCH more obvious when it happens.

·
Registered
29,159 Posts
I just wrote my final report for class in 3 hours on the last day. This is a new level of not caring. I’ve spend on average less than a day per week on this class and I just did the only deliverable in about 3 hours. If I pass this class, then the school system has failed. No, I don’t think I did well at all.

·
Registered
INTP 6w7
2,138 Posts
I just wrote my final report for class in 3 hours on the last day. This is a new level of not caring. I’ve spend on average less than a day per week on this class and I just did the only deliverable in about 3 hours. If I pass this class, then the school system has failed. No, I don’t think I did well at all.
I bet you nailed it

·
Registered
INTP 6w7
2,138 Posts
It's not uncommon (I actually know several INTP Nines), it's just that INTPs are usually Fives (I always test as a Five even though I'm a Nine) and with some Sixes and Nines. Fives and Sixes are in the Head/Fear triad, while Nines are in the Gut/Body/Autonomy/Anger triad. Nines' energy is much more...diffuse, maybe softer than Fives'. Unless they're Nines with an Eight wing; Nine is one of the types that has really big differences between the wings. Eights let out their anger more often, I think, and it's MUCH more obvious when it happens.
I need to read about nines. I think studying enneagram (all of them in fact) will help me so much.

Is it more obvious to the 8 that they are angry, or less obvious to them just how angry they are and very obvious to the people around them (I.e. they won't necessarily be aware that they are coming across as angry)?

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
UK going into new lockdown on Thursday.

My brother is moving to London in two weeks, but because of the new lockdown it'll be illegal for him to mix with my parents (who will need to help him move house).

This means that he MUST move back to my parents house before Thursday, before the laws change.

This means he's moving out this week. FUCK YEAH!

Actually I feel mean. He and his boyfriend are perfectly great people and we get along well. But I want my castle back!

·
Registered
INTP
6 Posts
So I remembered what I wanted to post about originally.

Does anyone else think that they are exceptionally good at lying? I think I am, and I it's not like I lie very often. In fact I used to think that had something to do with it. 'I'm so uncomfortably honest for the most part, so I guess people just assume I wouldn't lie.' Is what I've thought, and maybe that helps, but recently I've come to a different conclusion.
So, I currently live with my sister in law, and we get along really well, but we communicate in a very different way. She says the wrong words for things all the time and wants you to just understand what she means and not correct her (which, thankfully, I'm very good at), and she wants hard yes or no answers to her questions... which I find so much harder to give.
The longer I live with her, more I realize that I actually feel like I'm lying when I say yes or no without explanation (she has no interest or patience for explanations).

"Is the inside of this [fresh out of the box] garbage bag clean?"
I know you have an issue with germs, that bag has been sealed in a box since it came from the factory, definitely enough time for any germs that may have somehow gotten in it to have died, plus it's likely that no germs would have gotten inside in the first place, but not guaranteed, what is she planning to put in the bag? Oh just some pillows for storage? Ok, so the bags should be clean enough for that, even for someone especially concerned about germs, plus I know she'll sanitize them again when she takes them out in the future. So I guess they are clean enough for me to not be lying when I tell her

"Sure, I mean yes. Yes it's totally clean."

Yet even with that internal monologue, it feels like a lie.
So, I had the thought; am I a believable liar because my brain thinks I'm lying any time I don't give a full explanation because I know the average person won't want to hear it? Meaning, I have a LOT of experience lying. And no reason to feel guilty about it!
So when I really want to, I can lie shamelessly.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
29,159 Posts
My mother has a new boyfriend, and this guy has two kids I think 15 years old.

He seems like a nice guy and all. But for some reason, I don’t know if I should guilty about this or not, but I really don’t feel like “connecting” with new people. For some reason, meeting new people or being surrounded by teenagers seems very unfit for my current life. I’m basically living a hermit high-life right now where I’m happy almost every moment because there is nothing and nobody to change that.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,479 Posts
I need to read about nines. I think studying enneagram (all of them in fact) will help me so much.

Is it more obvious to the 8 that they are angry, or less obvious to them just how angry they are and very obvious to the people around them (I.e. they won't necessarily be aware that they are coming across as angry)?
Enneagram is fascinating and in my experience is a fairly powerful tool for self-development. I recently had an event caused full on rage in me, and I don't know how I would have handled it before learning to view anger through the lens of a Nine.

It's been a very long time since I've read much on Eights so I could be wrong, but I would think their level of health could make a big difference in their awareness of it. You can read about the nine levels of health for an Eight about two thirds of the way down this page:

Type Eight — The Enneagram Institute

Kind of wish I hadn't read that now. The current president of the US is an unhealthy Eight, and the thought of him reaching rock-bottom is terrifying:

If they get in danger, they may brutally destroy everything that has not conformed to their will rather than surrender to anyone else.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
My mother has a new boyfriend, and this guy has two kids I think 15 years old.

He seems like a nice guy and all. But for some reason, I don’t know if I should guilty about this or not, but I really don’t feel like “connecting” with new people. For some reason, meeting new people or being surrounded by teenagers seems very unfit for my current life. I’m basically living a hermit high-life right now where I’m happy almost every moment because there is nothing and nobody to change that.
Hermit life is excellent.

I feel so free living on my own.

Brother and boyfriend are leaving in roughly 4 hours. Feels like Christmas.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I Need To Learn Again How To Relax But My Mind Won't Let Me, Fuck

The workload
And the looonelinesss (oh oh)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
You can do it!
Thank you...
You wanna know something funny? I think about you sometimes because I am an academic ghostwriter too now.

Edit: and I must say, it's fantastically rewarding work on so many levels. The only problem I'm facing now is that it's momentarily become a matter of keeping things organized. I am juggling between four-five different theses, and the challenge = to keep thinking straight, and work in an organized manner. A bit overwhelming. Mentally challenging as well. But then again, in a week or so I may be out of job again for some time so, hm.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
Aaaaaand they've gone.

I am now living alone again.

And now the house seems rather empty.

Also winter has very quickly swept in over the past few weeks. When they arrived, it was summer, and now they have left it is... okay it's not winter, it's autumn, but it's way colder and the clocks have changed so it gets dark way earlier. I somehow feel like living alone is going to feel... lonely. But not so lonely that I want them to return..!!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Aaaaaand they've gone.

I am now living alone again.

And now the house seems rather empty.

Also winter has very quickly swept in over the past few weeks. When they arrived, it was summer, and now they have left it is... okay it's not winter, it's autumn, but it's way colder and the clocks have changed so it gets dark way earlier. I somehow feel like living alone is going to feel... lonely. But not so lonely that I want them to return..!!!
Haha, wow, that's soon man.
Although I had exactly the same the same problem: lockdown with my parents versus lockdown
all by myself. Hmmm... Pick you poison time.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
Haha, wow, that's soon man.
Although I had exactly the same the same problem: lockdown with my parents versus lockdown
all by myself. Hmmm... Pick you poison time.
Nope, I'm definitely happier on my own.

Also, I'm moving to London soonish. In fact, it's kind of a good thing if I start to feel lonely in the dark winter here, because it'll make me happier about moving to London. For a while I've been on the fence about it. I love northern/countryside life, and it's cheaper than London. However, I can't just live alone in a quiet town for the rest of my life. London can only be positive, from a social aspect.

·
Registered
INTP
4,783 Posts
I am juggling between four-five different theses, and the challenge = to keep thinking straight, and work in an organized manner.
I didn't like to juggle/leapfrog more than two works at a time. I'd work like crazy to get those two things completed. Then start on the next one (or two).

·
Registered
29,159 Posts
I wish America would hurry up and finish with the vote thing. I feel so invested in it, yet not invested at all. I just want the result!
If it was more early voting shouldn’t it have been faster?

Well, no because they have stupid rules saying you can’t start counting after a certain time.

9201 - 9220 of 9250 Posts