Personality Cafe banner

9221 - 9240 of 9250 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
Well, no because they have stupid rules saying you can’t start counting after a certain time.
I'm finding the Trumpist wailings hilarious.

1. These kinds of people spent the last half a decade accusing the left of being emotional / hysterical / sore losers / crying salty loser tears... yet now they're doing just that. I mean, Trump might still win! But these folk are already wailing like fucking babies. It's pathetic.

2. In one state they had protestors chanting "STOP THE VOTE", and in another state they were chanting "COUNT THE VOTES". They're just inventing whatever conspiracy theory they want to suit their petulant agenda. It's truly pathetic.

·
Registered
29,159 Posts
I'm finding the Trumpist wailings hilarious.

1. These kinds of people spent the last half a decade accusing the left of being emotional / hysterical / sore losers / crying salty loser tears... yet now they're doing just that. I mean, Trump might still win! But these folk are already wailing like fucking babies. It's pathetic.

2. In one state they had protestors chanting "STOP THE VOTE", and in another state they were chanting "COUNT THE VOTES". They're just inventing whatever conspiracy theory they want to suit their petulant agenda. It's truly pathetic.
Facts don’t care about feelings so they used to say.

I would have voted for Kanye West if I had a ballot.

I await the implosion where people will get triggered enough to start a civil war.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
Facts don’t care about feelings so they used to say.

I would have voted for Kanye West if I had a ballot.

I await the implosion where people will get triggered enough to start a civil war.
I await Donald Trump directly trying to incite one, and his right wing fanatical followers will still claim it's somehow the fault of the left.

As I've said on here quite recently: Right wing ideology is completely fucking the west. It has been for a while, and now it seems to be at a dangerous tipping point. If Trump loses, and if he doesn't go quietly, who knows what shite he'll try to stir up.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
I've just wasted my entire morning until now (1pm) getting my first ever iPhone app ready for the App store, adding app icons, launch screen icons, and wading through all the bullshit it entails.

When I was ready to submit the app to the app store, I needed to 'enrol' onto the Apple Developer Program. I was swiftly met with the following rejection message:

And that's it. No information, no advice, no further links to click on to let me know what's going on. A bit of googling reveals this is a common issue faced by a lot of people, all of whom ended up similarly stuck against a total brick wall of non-informational rejection. Some folk have been stuck for months.

So that's it. Fuck Apple, I won't bother with them.

And what's more? They make developers pay $99 per YEAR for this. Seriously the entire Apple business model is just marketing hype for weak-brained and cash-ignorant. Who the fuck actually wants to be part of this? I simply do not get it.

Luckily for me, the app I made is cross-platform, and it's already been submitted to the Play Store. Android all the way from now on. Fuck Apple. I mean seriously, this has even brought into question my budding desire to become a cross platform app developer. I now hate Apple so much that I think I'll go toward web or desktop software instead. I'd happily be an Android developer but most businesses want apps for Android and iOS at once. Sadly I now want to boycott Apple by cutting away from it as far as I possibly can, and so I may have to abandon my plans to get into mobile development. Fuck Apple.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Damn bluetooth radio keeps cutting off, and I don't know whether the problem is my laptop or the receiver.

·
Registered
INTP
6 Posts
I await Donald Trump directly trying to incite one, and his right wing fanatical followers will still claim it's somehow the fault of the left.

As I've said on here quite recently: Right wing ideology is completely fucking the west. It has been for a while, and now it seems to be at a dangerous tipping point. If Trump loses, and if he doesn't go quietly, who knows what shite he'll try to stir up.
Want some kinda disturbing insider info? I have a sibling in the military and a relative that works for the government, and they have both gotten memos very recently saying things to the effect of "we answer to whomever is elected as president of the country..." and basically preparing them (especially the military) for something... whatever might go down in the coming months if a certain someone doesn't step down like he's supposed to. 🤯 Meaning, the government is taking his childish rants seriously. 😬

·
Registered
INTP
6 Posts
If it was more early voting shouldn’t it have been faster?

Well, no because they have stupid rules saying you can’t start counting after a certain time.
I can't speak to all of the states still counting, but Arizona did count mail in ballots as the received them (I voted absentee in AZ, yay! Make it blue!) and PA was held up specifically by Trump trying to interfere with their mail in ballot system before election day. Also, they allowed people to mail in ballots as late as the day of (which, I actually don't think is a good practice, but hey, Biden's winning, what do I care?)
Georgia and Nevada? I don't know, I think they're being super careful because the secretary of state (person organizing the election in their state) in each of those states is Republican and they don't want the results they're getting. Hence, Georgia is even planning to do a recount 🙄

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
Want some kinda disturbing insider info? I have a sibling in the military and a relative that works for the government, and they have both gotten memos very recently saying things to the effect of "we answer to whomever is elected as president of the country..." and basically preparing them (especially the military) for something... whatever might go down in the coming months if a certain someone doesn't step down like he's supposed to. 🤯 Meaning, the government is taking his childish rants seriously. 😬
Shit, that's pretty fucked up.

Some folk have said Trump will attempt to incite civil war. I don't think he will, but if it does come to that, I predict a very interesting event in the history of western civilisation. It would likely become a battle of the civil warmongers and the tech giants, who will do everything in their power to stifle the messages of war. Tech giants will go into censorship overdrive in order to keep the peace. Fascinating concept.

·
Registered
29,159 Posts

Legal battles, military threats. Then maybe, he’ll have a peaceful transition of power and talk like Biden was his friend the whole time. Then a few months later go back to attacking him and maybe run for president again.

·
Registered
29,159 Posts
I've just wasted my entire morning until now (1pm) getting my first ever iPhone app ready for the App store, adding app icons, launch screen icons, and wading through all the bullshit it entails.

When I was ready to submit the app to the app store, I needed to 'enrol' onto the Apple Developer Program. I was swiftly met with the following rejection message:

View attachment 870286

And that's it. No information, no advice, no further links to click on to let me know what's going on. A bit of googling reveals this is a common issue faced by a lot of people, all of whom ended up similarly stuck against a total brick wall of non-informational rejection. Some folk have been stuck for months.

So that's it. Fuck Apple, I won't bother with them.

And what's more? They make developers pay $99 per YEAR for this. Seriously the entire Apple business model is just marketing hype for weak-brained and cash-ignorant. Who the fuck actually wants to be part of this? I simply do not get it.

Luckily for me, the app I made is cross-platform, and it's already been submitted to the Play Store. Android all the way from now on. Fuck Apple. I mean seriously, this has even brought into question my budding desire to become a cross platform app developer. I now hate Apple so much that I think I'll go toward web or desktop software instead. I'd happily be an Android developer but most businesses want apps for Android and iOS at once. Sadly I now want to boycott Apple by cutting away from it as far as I possibly can, and so I may have to abandon my plans to get into mobile development. Fuck Apple.
If I had a developer account, my sideloaded jailbreak app would last 365 days instead of 7 days before needing to get renewed.

Well, I’ve been doing pretty well with not turning off my phone and haven’t had to use it for over a month.

·
Registered
29,159 Posts
I can't speak to all of the states still counting, but Arizona did count mail in ballots as the received them (I voted absentee in AZ, yay! Make it blue!) and PA was held up specifically by Trump trying to interfere with their mail in ballot system before election day. Also, they allowed people to mail in ballots as late as the day of (which, I actually don't think is a good practice, but hey, Biden's winning, what do I care?)
Georgia and Nevada? I don't know, I think they're being super careful because the secretary of state (person organizing the election in their state) in each of those states is Republican and they don't want the results they're getting. Hence, Georgia is even planning to do a recount 🙄
Nothing like recounting millions of votes to stall for time. I’m just mad that haven’t updated the google map in 2 days. I expect more. This is supposed to be america.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
A quick return to my rants about when my brother was living here with his boyfriend:

They used SO MUCH toilet paper, and I still don't know why. I buy a 9 pack and it lasts me months. Months! With those two in the house, the whole lot would be gone in a week. It's one of those things that you can't easily question, but just irritates you deeply because of how obscene it is.

Well I'm glad I had that rant.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
Another thing I'd like to rant about:

A mate of mine came up with the idea of using our programming skills for the greater good. We're both lefties so we thought we could form some sort of collective and do a tech/programming related thing to help in a wider social or political sense. I was very enthusiastic about this, thinking we could perhaps make an app, website or other kind of service that might serve the public in some way. An obvious example would be a food bank app, where people can see what food charities are available (food bank usage has skyrocketed in the UK), or an app/website for people at risk of eviction due to the wave of job cuts and loss of support during the covid recession.

So that's what I expected. I even contacted an old friend of mine, who is/was big on the activist scene (he even made national papers a couple of years ago for some of his actions) to ask for his own thoughts on what kind of work our collective could do.

But what happened?

Well, another guy joined our little collective, which made three of us in total. We had a couple of discussions over video chat to figure out what we could do, where we'd like to go, etc, and then decided to... Just tinker around and learn stuff and share our learning experiences with each other. WT-actual-F?!?!?

A week later, the third guy slowly began to reveal his inner Linux diehard tech bro side, which really grated me the wrong way, as he insisted on us using all of his chosen tech (which he learned at a coding bootcamp) rather than the tried and tested way of doing things that I have been accustomed to in the professional working world of programming. I felt like I was working in an amateur high school group project.

Secondly, my mate seemed more interested in learning about AI and machine learning. Again... WT-actual-F?!?!

So our left wing collective turned into a pointless, shitty, waste-of-time tech bro collective with zero aim at actually making society better. Waste of fucking time. I mean, I even contacted my old activist mate to tell him what we were doing and get the ball rolling. It felt like a serious thing was underfoot. But now? Nothing.

·
Registered
INTP
4,783 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately, volunteer work and political action can be very frustrating.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
I've never understood why people invest so much time in sharing instagram and facebook stories - those video/picture things that disappear 24h after you've posted them. If you want to document what you're doing for others to see, you might as well post it on your timeline so it's there forever. I don't understand what value these 24h lifespan stories add. All I can surmise is that there's a psychologically manipulative element, wherein you feel like you're the star of your own show and can give everybody live updates collated in chronological but time-limited order. It just shows to me the insidious nature of social media and how those companies have strategies based entirely on human addiction responses.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I'm pretty sick of these 5-for-every-100 word responses out of people.
Maybe I talk too much, but still, I wonder... Am I the problem? Is it that I'm speaking too presumptuously or something? Over-analytical perhaps? In a way people just don't care about maybe?

It can't exactly be subject matter, since I have go on about the widest range of topics. In fact, often these topics are supposed to be right up the other person's alley. And yet... extremely dry and uninspiring answers are the norm.
Not saying exceptions don't exist, I've met several! But the fact that they are exceptions = exactly what's causing this 'rant'.

·
Registered
INTP
4,783 Posts
My Guardian cryptic crosswords won't load! This has been going on for two days now, and I'm having withdrawal. Somewhat miffed because I just sent them my annual donation.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
I stopped reading the Guardian a couple of years ago. They used to be a strong left wing voice, but after breaking into the American reader market they shifted to the neoliberal, watered down, social-justice not-really-political-but-also-highly-political version of left wing politics, often manifesting as identity politics instead of having concrete ideas about economy etc, while promoting freedom and liberalism in such a way that it in fact supports right wing policy instead of opposing it.

Every now and again they still have excellent pieces, but most of their headline stories are woefully neoliberal, i.e. cloak-and-dagger right wing ideology; a wolf in liberal sheep's clothing.

·
Registered
INTP
5,268 Posts
I recently joined Reddit and decided to follow the INTP sub on there. It's absolutely full of what seems like clueless teenagers who think "INTP" is some sort of badge of honour that lets one claim to be fantastically intelligent and highly lazy, like "I know I'm a failure at life but I don't care because I'm just so deep and philosophical yeah look at me the nihilist". I suppose... there's some truth to that, but they also think that the basement-dwelling fantasy nerd is an INTP character trait too. I don't think many of them are really INTPs. They're just.... boring nerds.

·
Registered
29,159 Posts
I recently joined Reddit and decided to follow the INTP sub on there. It's absolutely full of what seems like clueless teenagers who think "INTP" is some sort of badge of honour that lets one claim to be fantastically intelligent and highly lazy, like "I know I'm a failure at life but I don't care because I'm just so deep and philosophical yeah look at me the nihilist". I suppose... there's some truth to that, but they also think that the basement-dwelling fantasy nerd is an INTP character trait too. I don't think many of them are really INTPs. They're just.... boring nerds.
Wow, you’re right. I just looked at it and every single post on the page had something to do with being lazy, procrastinating or not being able to make up one’s mind.

The good news is they will progress beyond MBTI in a few years and start discussing other stuff.

9221 - 9240 of 9250 Posts