Personality Cafe banner

9481 - 9500 of 9527 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
See last line of my post.

While "vaccine passports" are not yet a thing, and perhaps never will be, I do think that vaccinated folk will have a much easier time moving from country to country. I still have my sights on Vietnam, and I think a vaccination would be a nice little bonus to aid with that quest. (It's a very selfish way of seeing things though, because so many people ought to have the vaccine before me, hence me donning my selfish hat for that post).
But for your brother to get it is surely a mix-up..?

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
But for your brother to get it is surely a mix-up..?
Yeah it must be.

Or, he has an underlying severe health condition that he's been keeping secret from everyone! I don't think that's likely though.

The other line of reasoning is that his wife works in something relating to healthcare, which might put him into some kind of tertiary 'at risk' category. Either way, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
Currently in a big skype meeting with a couple of the main bosses and us developers.

The meeting is split into 10 parts (each part is a review of particular aspects of the overall project), and we were told it would be done in about an hour.

So far we are still only on part 1 of the meeting, and it has already been 1 hour and 2 minutes. I've been sat on mute for a whole hour while the first guy has an endless back-and-forth with the main boss about various things that pop into the boss's head.

This is going to be a fucking long call. Ultra fucking long.

·
Registered
INTP
5,549 Posts
When I open a new tab, Google shows me a bunch of headlines. Today's selection:

Gardening
Tennis
Hockey
MMA
Fashion
A celebrity's new look
Big business acquisitions (× 2)
Irrelevant new government policy (but details "unclear")
Changes to travel laws.

The only one that could possibly interest me is the last one. Come on, Google, even spammers know me better than this.

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
Yesterday's video chat meeting has continued today. We've so far spent 1 and a half hours listening to just one guy share his screen while the boss talks about every tiny thing he notices.

I am sat here in silence. I have said about 10 sentences.

It's half past 2 now. At this rate, I won't be surprised if this goes on until 4 or 5pm.

Update: We're now at the 2 hour point and I'm still just sat here. What a fucking ridiculous waste of time of 5 software developers. All sat in silence while the absolute majority of the talking is done by the main boss who seems to love coming out with every idea on the planet all in one long endless dialogue. I think this is an ENFP trait? Or ESFP? I'm not sure. He's the kind of person who thrives best on saying every little thing that comes into his mind, without caring at all about the time or patience of others.

·
Registered
INTJ
309 Posts
@HAL
But why you guys allowed this though. I attend many different meetings frequently, with "bosses" of various caliber and it is perfectly fine to just cut the bullshit when it happens and remind what the goal of this meeting actually is. It is extremely annoying when hours are just wasted like that just because someone enjoys the sound of his voice.

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
@HAL
But why you guys allowed this though. I attend many different meetings frequently, with "bosses" of various caliber and it is perfectly fine to just cut the bullshit when it happens and remind what the goal of this meeting actually is. It is extremely annoying when hours are just wasted like that just because someone enjoys the sound of his voice.
I suspect it's a cultural thing. In some groups and with some leaders it's possible to do that, and with others it isn't.

Also, it wasn't purely a bullshit meeting. The points being discussed were pertinent. It just went on for far too long, in my opinion.

·
Registered
INTJ
309 Posts
@HAL
I see. By "bullshit" I meant things that go out of scope time-wise or else. Maybe it can be an opportunity to develop some leadership qualities.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
This is one of those times I’m glad I wake up outside of my dreams.

My dream this night was about going to Home Depot and stealing groceries.

Nothing gets me like guilt. But oftentimes I’m also guilted even though I do nothing wrong.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
living with people;

the electric kettle overheats now and has 'melted' the sealant resulting in leaks.

offered to purchase a replacement... lacking the drive to fix it.

members that frequently overfill it, which causes it to spill over while heating, believe this is the sole cause of the leaks.

evidence to the contrary does not satisfy them because they don't see it that way themselves and because they don't see it, they won't test it for themselves.

therefore if remains untested, they remain right and the counter wet.

·
Registered
Caffeinated ☕
1,664 Posts
living with people;

the electric kettle overheats now and has 'melted' the sealant resulting in leaks.

offered to purchase a replacement... lacking the drive to fix it.

members that frequently overfill it, which causes it to spill over while heating, believe this is the sole cause of the leaks.

evidence to the contrary does not satisfy them because they don't see it that way themselves and because they don't see it, they won't test it for themselves.

therefore if remains untested, they remain right and the counter wet.
Ha! Sounds about right... just replace it anyway. Say you’re upgrading. ;)

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
Ha! Sounds about right... just replace it anyway. Say you’re upgrading. ;)
one member is paranoid about things I buy. . . which means as a result, I've been tempted to buy something that looks like a chemistry set.

though I'd likely end up with the most practical, similar to the original design but better.. however that slight difference will be a point of contention to the one that believes even if there is no learning curve, the mere fact that it is different means said member will have to get used to it.. which may take months to years.

so, if I make the purchase for a common area, we end up with more clutter, drama and likely something that will go unused until a consensus is reached.

but I chose to live in this situation, so there is no other person to blame.

it's a repeat of themes to which I'm likely the one with more reservations on unfamiliar variables. . . perhaps a masochist tendencies; hell is other people.

·
Registered
Caffeinated ☕
1,664 Posts
I've been tempted to buy something that looks like a chemistry set.
Or just get actual chemistry equipment. :LOL: (Be sure to include a mercury thermometer for accurate temperature readings - overheating problem solved!)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Who the shit produces bio rice milk containing 8/100 grams sugar. C'mon, tastes like soda. It says "bio", supposed to be healthy.

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
I'm not a particularly tall or lanky person, but sometimes it really feels like my arms are just great big swinging clumsy appendages.

Today I knocked a large glass off the table with my dumb swinging ape arm as I stood up from my chair. It smashed everywhere and I've just spent about 10 minutes sweeping up all the glass, which seemed to go everywhere.

I often make this kind of clumsy mistake with my hands, and it greatly enrages me. Such lack of control, with such instant, childish failure. Usually it's just knocking my hand into a hard object, resulting in unnecessary pain. Today I knocked into my largest glass which I use every day, and now it is dead.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
I had to run upgrade scripts on a Linux database server and then I had to run a Windows Installer on the Windows Web Server.

Guess which one caused enormous problems?

Surprisingly it was Windows all I had to do was run an app and it is barley operating as expected.

·
Registered
aɪntp
3,642 Posts
just get a stainless steel kettle with adjustable thermostat, I think that would be cheaper than a hotplate.

The one I bought doesn't even have a cutout for the fill indicator, it's just an insert strip with a min. and max. line. Less potential for leaks.

9481 - 9500 of 9527 Posts