Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
- My ability to pull inspiration out of the air and apply it to art, writing, and most importantly poetry.

- Breaking the barrier of communication and changing over to symbolism. Why converse conventionally when you can say 10 different things at once?

- My ability to see depth; the multiple layers that our existence consists of.

- I can connect with others in an inexplicable way, an attached focus of energy.

- I can find meaning in all the events that happen around me and rationalize it. An internal knowledge that everything happens for a reason. Even if the answers aren't clear yet.

- My ability to focus my Ni + Te and do an accurate palm reading. This gives me a lot of joy reading somebody's life. Exploring into all the complexities of the past and all the possibilities of what is to come. Nothing is set in stone.

- My ability to rationalize my mental illness. My hormonal ups and downs and be able to overcome it through sheer will power.

- My ability to not take everything too personally and detach myself from somebody's anger.

- Overcoming fear of learning a new skill and becoming competent in just about everything I set my sights on. (Except chess of course)

- Seeing the picture as a whole and being able to pull resources to make it happen.

- Being able to act for the whole group as opposed to the individual. This takes a lot more strength.

- When faced with a crisis I go into practical mode.

- I am the ultimate contingency planner.

- The ability to absorb information and my wanting to share it with everybody. Teaching and expanding on ideas to fully better understand the concepts.

- My introverted mind set helps me be more reliant on myself. Independent of needing too much outside stimulus and perhaps being less of a burden when I am in an emotional crisis.

- My confidence and self esteem. Knowing full well my internal truths; what I am, what I stand for, who I am, and why I am the way I am.

- My strong set of morals.

- My ability to still be vulnerable and accept it. My ability to be able to pull strength from within myself

- Knowing when it is time to make things end and accept that old models have not worked and move on from there.

- The ability to love fully, wholly, and with eyes wide open. Being able to see the faults and to push through them, and love regardless.

- My patience.

- My focus.

- My ability to make my mind up and pull through.

- My reliability.

- Stability and security.

- Loyalty.

- My confident sense of sensuality and the expression of such.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Since we have a thread dedicated to our faults as INTJs, let's bring some positivity and talk about our strengths! So my fellow INTJs, What are your strengths that you recognize in yourself? How do you utilize and optimize your strengths?
Here's a strength! I was friends with the homecoming queen. She liked my boyfriend and tried many times to bang him. One day she felt bad and called me crying and said "why don't you hate me?" I said "What? hate can give me wrinkles!" She laughed ...

I have the ability to ignore irrational human emotions and keep friends that I think I might be able to utilize in the future. She is very scucessful and works for Apple. Plus I get to aviod drama. That must count for something ... Plus I just always liked her regardless. I keep friends despite drama. I have many friends that I love.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well....

I did go through an exercise called "Strengths Finder 2.0" that listed these 5 strengths for me:

Learner - People strong in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.

Achiever - People strong in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.

Responsibility - People strong in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.

Intellection - People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Strategic - People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.

As for how I optimize these, part of this is seeing where these overlap or combine to some extent. Learner and Strategic both involve alternative ways of doing things so that can be using both strengths in finding other ways to do things. Achiever and Responsibility dovetail together so that if I say I'll do something, it gets carried through as I do both follow on what I say and work hard to achieve what I want. I enjoy pondering different views on something and seeing different ways that things could work. For example, if someone wants to know what kinds of reactions may happen in a situation, that is the kind of meaty question I enjoy discussing and seeing where a conversation may go.

Alternatively, looking at my Enneagram type of 1w2, the strength there is that I have high standards and seek to meet them, often helping others in the process. If one can temper a perfectionistic attitude so that it is kept in check, there are some great things these tendencies can create. I'm not sure how useful this is to state here, but it is something I think may be useful to discuss here.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
My strengths:

I have the ability to see through the darkest of a situation and still see positives.
I am loyal.
I can see weaknesses in others and not take advantage of them. Even in a fight with that person I won't use their weakness against them.
I can help people understand themselves.
I can also help people focus.
I am patient.
I am rational.
I think before acting. It is a rare moment that I ever react to anything.
I allow people to be themselves around me. I accept the differences.
I gave birth to and single handedly raised a teenage daughter I am proud of no matter which path she decides to take.
In adversity I am calm and don't fall to pieces.
I'm not a whiner.
I have a huge capacity for love.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a strength! I was friends with the homecoming queen. She liked my boyfriend and tried many times to bang him. One day she felt bad and called me crying and said "why don't you hate me?" I said "What? hate can give me wrinkles!" She laughed ...

I have the ability to ignore irrational human emotions and keep friends that I think I might be able to utilize in the future. She is very scucessful and works for Apple. Plus I get to aviod drama. That must count for something ... Plus I just always liked her regardless. I keep friends despite drama. I have many friends that I love.
So you decided to keep a friend who was trying to get a rise out of you and betray you? Seems to me like you're just keeping her around for the Apple goods. Guess you gotta get something materialistic out of it after the headache she tried to cause.

·
Registered
765 Posts
So you decided to keep a friend who was trying to get a rise out of you and betray you? Seems to me like you're just keeping her around for the Apple goods. Guess you gotta get something materialistic out of it after the headache she tried to cause.
Sorta but not really. She's a good person from the inside I think. She just needed to find herself ...

·
Registered
131 Posts
My strength is in versatility/flexibility.
(Piano, Sing, Dance, Draw, Paint, Sculpt, Write, Any general sport, 3 majors in progress)

but too bad I'm physically not flexible, and can't touch my toes when stretching. (yoga = X)
Maybe I should work on that too.

(bleh, I feel as if my body parts are shrinking whenever I brag about myself)

·
Registered
254 Posts
1. I can whine endlessly when there is someone to take care of me, but when I'm on my own I gather myself and take care of the problem.
2. In a crisis situation, if there's anyone who could solve the problem I withdraw (same as above), but if I'm the one best suited for the job I just act no matter what.
3. Even if I have my own problems, if any of my friends is in emotional trouble I discard my own emotions and help him/her out right away. I think they're more important at that time.
4. I have an internal right/wrong detector when searching for an answer to a question concerning myself, my emotions etc. Doesn't mean I know the answer right away. It just means if I find an answer, I immediately know if it's right or wrong.
5. I can see my own mistakes and I can admit it if I'm wrong. I do not seek applause, I seek the truth, it doesn't matter who is right.
6. I am able to see my weaknesses and my assets and manipulate myself so that I can take advantage of both.
7. I have very high standards for myself, which might be rustrating sometimes (because I don't always live up to them), but on the other hand, it pushes me forward in life, making me perfect every aspect of it so that I can be proud of myself. Also, I believe I am quite fair in giving myself prizes and punishments when earned.

:cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I did go through an exercise called "Strengths Finder 2.0" that listed these 5 strengths for me:

Learner - People strong in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.

Achiever - People strong in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.

Responsibility - People strong in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.

Intellection - People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Strategic - People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.

As for how I optimize these, part of this is seeing where these overlap or combine to some extent. Learner and Strategic both involve alternative ways of doing things so that can be using both strengths in finding other ways to do things. Achiever and Responsibility dovetail together so that if I say I'll do something, it gets carried through as I do both follow on what I say and work hard to achieve what I want. I enjoy pondering different views on something and seeing different ways that things could work. For example, if someone wants to know what kinds of reactions may happen in a situation, that is the kind of meaty question I enjoy discussing and seeing where a conversation may go.

Alternatively, looking at my Enneagram type of 1w2, the strength there is that I have high standards and seek to meet them, often helping others in the process. If one can temper a perfectionistic attitude so that it is kept in check, there are some great things these tendencies can create. I'm not sure how useful this is to state here, but it is something I think may be useful to discuss here.
Cool! I did it as well and mine was:

Input - People strong in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.

Learner and Responsibilty (like Jbking).

Individualization - People strong in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.

Relator - People who are strong in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.

I'm feeling too lazy too add anything else...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
-My ability to focus my mind into a small, concentrated point, making targeted improvements while keeping the big picture in mind.
-My ability to create systems of vast complexity and enormous economic value (think 9 digits) out of whole cloth, leaving it a state that has a framework that allows others to fill in details.
-My ability to be as hard as I want to be
-My ability to never accept defeat if I don't want to in something I care about: whenever I fail, I improve until I not only pass my goal, but smash it.
-My ability to control my emotions rather than vice-versa.
-My capacity to learn:
-My ability to make enough money to sustain a good lifestyle and to provide for those I love.
-My ability to be a better person tomorrow than I am today.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
When they come a conclusion it cannot be changed. I would give anything to do that, I keep changing my mind on everything

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can admit to my own flaws, and accept them in others and I am very positive.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
My single greatest strength as an individual is my ability to wait. I can see further than most people and I have an infinite amount of patience when it suits my needs.

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
1. I am rational.
2. I can spot BS from a mile away.
3. I think before I act and speak.
4. I can get things done quickly and efficiently.
5. My willingness to learn.
6. I am extremely loyal to the people I care about.
7. I have very high standards and goals for myself.
8. I am not clingy.
9. I don't need other people around to entertain myself.
10. I give good advice.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
1. I am rational.
2. I can spot BS from a mile away.
3. I think before I act and speak.
4. I can get things done quickly and efficiently.
5. My willingness to learn.
6. I am extremely loyal to the people I care about.
7. I have very high standards and goals for myself.
8. I am not clingy.
9. I don't need other people around to entertain myself.
10. I give good advice.
All perfect from The Waffle, I would just add for myself:

11. I am non-materialistic- I can live, thrive, and be geniunley happy with very little material wealth or physical comforts

12. I am supremely patient and disciplined; able to think, plan, and bide my time to achieve long-term successes.

13. I don't sweat the small stuff in life. If someone needs to cut in front of me in line, or change seats with me I don't throw a temper tantrum, I just give it to them if I can afford it (which I always can.)

14. I am tolerant of others' quirks, eccentricities, different points of view, cultures, and other differences.

15. I am (perhaps uncharacteristically so for some INTJs), quite diplomatic and tactful toward people, even when I vehemently disagree with them.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I know this is an INTJ post, but I am married to one so I thought I would give you a read of your strengths from my point of view.(ie: barge into your post and forum....)

You are rock solid. This means that if I am falling apart I can come to you and you stay calm, cool and collected. You help me to organize my thoughts and listen to everything(no interruptions), giving me logical reasons that this or that will, or will not happen. This helps me focus. It also grounds me.

You guys are extremely loyal. Even if your other is wrong, you will under no circumstances say so in public. In private it will be different, but in public, you are the font of strength and support.

You keep your emotions to yourself and don't let them fly all over. This is important for me, because I conduct others emotions, and I hate it. I become overwhelmed. I can be with a NT and not have to feel all their emotions flying all over uncontrolled. It is peacefull, you are very neat with your emotions. It grounds my type.

You are funny as hell. This may be one of the most important things in any sucessful relationship, laughter. And you find funny in macabre situations and make me laugh. When I am sad, you make me laugh about the saddness I am feeling. Or about what makes me sad.

You follow my logic and can talk in the language that is private to us. Sensors don't seem to 'get it' or know what we are talking about and can't usually follow the conversation. It's a special type of intimacy found in NF/NT relationships.

You always keep your word. It you say you will do something, it gets done. Or, you will not agree to it.

You are good long term planners. Damage control, I call it. You seem to know that we need to have mulitple plans and multiple stashes of cash for emergencies. I can't say that is my best quality.

You are always there if I need you. You are always there if I need calm and quietness. You are just always there. You guys are the calm in the storm.

Thank God for INTJs. I would not trade mine for the world.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Everything killerB said sounds like me, but no one has ever told me all those things. Maybe they just don't see it, but it's there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think the best skill all INTJs possess is their ability to read people/group dynamics extremely quickly. This ability more than compensates for some of our so-called weaknesses (lack of empathy/sympathy, inability to read social cues, etc).

The struggle then becomes to actually react to what we see and use this info. productively/positively and not just store it for "future use" or as fodder.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts