Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, so i've been in into this typology cahoodle for about a year now, and now i am stuck between me either being INTP or ISTP (or INTJ at times, but forget that).

Some pointers may be:

ISTP
  • Really aware of my surroundings, people can normally not ninja up on me.
  • Very interested in physical training, as i love:
    • Swordfighting
    • Climbing
    • Running
    • Weightlifting
    • Archery
    • Rugby
  • Got a pretty dry/dark/pervy humour, to my girlfriends despair :laughing:
  • I like partying when its not cold and dark (living in denmark, so thats pretty common)
  • Always been one for figuring out how things work, taking objects apart since i was a bab.
  • Been described by my girlfriend (and other ex-lovers) as very sensual, very charismatic, and pretty damn good at fucking.
  • Very mechanically inclined, love figuring out how engines work and so on.
  • Abselutely love food
  • Often make small games for myself out of things (how fast can i do this, how high can i make that)
  • Have a tendency to get into fights because of my stubborness/impulsivness

Now some pointers for the other team:

• INTP
  • (now i cant go out of bold mode, and cant put dots, gee wee)
  • *My dad (ESTP) has pretty much always said im waay over-thinking some stuff (normally future shit, so Ni?)
  • *Like a good discussion as long personal feelings dont get too much into it
  • *Find word plays waaay to fun.
  • *Can be pretty lost in my own head, specially when im depressed.
    *Was pretty into politics once, mostly anarchistic philosophy with no real way of implementation (was more interested in how to do often, then having a circlejerk about freedom)
    *Been described to often be very philosophical in life, but i've also always been said to be very intelligent, props a connection there.

So if you have any additional questions, or answers, feel free to supply

Thanks again :proud:

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
pretty damn good at fucking

tendency to get into fights

stubborness/impulsivness

Like a good discussion as long as personal feelings
Case in point
ISTP

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yeah, so i've been in into this typology cahoodle for about a year now, and now i am stuck between me either being INTP or ISTP (or INTJ at times, but forget that).

Some pointers may be:

ISTP
  • Really aware of my surroundings, people can normally not ninja up on me.
  • Very interested in physical training, as i love:
    • Swordfighting
    • Climbing
    • Running
    • Weightlifting
    • Archery
    • Rugby
  • Got a pretty dry/dark/pervy humour, to my girlfriends despair :laughing:
  • I like partying when its not cold and dark (living in denmark, so thats pretty common)
  • Always been one for figuring out how things work, taking objects apart since i was a bab.
  • Been described by my girlfriend (and other ex-lovers) as very sensual, very charismatic, and pretty damn good at fucking.
  • Very mechanically inclined, love figuring out how engines work and so on.
  • Abselutely love food
  • Often make small games for myself out of things (how fast can i do this, how high can i make that)
  • Have a tendency to get into fights because of my stubborness/impulsivness

Now some pointers for the other team:

• INTP
  • (now i cant go out of bold mode, and cant put dots, gee wee)
  • *My dad (ESTP) has pretty much always said im waay over-thinking some stuff (normally future shit, so Ni?)
  • *Like a good discussion as long personal feelings dont get too much into it
  • *Find word plays waaay to fun.
  • *Can be pretty lost in my own head, specially when im depressed.
    *Was pretty into politics once, mostly anarchistic philosophy with no real way of implementation (was more interested in how to do often, then having a circlejerk about freedom)
    *Been described to often be very philosophical in life, but i've also always been said to be very intelligent, props a connection there.

So if you have any additional questions, or answers, feel free to supply

Thanks again :proud:
I would say ISTP. You have many points supporting ISTP and a lot of your points favouring INTP are also common ISTP traits too.

Introverted thinking is very analytical and does do a lot of over-thinking, so to your dad whose dominant function is Se that takes in everything as it passes, it's going to look very excessive.

Also, INTPs are generally not very impulsive. Introverted sensing likes to utilise what has worked and look to the past to govern how to act. Plus Ne just considers all the possible implications anyway. Food isn't a big thing for them either, they can even forget to eat sometimes.

Plus if you think about the future a lot, ISTP have tertiary Ni which is all about that. The most future-oriented function in INTPs is Ne but that generally just focuses on the immediate future and possibilities there and then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh, thanks for the perspective guys, it has really helped :proud:
Forgetting to eat? More like wanting to forget you ate, so you can eat more.
I was sort of rigid and unathletic as a kid, also fat. But i guess its that about Se kicking in, in those teen years that mark the difference.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Sounds like ISTP, yes.
For me, I eat because I think "Oh the good vitamins in there.", but more often I forget to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts