1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well I'd say Sephiroth I like his back story. And he is insanely powerful.
I mean the Sephiroth you see through most of the game isn't even him. It's a projection of himself from the northern crater D=

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
My vote goes to kefka. He is by far the most evil out of them IMO, that and add the fact he is a psycho-clown and well yeah XD.

Also there is the fact that he poisoned doma, outmaneuvered gestahl and shifted the triad out of balance, and essentially became god.

oh and you cant forget that he is hilariously cruel and evil on top of it all.

I am still debating his personality type though, seems like a xNxJ

Reactions: BudaRhythmic

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Kefka. Easily. Sephiroth is more popular which is exactly why he is a weaker villain than Kefka.

Consider the difference between Darth Vader and Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine. Vader is way cooler. Palpy is not cool at all. But is is so much better as villain for it cos no one really finds him in any way 'desirable.' Same diff. between Kefka And Sephiroth. Sephiroth commits inhumane acts but you can sympathise with him, due to his backstory, and he is just so cool you kinda admire him. Kefka is not cool. Kefka is a sick, twisted, vile individual who no one would wish to emulate. Sephiroth is cool so, no matter what evil he does, you like him. Kefka is the better villain. He makes you hate him.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am still debating his personality type though, seems like a xNxJ
I don't see him as a J really cos he acts on whims and vices rather than via thought-out plans. He's random and cruel and totally unmethodical. He just goes with his own maniacal flow. In the end he doesn't even have a set agenda for ruling the world, he just does it for its own sake and then decides to destroy everything, again on a whim. He strikes me as an insane ENTP, much like the Joker in Batman.

Sephiroth....? Not sure. I'd say INTJ, maybe

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Well its hard to argue wtih Sephiroth. <spoiler>He did kill one of the main characters, </spoiler> and just looks cool.
However, antagonists can also represent a major threat or obstacle to the main character by their very existance without actively targeting him or her (thank you Wikipedia), SO by that logic...I think Sin was a pretty central antagonist....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Can an ENFJ join?

Ehem, I think the STRONGEST (in story line sense) is Kefka! You see during the game how he slowly becomes a lunatic dominator of all the world, with people worshipping him and his ugly ways for becoming evil. He even makes the world of ruin, that's quite a feat!

In difficulty sense, I voted Sin, but the toughest is Yiazmat of FFXII. He's like 50 millon HP, quick to heal, quick to kill, oh my god. You can get away from battle and yet come again fully healed, but he's still tough to beat!

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Can an ENFJ join?

Ehem, I think the STRONGEST (in story line sense) is Kefka! You see during the game how he slowly becomes a lunatic dominator of all the world, with people worshipping him and his ugly ways for becoming evil. He even makes the world of ruin, that's quite a feat!

In difficulty sense, I voted Sin, but the toughest is Yiazmat of FFXII. He's like 50 millon HP, quick to heal, quick to kill, oh my god. You can get away from battle and yet come again fully healed, but he's still tough to beat!
I know, right?! Yiazmat is ridiculous! It took me six hours to beat him! SIX! FHE WEAPONS OF FINAL FANTASY VII AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' ON YIAZMAT!!!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sephiroth (INTJ) by far!

Sorry, Kefka's (ENTJ) got nothing on the One Winged Angel (aka Sephiroth's last boss form). You don't want to mess with his momma (Jenova) either. Kefka's a crazy dude, but Sephiroth's a bizarro (really, first boss form).

The toughest boss in all of FF has to be any Weapon boss.

Haven't played FF11, FF12, and FF13 yet, nor FF1&2.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ehem, I think the STRONGEST (in story line sense) is Kefka!
Yeah... I think the thread was designed to discuss who was strongest in a story-line sense. Who was the best at being a bad guy, kinda deal, as opposed to who was the 'strongest' in terms of game-play/difficulty to beat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts