Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
what you make me
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: the answers are my opinions on the world, not absolute truth. I'm open to criticism/discussion.
Do me wonders.

1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
It's worse to never attempt. You can learn from failure, come out stronger, wiser. If you let an opportunity go simply because you don't want to fail, then you have wasted an opportunity of experience and improvement.

2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
Ignorance.
I wish people didn't ignore the facts, followed idols blindly and were aware of confirmation bias. I'd eliminate ignorance so that the world can become a better place.

3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
I'm not a person believing in predetermined destiny, so I'd say 80-20. We have the ability to set goals and decide to work towards them, but there's still a chance of something unexpected happening. However, whatever life throws at you, it cannot deprive you of your willpower. We are a resourceful species, and while we cannot account for every single event, I believe we have the power to shape misfortune into something more desirable.

4. What happens after we die?
I like to think we are connected to a mutual consciousness and that we return to that source. I imagine it like a web of interconnectedness that feeds from its members' experiences, something intangible. And something we can access in times of really deep meditation.

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
If you are doing things right, you are doing the right thing. Anyway... who is to say what is right? It's extremely subjective. And to say what's the right way to do something? Do you define it by the outcome, or by the time it takes? It's just so relative and depends.

6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
Probably none because it wouldn't understand... Even if it would, I wouldn't want to force my own views and experiences on them, I'd rather let them learn from their own mistakes and struggles. I don't know what kind of person they'd turn out to be so my advice could hinder their development.

7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Insanity is like... trying to give advice to a newborn infant. Anyway. In my opinion, being creative means thinking about new ways and being able to decide if they are valid or can be implemented. Insanity is acting on those ways without considering their validity. So... insanity is creativity with the logic filter turned off.

8. What is true happiness?
Letting go
of expectations that society imposes on us and being able to follow our vision, fulfill our purpose. Have a sense of unity, knowing that we serve something that is above us. It is a state of serenity and calmness, transendence above mundane problems.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
Self-imposed limitations, having to challenge the image I've constructed about myself. Fear of the unknown, and ironically, failure.

10. What makes you, you?
Everything related to me - my body, my mind, my experiences, my ideas, my thoughts, my decisions, my tastes...

11. What is the truth?
Facts, can be proven or have considerable support over the opposition. Something that can withstand all probing questions and is in accordance with reality in its most objective state.

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
I'm not sure you can decide what is right and wrong universally (just like I've implied earlier). There are people who say lying is a sin - for them, white lies might not be okay, either. I think that lying is acceptable in some situations, so white lies are also okay for me. I'm not sure I can say a definite rule, because it depends on the views of the person you ask, even on the situation.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
I don't.
We all percieve reality differently, mixing our thoughts and emotions into the objective world we are processing. Some things can be estabilished - the sky is blue, the grass is green. But even those had to be defined once - the sky could be red, the grass could be white, it's all just nomenclature. Moreover, what one person experiences can greatly vary from the experience of others. We put emphasis on different aspects of reality, which further distorts the image we construct. What I experience will be real for me, but might not be real for others.

14. What makes a good friend?
Loyalty, honesty, long discussions, shared interests, dedicating time to each other.

15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
Because they imagine owning that thing and become so attached to the notion of having it that even the possibility of losing it causes them pain.

16. Who decides what morality is?
People of power.
I do not believe in an objective moral system, tough. What is right for me may be wrong for someone else as our moral compass is once again shaped by many factors. There are things most of us consider immoral - for example, taking someone's life, so there is a reason behind implementing a universal code of conduct. But these regulations again serve humanity's selfish interests instead of something greater.

17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
Not everyone who is alive actually lives.
Living means you found your purpose and have a clear goal, making the most out of life. Being alive implies simply being and going with the flow.

18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
If truly nobody knows then I don't know it, either. What's the point of doing something if you get to forget about it?
Of course it meant nobody else. But that still means that if I do it I'll know about it and I have to live with its consequences. If you think you can bear it, go for it. As for me... it would depend, but I'm not sure I'd do it, because the self-imposed disdain and shame is worse than any punishment.

19. Is there a reason to life?
I believe we all have a purpose that we should aim to find, something that brings us joy and fills us with a sense of duty. I condemn those who live day-by-day, aimlessly, with no thought of self-improvement or direction. Those people might say there is no reason in living, but they have barely tasted what life could offer.

20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
Again, I don't. (Why are these questions trying to put words into my mouth?) In fact, what I know is that it's very different. We all process events and happenings slightly differently. We do share similarities considering that the biological system sustaining our consiousness is nearly identical, but if we've learnt anything while trying to uncover the secrets of the human brain it's that we still barely understand what consciousness truly is.

21. What is true strength?
Being able to carry out your goals without being hindered, powering through with pure strength of will. Not caring about others' opinion. Resisting temptations.

22. What is true love?
Knowing that someone accepts you with your faults and imperfections and the assurance that you can rely on them, no matter what kind of hardship comes.

23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
I believe family is the most relevant now, when people are becoming more and more detached due to social media influence and excessive online time. I find it sad how indifferent people are becoming, and I do not look forward the time to come. I'm afraid it'll be getting worse.

24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
Not much, I'm afraid. Not that it did earlier, either. Humanity has self-destructing tendencies and values individual advancement more. As such, it's extremely hard to find people of honor. Even great advocates of previous times weren't exactly 100% honorable.

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
Money doesn't buy happiness but makes life more smooth. I look up to philosophers of ancient times, especially Stoics. They knew how to lead a virtuous life without external possessions and were content, active people. Times have changed though, I'm not sure we could live a fulfilling life without money anymore. But that doesn't mean we need to overindulge in pleasures.

26. How should people live their lives?
By identifying their strengths and weaknesses, working on bettering themselves, setting clear goals and having a purpose. And not trying to force their views on others, trying to lecture them and tell them how they should live. Everyone mind their own business and make sure we advance as a species.

27. How much control do you have over your life?
Quite much.
I'm university student, mostly financially independent, live with my SO, shape my own future. My parents did try to impose their views on me, especially with regards to my job, but I didn't yield.

28. What is freedom?
Not having to bend to external regulations, being able to follow one's passion, not caring about social standards. It's greatly subjective, though. Just like half of the questions here.

29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
Yes, it is. That's why I hate movies where big bad dictatorship tries to opress people and the heroic, honorable and brave warriors kick its ass. Things aren't black and white, it's all about perspective.

30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
I'd go with nurture, but I also believe there are factors that are coded into us and cannot be changed. Especially behavioural patterns.

31. What defines you?
I find this question to be slightly different from 10, because I can say what I think defines me, but ask anyone else and they'll say something different. What defines me is the impression I make, the mental image I leave in other people. So there are probably dozens of me living in people's mind, and they'll all be different, defined by their captor's impression of and thoughts about my humble self.

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
During enlightenment you strip off all your needs and desires. You are content in the present moment and have transcended the mundane. I suppose the goal becomes the betterment of self and humanity, simply out of a sense of duty.

33. Do we have a soul?
I believe we do
, and I believe it's linked to consciousness. I'm really looking forward to advances in cognitive psychology, though I doubt we'll uncover these secrets in the near future.

34. What is intelligence?
A quantifier humans created to measure the immeasurable.
Then to resolve this issue they made sure to differentiate intelligence that is emotional, spatial, linguistic, etc. What illustrates this problem perfectly is that there still isn't a solid definition of the term, yet it provides a powerful concept that people decided to distort and identify with. I do not wish to imply that there is no way to differentiate between people with more and less mental capacities, but I believe in its current state intelligence is too broad of a term to truly capture and monitor our inner processes, and we don't know enough of these processes to try and quantify them.

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
I hate others deciding instead of me. The only time I ask them to decide for me is when my mind is so tired and burnt-out that I can barely function.

36. What is reality?
External stimuli sprinkled with a dose of subjectivity.

37. Is trust more important than love?
You cannot have love without trust, but you can have trust without love. So I'd opt for trust.

38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
It's equally hard. To be loved you have to let someone into your life, open yourself up and become vulnerable. To love someone you need to go out of your way and show them, dedicating time and energy to the person. Both of them are hard, but for different reasons.

39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
To love and lose. So that you could experience both love and grief and can learn from the experience, knowing what to look for or avoid next time. Moreover, noone will rob you of any fond memories.

40. Do aliens exist?
The universe is huge and there might be exoplanets in the habitable zone, but our planet is extremely lucky with regards to situation, protection and composition. It truly is one of a kind. By our current understanding life can originate from carbon or silicon, and for these chemicals the Earth provides optimum conditions. If we were to look for alien life, we'd have to either find the twin of Mother Earth (which supports silicon- and carbon chains), or try to consider other, extremely different living conditions that can breed other forms of life.

Reactions: Amenochu

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Disclaimer: the answers are my opinions on the world, not absolute truth. I'm open to criticism/discussion.
Do me wonders.

1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
It's worse to never attempt. You can learn from failure, come out stronger, wiser. If you let an opportunity go simply because you don't want to fail, then you have wasted an opportunity of experience and improvement.

2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
Ignorance.
I wish people didn't ignore the facts, followed idols blindly and were aware of confirmation bias. I'd eliminate ignorance so that the world can become a better place.

3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
I'm not a person believing in predetermined destiny, so I'd say 80-20. We have the ability to set goals and decide to work towards them, but there's still a chance of something unexpected happening. However, whatever life throws at you, it cannot deprive you of your willpower. We are a resourceful species, and while we cannot account for every single event, I believe we have the power to shape misfortune into something more desirable.

4. What happens after we die?
I like to think we are connected to a mutual consciousness and that we return to that source. I imagine it like a web of interconnectedness that feeds from its members' experiences, something intangible. And something we can access in times of really deep meditation.

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
If you are doing things right, you are doing the right thing. Anyway... who is to say what is right? It's extremely subjective. And to say what's the right way to do something? Do you define it by the outcome, or by the time it takes? It's just so relative and depends.

6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
Probably none because it wouldn't understand... Even if it would, I wouldn't want to force my own views and experiences on them, I'd rather let them learn from their own mistakes and struggles. I don't know what kind of person they'd turn out to be so my advice could hinder their development.

7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Insanity is like... trying to give advice to a newborn infant. Anyway. In my opinion, being creative means thinking about new ways and being able to decide if they are valid or can be implemented. Insanity is acting on those ways without considering their validity. So... insanity is creativity with the logic filter turned off.

8. What is true happiness?
Letting go
of expectations that society imposes on us and being able to follow our vision, fulfill our purpose. Have a sense of unity, knowing that we serve something that is above us. It is a state of serenity and calmness, transendence above mundane problems.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
Self-imposed limitations, having to challenge the image I've constructed about myself. Fear of the unknown, and ironically, failure.

10. What makes you, you?
Everything related to me - my body, my mind, my experiences, my ideas, my thoughts, my decisions, my tastes...

11. What is the truth?
Facts, can be proven or have considerable support over the opposition. Something that can withstand all probing questions and is in accordance with reality in its most objective state.

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
I'm not sure you can decide what is right and wrong universally (just like I've implied earlier). There are people who say lying is a sin - for them, white lies might not be okay, either. I think that lying is acceptable in some situations, so white lies are also okay for me. I'm not sure I can say a definite rule, because it depends on the views of the person you ask, even on the situation.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?
I don't.
We all percieve reality differently, mixing our thoughts and emotions into the objective world we are processing. Some things can be estabilished - the sky is blue, the grass is green. But even those had to be defined once - the sky could be red, the grass could be white, it's all just nomenclature. Moreover, what one person experiences can greatly vary from the experience of others. We put emphasis on different aspects of reality, which further distorts the image we construct. What I experience will be real for me, but might not be real for others.

14. What makes a good friend?
Loyalty, honesty, long discussions, shared interests, dedicating time to each other.

15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
Because they imagine owning that thing and become so attached to the notion of having it that even the possibility of losing it causes them pain.

16. Who decides what morality is?
People of power.
I do not believe in an objective moral system, tough. What is right for me may be wrong for someone else as our moral compass is once again shaped by many factors. There are things most of us consider immoral - for example, taking someone's life, so there is a reason behind implementing a universal code of conduct. But these regulations again serve humanity's selfish interests instead of something greater.

17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
Not everyone who is alive actually lives.
Living means you found your purpose and have a clear goal, making the most out of life. Being alive implies simply being and going with the flow.

If truly nobody knows then I don't know it, either. What's the point of doing something if you get to forget about it?
Of course it meant nobody else. But that still means that if I do it I'll know about it and I have to live with its consequences. If you think you can bear it, go for it. As for me... it would depend, but I'm not sure I'd do it, because the self-imposed disdain and shame is worse than any punishment.

19. Is there a reason to life?
I believe we all have a purpose that we should aim to find, something that brings us joy and fills us with a sense of duty. I condemn those who live day-by-day, aimlessly, with no thought of self-improvement or direction. Those people might say there is no reason in living, but they have barely tasted what life could offer.

20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
Again, I don't. (Why are these questions trying to put words into my mouth?) In fact, what I know is that it's very different. We all process events and happenings slightly differently. We do share similarities considering that the biological system sustaining our consiousness is nearly identical, but if we've learnt anything while trying to uncover the secrets of the human brain it's that we still barely understand what consciousness truly is.

21. What is true strength?
Being able to carry out your goals without being hindered, powering through with pure strength of will. Not caring about others' opinion. Resisting temptations.

22. What is true love?
Knowing that someone accepts you with your faults and imperfections and the assurance that you can rely on them, no matter what kind of hardship comes.

23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
I believe family is the most relevant now, when people are becoming more and more detached due to social media influence and excessive online time. I find it sad how indifferent people are becoming, and I do not look forward the time to come. I'm afraid it'll be getting worse.

24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
Not much, I'm afraid. Not that it did earlier, either. Humanity has self-destructing tendencies and values individual advancement more. As such, it's extremely hard to find people of honor. Even great advocates of previous times weren't exactly 100% honorable.

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
Money doesn't buy happiness but makes life more smooth. I look up to philosophers of ancient times, especially Stoics. They knew how to lead a virtuous life without external possessions and were content, active people. Times have changed though, I'm not sure we could live a fulfilling life without money anymore. But that doesn't mean we need to overindulge in pleasures.

26. How should people live their lives?
By identifying their strengths and weaknesses, working on bettering themselves, setting clear goals and having a purpose. And not trying to force their views on others, trying to lecture them and tell them how they should live. Everyone mind their own business and make sure we advance as a species.

27. How much control do you have over your life?
Quite much.
I'm university student, mostly financially independent, live with my SO, shape my own future. My parents did try to impose their views on me, especially with regards to my job, but I didn't yield.

28. What is freedom?
Not having to bend to external regulations, being able to follow one's passion, not caring about social standards. It's greatly subjective, though. Just like half of the questions here.

29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
Yes, it is. That's why I hate movies where big bad dictatorship tries to opress people and the heroic, honorable and brave warriors kick its ass. Things aren't black and white, it's all about perspective.

30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
I'd go with nurture, but I also believe there are factors that are coded into us and cannot be changed. Especially behavioural patterns.

31. What defines you?
I find this question to be slightly different from 10, because I can say what I think defines me, but ask anyone else and they'll say something different. What defines me is the impression I make, the mental image I leave in other people. So there are probably dozens of me living in people's mind, and they'll all be different, defined by their captor's impression of and thoughts about my humble self.

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
During enlightenment you strip off all your needs and desires. You are content in the present moment and have transcended the mundane. I suppose the goal becomes the betterment of self and humanity, simply out of a sense of duty.

33. Do we have a soul?
I believe we do
, and I believe it's linked to consciousness. I'm really looking forward to advances in cognitive psychology, though I doubt we'll uncover these secrets in the near future.

34. What is intelligence?
A quantifier humans created to measure the immeasurable.
Then to resolve this issue they made sure to differentiate intelligence that is emotional, spatial, linguistic, etc. What illustrates this problem perfectly is that there still isn't a solid definition of the term, yet it provides a powerful concept that people decided to distort and identify with. I do not wish to imply that there is no way to differentiate between people with more and less mental capacities, but I believe in its current state intelligence is too broad of a term to truly capture and monitor our inner processes, and we don't know enough of these processes to try and quantify them.

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
I hate others deciding instead of me. The only time I ask them to decide for me is when my mind is so tired and burnt-out that I can barely function.

36. What is reality?
External stimuli sprinkled with a dose of subjectivity.

37. Is trust more important than love?
You cannot have love without trust, but you can have trust without love. So I'd opt for trust.

38. Is it easier to love or be loved?
It's equally hard. To be loved you have to let someone into your life, open yourself up and become vulnerable. To love someone you need to go out of your way and show them, dedicating time and energy to the person. Both of them are hard, but for different reasons.

39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?
To love and lose. So that you could experience both love and grief and can learn from the experience, knowing what to look for or avoid next time. Moreover, noone will rob you of any fond memories.

40. Do aliens exist?
The universe is huge and there might be exoplanets in the habitable zone, but our planet is extremely lucky with regards to situation, protection and composition. It truly is one of a kind. By our current understanding life can originate from carbon or silicon, and for these chemicals the Earth provides optimum conditions. If we were to look for alien life, we'd have to either find the twin of Mother Earth (which supports silicon- and carbon chains), or try to consider other, extremely different living conditions that can breed other forms of life.
Rational type, LII. You believe in setting goals and accomplishing them, you emphasize never "going with the flow" and you consider that only being partially alive. All of your answers show an emphasis on being logical and "correct". You want to be conceptually clear and consistent. Te is not valued, but comes up in your attitude because it is just as strong as your dominant function. For you, Te goes without saying. You believe by focusing on logical accuracy, being productive and efficient will just naturally be the result of that state of mind.

You're in control of your life and proud of it. Rational type, again. And you believe in capitalizing on opportunities and being receptive to them in every situation (Ne). You believe in "purpose", you believe in "meaningfulness" - those are the domain of Ne. You create your life and your identity through Ne. Ne is your creative function.

You don't appreciate being forced to follow social standards. You follow your own logical standards. You also criticized this question here:

This response is multi-dimensional Ti logic, and is very clever. You used logic to try and sidestep answering the question at first, but then you realized you could do even better. In your follow up, you take the bull by the horns and you throw it down. You were able to refute it on multiple grounds, and in your second answer you focus on self-accountability, which is Ti.

I'm fairly convinced your TIM is LII (logical intuitive introtim). I hope you get some more feedback from other users.

·
Registered
what you make me
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, @Abraxas. Reading this was so satisfying. I researched a bit about LII and it seems to fit nicely (especially the Extroverted Ethics in the Super-Id block).

This response is multi-dimensional Ti logic, and is very clever. You used logic to try and sidestep answering the question at first, but then you realized you could do even better. In your follow up, you take the bull by the horns and you throw it down. You were able to refute it on multiple grounds, and in your second answer you focus on self-accountability, which is Ti.
And that right there is exactly what was going through my mind when answering question 18. Having myself analyzed this well makes me feel naked, lol.

I hope I'll recieve other answers as well, but so far this seems convincing enough.

Reactions: Abraxas

·
Registered
Enfp 5w6
458 Posts
This is a nightmare. This questionnaire was so interesting and I was giving a try too even though I know my sociotype. It got erased mid way😭 Is there easier way to do these questionnaires

·
Registered
what you make me
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a nightmare. This questionnaire was so interesting and I was giving a try too even though I know my sociotype. It got erased mid way😭 Is there easier way to do these questionnaires
Erased, as in the site refreshed and you lost your progress, or you decided to abandon it? 👀

·
Registered
what you make me
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didddd not abandon ittt I was midwayyyy throughh
As far as I've seen answers are saved in replies, idk about posts. That sucks though...

Reactions: Amenochu

·
Registered
what you make me
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there easier way to do these questionnaires
Oh, I forgot to say. I always write my long answers in notepad and keep saving it. When I'm done, I copy it to the reply box and do the formatting. This way you won't risk losing your progress.

·
Registered
ISFP
575 Posts
I will make sure this thread makes it!

·
Registered
ISFP
575 Posts
I promise.

·
Registered