1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
  • May perceive criticism where none was intended
  • May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
  • May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
  • May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
  • May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper
  • May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
  • May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
  • May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
  • May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view
  • May value their own opinions and feelings far above others
  • May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
  • May be oblivious to other people's need
  • May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP
  • May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
  • Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things
  • Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly
  • May have unreasonable expectations of others
  • May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations

https://www.personalitypage.com/html/INFP_per.html

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
  • May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
  • May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
  • May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
  • May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP
  • May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
  • Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things
  • May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations

That's my ex-wife.

I would add:

May be so overwhelmed with their own feelings that no one else's matter.
May neglect all practical necessities if they feel they are unfulfilled emotionally.
Anger may manifest as extreme passive-aggression.
May avoid admitting to any opinion or preference regarding an issue while secretly harboring one.

But you know, when they are sweet they are really, really sweet. :happy:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
yep. all of these, to some extent.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
    [*]Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things
    [*]Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly
    [*]May have unreasonable expectations of others

[*]May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations
8/19 so I guess it's not too bad XD. I kind of had more though.. but I didn't completely agree. I do sometimes feel like a victim but I more often blame myself for everything. I also have a bad temper at times but I'm rarely very angry.. I'm more sad than anything else.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
[*]May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism. got past this
[*]May perceive criticism where none was intended. got past this
[*]May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality. not a bad thing
[*]May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions. My INTJ type 8 friend has helped me learn to deal with this
[*]May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly. i had this problem, then had the problem of blaming myself. no i don't blame anyone or anything
[*]May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper. Communist ideals have taught me thatthe opressed must rise up-i apply this to my social life aswel
[*]May be unaware of appropriate social behavior. Slight problem for me, but i sota know where the lines are
[*]May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress. i'm aware of it, i just activily ignore it i like the look of being unkept
[*]May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it. oh i'm aware of it
[*]May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view. i see their view and i can see why they think that way-i just strongly disagree
[*]May value their own opinions and feelings far above others. Nope not as all. why should anyone care what i think
[*]May be unaware of how their behavior affects others. i'm mostly aware of this
[*]May be oblivious to other people's need. i hope not, i really hoep i don' hae this problem
[*]May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP. if it's from someone i respect then i do feel this
[*]May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them. yep, you've got one chancewith me
[*]Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things. everyone becomes a dumbass understress
[*]Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly. yes indeed i do this
[*]May have unreasonable expectations of others. nope all i want is respect and understanding
[*]May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations.no not at all, my whole life i've been lowering my expectation-who am i to refuse it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
  • May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality (Maybe)
  • May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions (I really think this is tied to my short temper and impatience)
  • May be unaware of appropriate social behavior (What?)
  • May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress Sometimes
  • May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view (I do but if I feel your wrong, then you're out of luck)
  • May value their own opinions and feelings far above others But I'm not an elitist at least.

In Bold: They really know the worst side of me, sadly that is what you mostly see if you don't know me well.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Following the trend of bolding those that apply to me...

• [*]May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
    [*]May perceive criticism where none was intended
    [*]May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
    [*]May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
    [*]May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
    [*]May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP
    [*]Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things
    [*]Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly
    [*]May have unreasonable expectations of others
I have difficulty with all of this to some extent.
The bolded ones are what I struggle with the most, and even then I'm aware they're problems that I try to keep under control.

The things about criticism, I remind myself that it's likely I'm being unrealistic.
While I may appear strange to others, its not exactly a mystery to me. I can sense when I've made things awkward and I'm pretty good at using my strangeness to my advantage by turning it into a joke and putting others at ease.
As for being stressed or overwhelmed about disagreement, well, I tend to hide my opinions and views for this reason.
I keep my expectations of people under control as well. If I realize I'm being unreasonable, I take some time to myself to put things into perspective.

Yupp, I know I didn't cover a few... that's because I haven't found solutions for them yet. Haha.

·
Registered
391 Posts
  • May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism Yes
  • May perceive criticism where none was intended Yes
  • May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality Yes
  • May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions I don't think so
  • May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly Sometimes
  • May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper No
  • May be unaware of appropriate social behavior Yes
  • May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress Yes
  • May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it Yes
  • May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view No - quite the opposite
  • May value their own opinions and feelings far above others Occasionally yes, but usually no
  • May be unaware of how their behavior affects others Probably
  • May be oblivious to other people's need Definite no
  • May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP Yes
  • May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them Yes - I thought I was the only INFP with this problem. Glad I'm not. I think...
  • Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things Yes
  • Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly Yes
  • May have unreasonable expectations of others Unfortunately, yes
  • May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations Yes. *sigh*

But this is just me...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yuck, I agree. It's been an annoyance to me since forever...

* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
* May perceive criticism where none was intended
* May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
* May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions. NOPE...to some extent...
* May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
* May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper. Never.
* May be unaware of appropriate social behavior XDD Yes
* May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
* May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it

* May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view.

I understand it, but I always find a way to counteract it by playing Devil's Advocate.

* May value their own opinions and feelings far above others

Oh man...I hope not...My opinions, yes...but feelings? Crap.

* May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
* May be oblivious to other people's need

* May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP
* May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
This is so true. :/

* Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things
* Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly

* May have unreasonable expectations of others

Never! I know how lucky I am already.

* May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations

...Maybe. >->;;;

·
Registered
342 Posts
* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism Yes
* May perceive criticism where none was intended Yes
* May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality Yes
* May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions Yes
* May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly Yes
* May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper No
* May be unaware of appropriate social behavior Sort of
* May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress Sort of
* May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it Yes
* May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view Can usually see POV, not always understand it though
* May value their own opinions and feelings far above others Sometimes
* May be unaware of how their behavior affects others Sometimes
* May be oblivious to other people's need Sometimes
* May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP Yes
* May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them No
* Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things Yes
* Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly Very Big Yes
* May have unreasonable expectations of others Maybe
* May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations Not usually

477 Posts

Sigh... describes me perfectly, just like everything else on this forum.

4,757 Posts

I've definitely had varying degrees of all the bolded bits. I'm not always like this but there definitely have been instances of the above.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I need to read the INFJ version of that. My mom is an INFJ and she seems to be able to fit most of those...
Especially the 'seeing criticism where there is none', and being closed to other ideas or perspectives if they cross one of her values.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

Those can be applied to myself.:tongue:

·
Registered
21 Posts
About half of all of these would apply to me at different times in my life. Especially "may develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them". I strongly dislike power-seekers who I'm forced to spend time with.

I'm often told I'm out of touch with reality but I don't believe that I am...

·
Registered
298 Posts
    Sadly yes, but I think I've improved compared to how I used to be
    Same as above
    Nah, I'm actually quite cynical
    Ummm.. Yeah... Working on that one..
    That was me as a teenager :/
    Typically teenage-me that one too.. I wonder why I wasn't popular... :p
    Ahem..
    I can get a bit tense yes, but not really overwhelmed
    I try not to! I swear!

Hmmmmmmm :unsure:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I know I can relate to a lot these when I'm at my worst... but... reading this list makes me feel like I want to go jump off a bridge. :crying:

I guess that would be due to:

* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Yup...I've experienced most of those at some point or another...always trying to work on things though and overcome...seems like a never ending battle sometimes!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts