Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Well, this is inspired by a similar thread @Paradigm created in the type 6 sub-forum. :)
Feel free to vent about all manner of things related and unrelated to your 3ness--the good, the bad and the super ugly.;) This is your mind dumping platform. Like lovely lil 3s, make good use of it! :laughing:

Based on observations from similar threads, I am setting a few basic ground rules:

a) This thread is not to be used as an indirect/passive aggressive "tell a member" thread. All conflicts/issues with individual members and/or the forum need to be directed to the appropriate channels.

b) It's a venting/discussion/confessions thread not a spamming thread, so please post with quality in mind. I encourage openness, honesty and unrestricted bitching, but let's keep it clean and mature.

So, let's get to it! ;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have 5 exams tomorrow, which determines my receiving a degree this summer or not. I've been out of the country without Internet access for the last week. On top of this, I have a disgusting head cold.

It's taken me 5 goddamn years for this stupid degree. I will be pissed if it doesn't go my way.
I'm very not pleased with this situation.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
My bewb hurtzzzzzzz. And I want some sweet tea, dammit. And when it rains, it fucking pours... it's almost comical. And I want to go to work tomorrow, but they won't let me come back to work 'til Thursday :dry: How dare they be so accomodating and supportive of my health. Dammit, I'm just tryina live.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Sony's lazy butts won't get the PS1 classics on the Vita store fast enough

I guarantee you when the games are finally available its going to be no different from PSP

If I download Spyro again and the game screen is the size of a butthole still I will cry

Half of the screen when I play it on PSP is black and unused

When you buy a PSP it should come with a monocle

everything should have been available when it was released because there's literally only like 50 games so far on the Vita store

I feel like they hurried the release of it for no reason

it could have been an amazing console when it was released but they fricked it up T_T

they're trying to make us excited saying "it will be here in the summer" BUT GURL IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE ANYWAY

and I know when they say summer they really mean September 21st because if it was coming soon they would have at least what month it would be

summer means it can be late September and they could postpone it by saying "we are working even harder to make the PS Vita enjoyable! just a little bit longer!"

so my prediction is I will finally have the PSone Classics on my Vita in the beginning of 2013 BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT EVEN RELEASING THEM ALL

THEY'RE RELEASING, LIKE, 7 AT A TIME

"We will gradually release them starting this summer"

so not only are they taking so long with this but they're taking this long for a FEW GAMES

if this is taking so long because they're modifying it for the Vita capabilities then I will delete this post but I know there will probably be no difference and they will hype it up like its revolutionary and improved

the point is that they could have made a more reasonable release date so they could have all this ready when it came out because there's really not much reason why they released it so early and if there is I don't care there is still no reason because I said there isn't :mad:

also, if you ask for a toy at McDonalds they act as though you've requested to see the queen of england. It really throws them off guard and they have trouble getting back on track. and then they laugh at you like you're crazy

AND THE WORKERS AT A&W GO OUTSIDE AND SMOKE WITH THEIR SPEAKER THINGS ON AND TELL YOU TO WAIT "JUST ONE MOMENT" WHILE YOU'RE IN LINE

And they shut the ice cream machine down at 9 o clock. what the heck

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'm afraid that I may have been a bit unethical lately.

There's a coworker which isn't as good as me in scienfitic writing/thought, and recently, he did a poor job in his work and I kind of used this situation to leverage my status with my boss in those areas.

Due to my coworker's poor performance, my boss wants to schedule a meeting tomorrow so we can arrange some plans to improve scientific skills. But I feel like I don't need such thing at all. I know it's wrong to think of oneself so highly, but I have been doing so lately. I think it's because since I found out I'm a 3, I'm okay with being a bit more competitive and being proud of yielding good results. I just feel like I'm being a bad person by displaying such cockiness.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I'm a hypochondriac and doctors annoy the crap out of me sometimes

If its not in the select few things they specialize in they are about as intelligent as a grapefruit

When I ask them about something I'm worried about having they just laugh and say "That's very rare"

THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THAT IT HAPPENS. NOW MAKE SURE I DON'T HAVE IT.

do not tell me that something is rare as though its impossible for it to happen. I have a lot of other rare things wrong with me so do not tell this snowman that it is not going to melt because the one thing that will melt will be your career.

so many doctors seriously do not give two craps about their patients and if their patients only laid two craps in their life those idiot doctors wouldn't even give them Miralax

I have so many weird heart symptoms but my doctors dismiss it because I had an echocardiogram. GURL AN ECHOCARDIOGRAM BARELY EVEN SHOWS ANYTHING BUT FRIGGIN COLORS

I could have ten pieces of wood stuck in my heart valve and it would probably just show some mild color changes

And then people get mad that I look stuff up on the internet. Sorry for being more concerned about my health than you are >:l

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
So considering a new tritype for myself. Enneagram is frustrating to me, because once I think I have it figured out, nope.

Also, I rather like this thread and the concept behind it.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Now that I've realized my type 3 everything I do and have taken so seriously feels so silly and embarrassing now that I understand where it comes from..

And the worst part about it is that I still take life so seriously despite knowing how silly it all is, I guess it's just that deeply ingrained.

It's sad that I had to discover my type through guided imagery -- it was only through being basically entranced to speak to my true inner self that I was able to realize who I truly am and understand a lot of my frustrations with life.

Hopefully things will start to change and I will learn to grow.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Now that I've realized my type 3 everything I do and have taken so seriously feels so silly and embarrassing now that I understand where it comes from..

And the worst part about it is that I still take life so seriously despite knowing how silly it all is, I guess it's just that deeply ingrained.

It's sad that I had to discover my type through guided imagery -- it was only through being basically entranced to speak to my true inner self that I was able to realize who I truly am and understand a lot of my frustrations with life.

Hopefully things will start to change and I will learn to grow.
I read a lot of things (about type 3) about not even understanding who you are because you become a chameleon to get yourself ahead. I relate to that more than anything else I've read because I'm so contradictory and I'm so confused by my thoughts and feelings.

Sometimes I feel like letting things out and explaining whats going on with me and I can't because I don't even understand what's going on. Everything is so confusing to me now because I've lost who I really am

That's why I love personality tests and such because when I read something that hits home I feel like I have more control and understanding of myself.

·
Banned
574 Posts
I read a lot of things (about type 3) about not even understanding who you are because you become a chameleon to get yourself ahead. I relate to that more than anything else I've read because I'm so contradictory and I'm so confused by my thoughts and feelings.

Sometimes I feel like letting things out and explaining whats going on with me and I can't because I don't even understand what's going on. Everything is so confusing to me now because I've lost who I really am

That's why I love personality tests and such because when I read something that hits home I feel like I have more control and understanding of myself.
Haha, that is so true, I love personality tests just for the same reason: I have been lying to myself and to others for such a long time that I need internet tests to remind me who I really am. It's kinda pathetic, lol.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts

I think part of the growth of a 3 is discovering who you actually are. Want to know what I've discovered? I'm inconsistent and damn near undefinable. That's who I am. I'm an inconsistent person that can play any part she needs to. It's a blessing and a curse. I am a highly adaptable individual. The tougher things are, the better I seem to do for the most part. I am the ever-changing chameleon despite the fact that I often wish I were more consistent in a few areas. I try to be consistent in the areas in which I lack consistency, but I end up feeling incomplete and unhappy once I become consistent in those areas. I can't seem to win in that aspect, and it frustrates the hell out of me. And as introspective as I am, you'd think I'd be good at it, but I'm not, lol. All of these images I've created get in the way, and I'm not sure which one I am sometimes. It can be horribly frustrating. I want to grow in every area possible, but find that I can't grow in every way I'd like to. Some things are just me. Holy fuck, I've rambled a lot. Carry on... lol.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I've discovered that I'm two-faced, manipulative and cunning. :p

The two-facedness isn't really "I'm evil and I like to be nice to people and then talk crap about them" but I like to give the impression of adapting to peoples opinions and feelings so they feel comfortable with me. Like if I had two friends in a fight, and they were both talking about each other I would probably nod my head and support them both, just going with the flow. Since they're my friends, and I carefully examine my friends before getting comfortable with them, they should understand that I'm not taking sides - just being transparent. I'm not here for that. I'm not emotional or security for anyone. I'm not here for "Realness" and being down-to-earth. I'm here for entertainment, fun, mutual respect and appreciation and loyalty to charge through life together.

If you want someone principled and emotional and tactful go find a type 1 or something. :p

The manipulative thing is something that comes so naturally that I don't even realize what I'm doing. For example, one time in 3rd grade, I was standing in line for something and I had my foot up on the wall. (idk it was comfortable) And the teacher gave me this awful look and told me to put it down like she was about to curse me. Even though I put my foot down, I did it casually to make it seem like I was innocent and oblivious to the fact that I was doing any wrong. Like I put my foot down on my own will, not because she had told me. I was embarrassed so I started "Playing dumb" while at the same time being obedient enough so that she wouldn't think of me badly.

Keep in mind that I had and still have an illness, that makes my body very fragile and even a slight push could pop something inside. :p So after the foot-on-the-wall-incident happened I told everybody that I had my foot up on the wall as a reflex, because someone ran past me and "I didn't want them to hurt me!" Which, for some reason this never occurred to me then, that it was a total lie.

So "Because my foot was on the wall as a reflex" I pretty much slandered the teacher's name for "Getting in my business" and "Acting like she was the boss" when she should have been "Focused on her own classmates." People already thought poorly of her so they didn't have trouble believing that she did something evil. I told everybody what she did, making me seem victimized so I could keep up my great reputation at the school. I was always the little charming and popular angel that everyone defended and I made sure it stayed that way.

That teacher shattered my ego just by enforcing simple professional discipline! She did nothing wrong! My feelings were hurt because I wanted to be perfect, so because she "Disrespected" me I spread gossip about her as revenge to her and to up the innocence-factor for me.

KEEP IN MIND I WAS 9 YEARS OLD. AND IT WAS SO SECOND NATURE AND EASY FOR ME.

So my 9-year-old self got revenge against her for hurting my feelings, made myself seem even greater, improved confidence in myself and for other people, with no deliberate thinking or time spent on the issue, whilst maintaining my straight A grades and wonderful social and home life.

The fact that I could do this at a young age shows me that I need to keep a watchful eye of what I do now. :p Its so second-nature that I have to pay special attention to what the heck I'm doing.

Crazy. :p

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol nice story ^ :laughing:

I wouldn't say that I am "cunning". I am fairly straight forward. Though, I do play image games. This can be manipulative, at times, intentionally manipulative.

But, cunning is the last word I'd use for myself. In fact, I tend to take words at face value at times. I can be a bit naive . But, once I realize I am being played, I can really get into it. I am an excellent strategist, and I stay 10x steps ahead of my opponent, all the while allowing them to underestimate me, so when I finally take control, they have no idea what hit them. I love shocking people and making them squirm.

I enjoy being honest about my intentions and the consequences of getting in my way, but when some sly as fuck, crafty bitch tries to play tricks on me. God damn! It's show time. I may not catch on to it as quickly as some other people do, but I more than make up for it with strategy, skill, subtlety and, if needed, 'brute force':laughing:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
lol I wish I had the balls to be ~real~ and confront people to their faces about crap. I hate arguing for some reason. I just complain about them later to someone that I know will agree with me and understand

I'm very honest but I feel like if you can't deal with my opinions then you'll have to deal with my fakeness. Choose one.

If I thought that there was a chance that the teacher somehow would have found out and confronted me I wouldn't have done it. I'm always trying to take advantage of a situation :p

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
One thing I came across while reading about ennegram, is the relationship between type 3's and type 8's. Although, both can have strong personalities, and challenging personalities, one would think the types would bud heads. However, this is rarely the case, so I've read, and experienced. Not sure why this is, but I always feel like we have this unspoken respect for one another. It's the one type that I'm not inclined to challenge. :cool:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
^the relationship between 3's and 8's fascinates me. I've always imagined how those two could take over the world together. :p I can definitely see why they wouldn't get along but I can also see how they could form a friendly rivalry and put their differences to good use. Like siblings - a lot in common, and even though they can get on each other's nerves easily, they have respect towards each other.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
3s and 8s do often share a mutual respect for each other's strengths. Both types are pretty big on respect and enjoy others with the same mentality in that aspect since it is rare to find these days. Even if I have a disagreement with an 8 in my life, we can usually just agree to disagree and move on to the next conversation with ease. We don't have cock battles about who is right... usually :p (thanks 1 fix for making those occasional exceptions, lol.) I enjoy the company of 8s... I really do. I don't have to worry about offending them or anything like that for the most part, and it's totally refreshing <3 Good Lord, is it ever refreshing ^^'

1 - 20 of 325 Posts