Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
God, I am such a glutton. I ate like a pig. The food was delicious. Now, my stomach hurts. I'll have to add an extra HIIT routine to my workout tomorrow :laughing:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
An old friend I just recently reconnected with in facebook tagged me in an old, old (like a decade old) picture where I was... well, I was comparatively uglier. I'm considering to remove tag. It shouldn't bother me. I'll try to forget.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
An old friend I just recently reconnected with in facebook tagged me in an old, old (like a decade old) picture where I was... well, I was comparatively uglier. I'm considering to remove tag. It shouldn't bother me. I'll try to forget.
Yeah, that has happened to me. I tried to get over it, but I couldn't. Eventually, I asked my friend to remove the tag. I looked way too creepy in that photo. My appearance has come a long way and all, but I have no interest in sharing that little blast from the past with everyone on my fb page. I could laugh about it in private. Public photo sharing of old terrible photos is not something I am always ok with.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rant: If I hear one more Feeler stereotype, I'm going to donate a sickly mess of my eaten spaghetti to the kitchen floor, use paint brushes to arrange the, ah, new decorative addition in a "T>F" shape, take a picture of it, and post it on the VM of the next typist who'll make a "Fs are ___Insert stereotype Here___". Why must Fs be reduced to subjective, illogical, touchy-feely, relationship-oriented, co-dependant weaklings who get butthurt at the smallest of things? It gets tiring. For I Nymma, a hardcore FiNeSi, do not relate one bit to it. I value my intelligence more than feelings, I care a great deal about competence(I never consider anyone's feelings in group projects so much I am focused on producing excellence and getting my way), I am ambitious, always pick justice over mercy or harmony, truth over tact. When a friend comes to me with a problem, my first instinct is to analyse the problem and offer solutions, not to empathize,although I definitly do both effortlessly and at some point. I do not care to waste my time looking for a "soulmate" for love has never been a priority to me(a so-called NF thing).

Why, I even prefer being alone and look forward to living a great life acheiving mastery in subjects of my choice in celibacy( a so-called NT thing). Everything I say can be backed by a chain of reasoning (INFPs are Dominant Rationals -Fi- after all), although my way of thinking tend to be, err, unconventional. I also do not get easily offended--ISTJ bestfriend calls my thoughts "batshit crazy" and calls me on what she considers "nonsense" all the time (followed by her cutesy trademark raising of eyebrow and "go get your common sense checked" look) and I just laugh it off and/or fakely tell her off on her being caught in the illusion of physical limitations. **Thinks fondly of said ISTJ** I have several bluntly honest friends who I have never fought with because I know that what appeared as condescension to others(including oversensitive/paranoid T friends) was just their way of expressing themselves (There's a big difference between taunting/truly condescending and being honest in unique ways, which prickly people never get...).

All my life I've felt nothing but disdain towards the impulsive, touchy-feely, girly-girly, "grossly led by feelings" type. I cannot stand people lacking objectivity, competence, level-headedness,etc. I'll be damned if I'm put in the same category as all those individuals just because of the "F" in my code/because my psyche is predominantly oriented towards Inner Ideals(Fi). It's especially annoying to see posters deciding on the T/F based on competency vs feelings when typing others. And everyone identifies as an INFP because they think INFP=existential issues/confidence issues or some other stereotypical crap. And actual INFPs who are driven, logical and skilled in strategies get typed as INJs because "zomg, INFPs are loowwwwwlllly little underacheivers clinging to pweople'ss hands for lurrrve. They cannot possibly have strategical intelligence, that is NT domain." **grabs for the bucket**

Rant: It would seem we have a new tailed friend at home. The creature has made its buisness to spread its delightful pieces of excrements around the house, including my bed. Is this supposed to be Merry Christmas in July from Santa Mouse? Well, Ho Ho Ho.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@corgiflatmate ... well, that's true.
@Boss I should be able to remove tag on my own, I think. Hmm. I'll sit on it a bit more.

Nymma said:
All my life I've felt nothing but disdain towards the impulsive, touchy-feely, girly-girly, "grossly led by feelings" type.
You're kidding. I'm very T and have been told in more than one occasion (mostly by men) that I'm not ..girly (well, or human) enough. I find that the world is much nicer to/ expects more of feely-girls. Also, internet F-detractors seem to be mostly people who has poor Fe (social) understanding/ savviness, instead of mature Thinkers, I believe.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
@Vanitas

afaik, back a year or two ago, it wasn't possible to remove the tag myself. I had to ask for it to be removed. It's possible that my lack of fb usage just made me somewhat ignorant lol.

Anyway, GUISE, OMFG, COCKROACHES!!!!

I had 3 HUGE cockroaches in my jacket. And this 'poised' 3 right here was jumping up and down in the middle of a fuckin wedding ceremony. I was so embarrassed. :unsure: Anyway, it felt like a bunch of thorny balls rolling across my skin. Ew. It was sickening. I hate insects. Hate em. I regained composure as soon as they were off my body, though. And, I put on my most confident, "*phew*, everything's under control guys" Smile on for the rest of the ceremony.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I just got back from a depressing visit at the doctors. Not only have I gained weight, but he still dosen't have any idea why my voice is fucked up. He switching up some of my meds and wants to see me in a month. BUT I DON'T WANT TO WAIT A FUCKING MONTH TO GET MY VOICE BACK!!! I miss my deep voice. :( I don't even want to go out and talk with people, or answer the phone at work. It's been pissing me the fuck off for a while now. I'm not looking forward to the wedding this weekend. At least I don't have to give a speech or anything though. FUCK.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just got back from a depressing visit at the doctors. Not only have I gained weight, but he still dosen't have any idea why my voice is fucked up. He switching up some of my meds and wants to see me in a month. BUT I DON'T WANT TO WAIT A FUCKING MONTH TO GET MY VOICE BACK!!! I miss my deep voice. :( I don't even want to go out and talk with people, or answer the phone at work. It's been pissing me the fuck off for a while now. I'm not looking forward to the wedding this weekend. At least I don't have to give a speech or anything though. FUCK.
Has your doctor considered thyroid problems? Weight gain and throat issues is quintessential messed-up thyroid.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Anyway, GUISE, OMFG, COCKROACHES!!!!

I had 3 HUGE cockroaches in my jacket. And this 'poised' 3 right here was jumping up and down in the middle of a fuckin wedding ceremony. I was so embarrassed. :unsure: Anyway, it felt like a bunch of thorny balls rolling across my skin. Ew. It was sickening. I hate insects. Hate em. I regained composure as soon as they were off my body, though. And, I put on my most confident, "*phew*, everything's under control guys" Smile on for the rest of the ceremony.
As a resident of Florida, I understand your pain. We have palmetto bugs.. everyone just calls them roaches. I hate them.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Lately my makeup obsession is getting worse, probably there's an internal trigger somewhere. But makeup is like.. 3-ness in sleek black pots. It's strictly 'what can be seen from outside'.

Reactions: Sina

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
@Nymma
I wanted to ask you about how your 1 fix manifests in your personality. Tell me in as much detail as you'd like. A few questions:
- Do you have strong values? What are these? To what extent do you work to live up to them?
- How strong is your "conscience"?
- What would be your response to an instance of child abuse (for instance, or severe animal abuse or whatever), taking place in your presence, assuming your actions could prevent it and it's safe for you to intervene? I am curious if your response is, in any way, influenced by your 1 fix.

Other 1 or 8 fixed threes are free to reply to these questions. Ah, I'll mention @Ace Face and @Wicked Queen who are 1 and 8 fixed, respectively. If you can, answer the questions above ladies. Thanks.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
@Boss, you tagged another person named Wicked, not me. LOL.

- Do you have strong values? What are these? To what extent do you work to live up to them?
As you already aware, I'm a Muslim women and I'm pretty much defining myself through Islamic values. I'm also a Javanese women and well-influenced by the culture, although living as a big city girl has modernized my perspective about my culture. But overall, I'm quite proud of my values. They become my identity, my guide, my root, my core being.

I strives for justice, but to be honest, I don't have much mercy for weak and lazy individuals who become other people's 'parasites' in order to stay alive.

- What would be your response to an instance of child abuse (for instance, or severe animal abuse or whatever), taking place in your presence, assuming your actions could prevent it and it's safe for you to intervene?
I saw a video where a mother beating her 3-4 months old baby, and I cried so hard when I watch that. I became limped when I read the news about Joseph Fritzl and how he trapped his daughter in their basement for 25 years, raped her every night, and has 6 children from her. Talking as a Te-dom, you really need a LOT to make me react that way. I didn't even cry when my family members passed away, or when my teacher harassed me sexually, or when my Dad beat me with his buckle or when he kicked me out of the house when I was 12.

I don't tolerate child abuse. I would have reacted aggressively and grab the child no matter what the consequence is. Save the child first, then 'punish' the torturer later once I'm sure that the child is safe. I'm talking about physical 'punishment' here.
That's the only way to ease my anger.

Reactions: Sina

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I have very strong values. Basically, all of my values boil down to respect. If someone is being disrespected in my presence, I take great issue with that. If someone is being disrespectful, there are a few ways I might react depending on the situation. I mistyped as an 8w7 because of these facts. What makes me a 1 fixer though, is that I work very hard to live up to my standards, my standards basically boiling down to "treat others the way you'd like to be treated." There is a right and appropriate way to approach every situation.

If I've handled something in a manner I believe is less than appropriate, I will own up to it rather quickly and correct myself. I'm a very accountable person.

- What would be your response to an instance of child abuse (for instance, or severe animal abuse or whatever), taking place in your presence, assuming your actions could prevent it and it's safe for you to intervene?
I don't tolerate it at all. In fact, just yesterday I confronted a man in my store who was hitting his child in front of God and the world. I knew that I could receive a complaint and perhaps even get fired for giving that man a piece of my mind, but it didn't matter to me. I have to stand up for what's right even if the consequence is great. I have a hard time keeping my cool in situations like that, but I did manage to keep it together. I talked to that man for about twenty minutes, and gave him some tips on how to parent. I was very... sly in my approach to the topic. I knew if he saw my anger, he wouldn't be as receptive. I was firm, but not angry. I approached it from the angle of, "Sir, I don't tolerate hitting of any form in my store, but I have some helpful hints I can share with you right quick. I've worked in childcare for many years." I literally was able to lay out my logic for why he shouldn't hit his child... all of it. There are many, many different reasons why people shouldn't hit their children in any manner. It affects the child negatively psychologically speaking, affects the child's relationship with the parent, isn't as effective as other methods, teaches the child that hitting is okay, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I did share with him more effective ways of parenting, and while many people would look at that situation and say I was overrstepping my boundaries, I honestly do not feel as if I was. If he can hit his child in public, I can voice my opinion in public. He was very kind and receptive, but only because I had a good and correct approach. I treated him with kindness, and I got treated with kindness in return... this time, lol.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok, I just got the chance to return to this thread lol.
@WickedQueen

I am aware that you've been raised in the Islamic faith:). To what extent do your religious and cultural values influence your definition of success?

And yes, I respect personal effort enough to not condone lack of personal responsibility/hard work. I don't have a favourable opinion of people who waste their potential and don't make the most of what they have. Could you talk address the justice point further? What does justice mean to you?

Finally, thanks for honestly sharing your response to child abuse. It's definitely a sensitive subject. I do a lot of work for child rights, and I have no tolerance for the abuse/neglect/exploitation of children and any instances where they fall victim to large scale violence. My heart always goes out to children of war in Africa, Gaza, Afghanistan and other places the world over.

I don't remember shedding a tear when my mother burnt me and beat me up, or when I packed my bags and left home at age 16 to make the most of my potential and achieve what I was meant to achieve without being held back by my own parent. But, I have, on a few instances, been deeply saddened by abuse against children. In an ideal world, I would punish exploiters and abusers of children myself. I cannot stand the abuse of innocence.

There is a common "online" stereotype that 3s are apathetic people when it comes to anything outside their personal lives. A lot of 3s are oriented to charitable endeavours and quite a few I know are passionate about things outside of their professional spheres. Many of these 3s have 1 fixes, and I have seen some 8 fixed ones as well.
@Ace Face

Thank you very much for explaining how your 1 fix influences you. I will have to reflect on some of your points about standards and appropriate responses to a situation (in keeping with these standards).

You took a very practical route and handled the situation very well. If I were working at the store, my response would've been similar. I would've been more heavy handed, but just enough so as to not cross a professional boundary. I appreciate that you took the time to educate that man, and it's good to know that he was receptive to your kind and well-intentioned intervention:).

Could you talk to about what constitutes your ideal of success? Do your family and/or cultural values influence this? If so, how?
Other threes are welcome to address stated questions.
@corgiflatmate
All the best!:)

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Could you talk to about what constitutes your ideal of success? Do your family and/or cultural values influence this? If so, how?
Other threes are welcome to address stated questions.
I guess I never really thought about it before. As far back as I can remember, I've always just had a curious nature... always craving knowledge and being hands-on in my learning processes. I'm a doer. I enjoy learning, doing, and conquering. I really don't have a good answer besides, "I'm not really sure what constitutes it. I've just always been this way. With each new task I take on, I want to one step up my 'ideal me' ladder." I suppose I've been motivated by different things at different times in my life. My motivations and inspirations fluctuate and are sometimes intertwined. These include money, knowledge, achieving status for achievement's sake, self-esteem, and other things. I guess I don't have a real "long-term" ideal. I kinda just figure out what I want as I go along and decide I'll get it.

My entire family is very driven and enjoys working hard for the most part. It's just simply not in any of us to slack off or do a bad job at... well... anything. In my life, I've seen very good examples of working hard and reaping the benefits. The benefits are nice, and they do make for more comfortable living. My mom went through a period in which she really struggled for money. I hated seeing her struggle, and I don't want my own children to have to witness me struggling. I want to live comfortably and be able to easily get my kids through college, and pay off cars, mortgages, etc. I want to do even better than those who came before me.

21 - 40 of 325 Posts