Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
There's this girl in another community I'm active in. It's a truly girly place, and she is/was being cyber 'bullied' by the popular ones. One of the pretty ones (and kindest looking) went as far as saying (paraphrased) "If people are mean to you, that means something is wrong with you. If you're a well-adjusted, normal person, people would leave you alone."

I keep thinking about that statement.

(I've never been bullied, BTW, so I'm maybe missing a large part of the counter-argument here)

Reactions: Sina

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
To what extent do your religious and cultural values influence your definition of success?
I think not necessarily influence the definition itself, but more to the process to reach the success. I won't do anything that against my values, even though it will surely make me move faster if I did. The values play as guidance for me in the succession process.

Could you talk address the justice point further? What does justice mean to you?
I believe that people deserve what they've earned. It's more like karma. If you live well, then you will bear the good fruit. Also that all humans have the basic rights that shouldn't be ignored by the government. When I can help to do something about it, I would feel like I'm maintaining the justice.

I do a lot of work for child rights, and I have no tolerance for the abuse/neglect/exploitation of children and any instances where they fall victim to large scale violence. My heart always goes out to children of war in Africa, Gaza, Afghanistan and other places the world over.
How did you first involved with the work for child rights? Was it a local foundation or international? What is your main role in it?

There is a common "online" stereotype that 3s are apathetic people when it comes to anything outside their personal lives. A lot of 3s are oriented to charitable endeavors and quite a few I know are passionate about things outside of their professional spheres. Many of these 3s have 1 fixes, and I have seen some 8 fixed ones as well.
Really? I didn't realize there's stereotypes about that. But many of my charitable efforts has something to do with children and their education and nurture. I was a voluntary teacher for 2 foundations for children education. I'm also planning to adopt babies in the future, but right now I'm not able to do that since I'm living alone and I'm not financially capable to adopt a child or hiring a babysitter. Maybe in the next few years, insha Allah.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
@WickedQueen
Thanks for answering:)

As for me, I have worked with (employment and some volunteering) quite a few local organizations and an international one. The history of my role with child rights will require me to rehash parts of my resume lol. I have headed the education and outreach department of child rights NGOs, in short. I have also briefly worked with local NGOs in Nepal and India (Kolkata to be precise) that work to free young girls from sexual slavery. I have conducted extensive research on the rehabilitation of children of war. I hope to put it to use when starting and running my own NGO a decade or so down the line.

Insha'allah, you will do all that it is you wish to do for the children. I also plan to adopt at least one child:).

Ah..how I got involved? Initially, it was because I grew up in a charitable household. My parents set aside a portion of their income for charity. My parents used to drive to impoverished areas, where I used to feed poor children, weekly. And, I always had a soft corner for children. Then, I witnessed a lot of destruction and saw many children die in bomb blasts etc. I saw children who developed mental illnesses from trauma, and horrid bitch that I may be, I couldn't hold myself back. A poor, hungry, war ravaged, orphaned child will always touch my heart. I like giving them resources like education and yes a healthy environment, access to medical treatment etc. I want to equip them with tools that will help them a make a place for themselves in the world. I want them to be happy. So, I work with child rights though one on one..I don't deal with kids too well. I am stand offish and boring lol.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@Boss
This (bullied) girl, compared to the 'acceptable' denizens there, is different. Not in a good way. Like less-educated way of talking, bright sloppy makeup, and general 'gross' attitude.

As a 3w2 this is the antithesis of what I'm trying to do; she doesn't 'play nice' with her environment, she failed/ doesn't care to blend in, and persecuted because of it. I'm both horrified and fascinated.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
@Vanitas

LOL. Ok. Well, I usually ignore people like that because how they behave has no bearing on how I conduct myself and my personal goals. If anything, I find their being a misfit amusing in a good way. I like them crass bitches;)

I do, however, see why she might be annoying to some.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@Boss *nod* I don't think I've ever directly interacted with her. I was aware of the bullying because I followed the twitter of some of the bullies. It's somewhat of a cautionary tale, I suppose.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I think I've been depressed/disappointed/sad (something of that sort, anyway) for the last 3 weeks or so. Just realized/admitted it yesterday.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
@Vanitas

I am sorry to hear that. I can imagine it must have been tough enough for you to even realize you were feeling this way. I hope you'll feel better soon. What do you usually do when you feel this way?

I have been going through some crap, and it was nice to vent to my lady friends these past few days. We got together and bitched about all manner of things, and it was nothing short of therapeutic. lol. I have been feeling really annoyed lately. I am acting critical and being rather terse with people. PMS sucks. I just want to see my partner asap. I just want to fall asleep in his arms (I feel uncomfortable saying such mushy crap but I am trying to be open here :laughing:).

I don't know why I hate pizza. I can't fuckin digest the damn thing. It's so nauseating. Every time I go out with friends, all of them want to eat a fuckin pizza. Why do people like pizzas so much? Fuck Pizzas! :angry: :mellow: :dry:

What else am I ticked off about? I keep procrastinating about my tattoo appointment. The tattoo parlour is a bit far off, and I don't feel like driving all the way when I am feeling like crap. I don't know about others, but I treat my tattooing like a fun outing. I am usually in a neutral/happy mood so this has never been a problem. These days, I am irritable and snappy. So, the tattoo will have to wait.

Hmm. Thank God for my A/C. I was getting a near heat stroke :laughing: at home in 45 C weather last month. God damn! I was being roasted alive for the entire week that I didn't have an A/C. I don't know how people here manage the heat..you know the street hawkers who walk for miles in the unbearable Indian summer heat. I honestly salute their spirit and hard work. Seeing someone make the most of their limited resources is very inspiring. It tells me that I need to get my ass in gear and not come up with silly excuses ever when it comes to work. I love seeing people take initiative, display resourcefulness and so on.

/End vent.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@Boss I have my schedules and to do list, I'll be doing that. Probably watch movies and hoard dark chocolate.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
@Vanitas

When I feel that way, I usually hyper- focus on work as a way of avoiding the depressing feelings. I also indulge in food, sex etc. Hoarding dark chocolate sounds like a good strategy.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I have a 3w2 friend who works 18 hour days for his boss. He's told me that he feels like he's "losing his identity" because he has no time to himself.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I hate working when it's slow. I also hate how my boss dosen't tell me important shit and then I look like an idiot infront of customers. I can't wait to work another conference, because when it's busy and fast paced and I have to multitask is when I most enjoy it! Although getting lots of reading done on the job aint so bad either.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Not knowing how good you are in something (or not) is paralyzing. I took up a new hobby the last few months, a community kind, and it's laid back and ---people probably won't ever openly say anything if someone sucks. No one is giving concrete feedback. This is making me paranoid.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Type 3 Confessions

My first confession:

The 5s have a "type 5 Confessions" thread which I enjoyed when I was mistyped at 5. But now that I am properly typed at 3, I find my enneatype's sub-forum lacking in deep, insightful conversation, gut-wrenching honesty, and probing questioning.

I want the 3 forum to be magnetic, fun, and insightful. I want to dispel the myths about 3s, and show the truth: that we are more than just perfect, polished exteriors, aiming to please, with nothing of substance inside. I want PerC n00bs to mis-type at 3 just for the sheer pleasure of posting on our sub-forum. Why, you may ask? Well, that's easy: because no matter what I do, I.WILL.WIN!

My fantasy is that if we are as honest and open as the 5s and mistyped 5s on their confession thread, we will also add humor and determination to the mix. We'll have the most interesting confession thread on PerC, and we will win, which is what we were born to do. =,)

Oh, and, of course, learning, venting, and sharing experiences would be a nice bonus, too. ;)

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I came to the realization earlier today that in most areas of my life, I will never be satisfied. To be satisfied is to stop searching, stop learning and growing and pushing myself. I never want that to happen. There is no stopping, no rest. Even the ones who succeed, who are the top dogs, they have to keep earning top dog status. When you make it to the peak of the mountain, you find another mountain to climb.

This kind of depressed me at first, but then it's just part of life. You eat untill you are full, but a few hours later, you are hungry again. You have a good nights rest, and in a few hours you're ready to lie down again. Eating and sleeping, don't depress me, why should this be any different? Fuck, I love eating and sleeping, and deep down, I know I love the challenge and the struggle that is life as well.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Confession:

If I am not absolutely excelling and breaking boundaries at my job or creative project, I have terrifying nightmares about monsters and aliens chasing me every night.

If I am living my dreams at work, and have clear goals, regardless of financial success, I am free of these nightmares, and I am apt to dream about sex and flying.

41 - 60 of 325 Posts