Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure what made this pop into my head. just another late night thought bouncing around, i suppose!

if you could strip yourself down to your very essence, your very core, what do you visualize being there? give your initial response- whatever pops into your mind without thinking about it too much.

i think that mine would be a small ball of energy: it would give off a sometimes hard and unforgiving, but sometimes hazy edged light, like the moon. it might buzz a little.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
A green swirling gas form, with something glittery and also dirt-like moving around with it, altering the color from light to dark and giving it different textures and shades. It's stable for a gas, though, as if it has a core of its own.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Very interesting topic! I love the idea of this! I don't believe I ever thought about it so much like this before!

My very essence is always changing, and will never stay the same. However, I will describe a general base of the mold it shapes from: It's always been, and always will be, the embodiment of rhythm in a sort of personified, floating gesture of a face with moving parts; much like this, but more ghostly:

For the sake of referring to myself in the third, since I apparently enjoy doing this; [Her] face adapts to my ideal of feminine beauty all of the time. I very much identify with the female essence; doe-eyes and pout lips; variations of my own, perhaps. So, having said that, my soul still takes on a human-ish form, even though it is still in the form of conceptual energy. This soul moves in and distorted movement of energy made to represent the FEELING of limbs rather than actual limbs themselves, as if the wind could be strong or visible enough to mimick a hand or neck and the gesture it makes.

My soul is rhythm rather than sight, so if i turn, I feel this turn, and I can feel the energy, and she's almost always dancing. It recreating body movements not found in nature, or ones that happen in movies- since those aren't terribly natural, either. When I think about my soul, music always plays in the background, and she adapts her shape and most importantly, her facial expression to it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
At first I thought, "Love."

Then, I as I scrolled down, I read more physical descriptions, and I thought, "A river of ideas, thoughts, feelings..." Then I went a little deeper, and I found a clear, cold stream at the river's rocky bottom--pure, full of life, giving to all who come its way. That's all I know. :)

Maybe I was seeing someone else or who I wish myself to be, but that's what I saw.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hmmm, I am writing this reply without reading the previous posts. It's a bit unlike me, but I want to answer in my own word with my own thoughts.

Now... my initial response was bones. I am a skeleton of bones.

I wish I could get more philosophical about that, but I can't. I guess I never thought about my essence before. As I think about it more, I think I must be a cluster of emotional energy, but that emotional energy is still protected by bones as if I would be nothing without them.

By the way... has anyone ever studied the human skeleton? The skeleton of any animal? Gosh, bones are beautiful, not that slightest bit morbid. I can understand how thoughts of dead, decomposing bodies might make bones seem so frightful, but that's not what bones are. Bones aren't death or rotting flesh. Bones are life; they give us life. They are matrices of marrow.

Clearly, I have this fascination with bones. o;

·
Registered
196 Posts
a grey circular disk like slab. its made of something that i cant describe,but it is not a piece of stone.it looks aged and there are markings on it. its rotating unstoppably about many axes,sometimes fast ,like now, when im experiencing something, and as it slows down new markings appear.some of these marks are deep,they are permanent,some are faint and vanish after a while.
weirdly,i imagine all of this in space,with stars in the background .

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am really enjoying reading all the different answers as well as seeing what other people define as their essence to begin with!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I see smoke-like spirals reverberating energy flowing from bottom to top, over and over.. it is within and leaks beyond my physical frame and then softly dissipates like the way steam rises from pavement when the sun comes out after a rainfall.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts