Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, yes. We know what Myers Briggs has to say about INTJ's. But how do people really see them?

You have to be 100% honest.
Both positive and negative commentary appreciated.

INTJ's are very logical. Do not get into an argument with an INTJ, they always win. Usually INTJ's don't often change they're mind about their beliefs, even if they are wrong. INTJ's like to take change. They are leaders, and know what they want done, when they want it done. They hate being asked the same question over and over again. Even if you are somebody completely different, asking a question a previous person has asked, they hate that. Do not piss them off. They will get back at you. They like to play pranks on people. Practical jokes are right up their alley. They also make great programmers.

What do you think about INTJ's? ™

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds mostly right. I don't do practical jokes. Is there such thing as impractical jokes? I must look into this. I don't have "beliefs." I just either know something or I don't. I rarely lose arguments in my mind, but I've never "won" one according to opponents. I just don't care enough to do the legwork to convince others, even when in my mind I know their argument is false. Besides, I can't think of a better insult than to let an enemy continue being wrong. Taking charge, yes. Don't ask me the same question even if you're a different person, hells yes. Getting back at you, yes, although I'd be much, much more vindictive if I weren't so lazy. Programmer? I could see it if I had motivation.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I can't be objective about INTJs. >< One of my best friends is one...and I'm a gushy romance novel reader :blushed: - the usual archetype of the romance novel hero is an (admittedly 2 dimensional) INTJ, radiating self-confidence, determination, and an unshakeable belief that he's always right...as well as a resolve to go after what he wants and get it. End of story.

Regardless of gender, confidence is attractive. They have a strong sense of self and know what they want. It can be a little annoying to try to argue with an INTJ, especially when they're in self-righteous mode...but I've reached an understanding about the nature of the inner egomaniac. :p INTJs hesitate to rely on anyone else, and have a great deal of trouble trusting anyone else...even just their opinions. They feel that they have to trust their own judgement and rely only on themselves. Therefore, being wrong isn't just a matter of shrugging it off to an INTJ; It shakes an NT to the very core of their identity - similar to telling an NF that they're dishonest, an ST that they're failures, or an SP that they're too reckless to make their own decisions.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
INTJ's are very logical. Do not get into an argument with an INTJ, they always win. Usually INTJ's don't often change they're mind about their beliefs, even if they are wrong. INTJ's like to take change. They are leaders, and know what they want done, when they want it done. They hate being asked the same question over and over again etc
Alysaria said:
Regardless of gender, confidence is attractive. They have a strong sense of self and know what they want. It can be a little annoying to try to argue with an INTJ, especially when they're in self-righteous mode...but I've reached an understanding about the nature of the inner egomaniac. :p INTJs hesitate to rely on anyone else etc
hommefatal said:
witty, reliable
Okay so what I basically keep reading is "We are awesome". But I already knew that so thanks. =P

Actually, that is pretty much what I think about us. We are awesome. Not the ones of us with their heads up their asses like on some forum (no names here xD) but in general we are awesome. I like our type. And so does the world. Hehe.
Am I being arrogant again? Ooops, sorry. Must be because I keep hearing how awesome we are from everybody. *grin* :tongue:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Okay so what I basically keep reading is "We are awesome". But I already knew that so thanks. =P

Actually, that is pretty much what I think about us. We are awesome. Not the ones of us with their heads up their asses like on some forum (no names here xD) but in general we are awesome. I like our type. And so does the world. Hehe.
Am I being arrogant again? Ooops, sorry. Must be because I keep hearing how awesome we are from everybody. *grin* :tongue:
Oh yea...I guess I did forget to mention that they hear everything as praise :crazy:

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Oh yea...I guess I did forget to mention that they hear everything as praise :crazy:
Meh, even if somebody would tell me I suck, I couldn't care less. I don't care what random people think. If it was a friend (somebody close) on the other hand, I would naturally check if s/he is being right about whatever s/he said. But as long as "the world" says I suck, I will just take it as a compliment, because that means I do a great job at keeping "weird" people away. :tongue:

I think the type you mean that takes EVERYTHING as praise are ENTPs. =P

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
I eat live squirrels. >_>
*slowly steps back* <_<

Oh that reminds me, since my roomie sits behind me. I can tell what he thinks about INTJs: He hates how we never pick up the phone or open the door. *grin*

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
If you answer the door, it could be his parents again. :/
Eww. Yeah. Actually most time the phone rings it IS his parents. Jesus Christ. So yeah. Since I do not know who is calling or ringing the bell...I'd rather just not go there. People who need to contact me have ways. Hehe. =P

Anyways.

·
Registered
257 Posts
They have a little ego (or big, or any at all. depends on the person), have trouble figuring out emotions, great thinkers, witty, funny, not very talkative (on the phone that is), and loving. I love the fact that if they are truly in love with you, they will do anything for you and will not care how you are.

Oh yea, and they are very sarcastic and love giving people hell.

I think I am being biased though because my boyfriend is an INTJ...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love the fact that if they are truly in love with you, they will do anything for you and will not care how you are.

Oh yea, and they are very sarcastic and love giving people hell.

I think I am being biased though because my boyfriend is an INTJ...
Maybe you're biased, but I appreciate you did notice that our type is able to truly fall in love.
Some people don't seem to make the difference between what's shown on the surface and what's really lying beyond that.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts