Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I am still not dead! Ha! Also after moving in with Fucktard-the ENTP, its been about a month, we still haven't killed each other. I think it is going alright.

The other day he spontaneously decided that we had outgrown our little apartment, in which we have been sharing a room, we also have roommates we are probably unnerving with our strange-relationship, and told me he'd like a house. (And then he said, quietly and under his breath "you know, so we could be more like a family and have a dog and stuff.") We obviously wouldn't be able to afford a house considering how North America hates young people (you know couldn't imagine being in the US right now with the loan rates literally doubling,) so we'd likely rent.

I didn't think Fucktard was capable of this kind of thing though. In my mind I thought [[wtf--what have I done to him?]] When we first met, he showed up on our first date pulling off-hooker boots, blaring music, a stolen car, and a shirt that was probably non existent. Of course I gladly got in, we were outside my dorms, and I said lets blow this shit hole! He was also very politically vocal about his absolute post-monogamy animalism|humanism which I thought was cute, but I don't actually believe that he believes that considering its been three years and he sucks at actually cheating or breaking up. Maybe I am a little bit biased there.

Its such a huge difference though, and I was wondering what other ENTP's have to say on whether or not commitment this far into a relationship is normal? And if I say no, he's not going to cry or anything is he? (Heh.)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beware, they may and will cry when attached and hurt. My exENTP did.
And your ENTP seems to have been tamed, congratulations (?) he is now destroyed and no good.
He sent me three texts since last time I took him out for a walk (on the phone, a phone-walk.) Most of them at 5am, saying I love you. I love you so much. I love you like dancing like nobodies watching.

Of course they are nice or whatever, they make me smile, but I'm still going to work on shit. I have goals. By 2pm I see a message sitting there... "YOUR SUPPOSED TO SAY IT BACK." ... heh. For one, I am a robot, Two, them's fight'en words.

But do I smash him, or is this ENTP--last straw fragile like Achilles's heel? I have no idea, I'm worried he's done the bad--the attaching. Does this mean I can't still beat him up in an argument and ignore him?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
He sent me three texts since last time I took him out for a walk (on the phone, a phone-walk.) Most of them at 5am, saying I love you. I love you so much. I love you like dancing like nobodies watching.

Of course they are nice or whatever, they make me smile, but I'm still going to work on shit. I have goals. By 2pm I see a message sitting there... "YOUR SUPPOSED TO SAY IT BACK." ... heh. For one, I am a robot, Two, them's fight'en words.

But do I smash him, or is this ENTP--last straw fragile like Achilles's heel? I have no idea, I'm worried he's done the bad--the attaching. Does this mean I can't still beat him up in an argument and ignore him?
Oooh... the repetitive I love you texts, you lucky thing. Do not ever /ever/ respond to those with "that's cute", it will not be seen as playful. I don't know, as an ENTP I'm generally intimidated by things like that rather than flattered. Something about my SO going out of their way to text me that they love me and getting all serious about it seems a bit... too much. There's something uncomfortable about knowing someone is attached to you if you're not to them in the same way, it feels as if your freedom is taken away by it and expectations to relate to are added on.
Anyways. best of luck with said enchanted ENTP. Feel free to argue. Do NOT ignore (will very likely turn to puppy dog and suffocate in his sadness).

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have also unlocked this level of ENTP. he is talking about baby names and getting a house. i really hope we don't have a boy because i will not agree to name him john shepard.

from my extensive research into ENTPs i was very surprised when this happened with no prompting from me (except for devotion and flattery). it's kind of amazing, it's like he decided on me and that was that.

i just hope my morally relative Fi doesn't cause his eagle scout Fe to distrust me over time. i now never suggest that we skip out on the bar tab.

anyway, good for you - i would think you could still ass whup him in an argument. they don't get butthurt over loosing an argument like INTJs :p

Reactions: Worth Lessemo

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man, I've been there.

First off, it is damn near impossible to lock me down in a long relationship. I think ENTPs secretly long for the "long haul" but find themselves either getting bored, enticed by new options or more importantly... consistently with the wrong person.

I fell in love with a young army Lieutenant once. (by once, I mean late 2011) Having been retired from the service myself, we had a lot to talk about. One day I asked her to marry me. We were together quite some time. I think she was an INFP. Anyway, her parents and politics got in the mix, not to mention a grueling and heavily "scheduled" 21 day "meet the family" tour. She deployed, we started arguing. She'd argue with feelings, I'd argue with data.
Needless to say, she left me via phone on new years from Afghanistan.

Man, when an ENTP gets bit with that commitment bug, I think it can be the best/worst thing ever. Tread carefully.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts