Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to share just a cool dream in general, go for it!

One night I dreamed of eating giant toasted strawberry fig newtons, they were golden, crispy and crunchy.
I woke up the next morning and decided to try it out.
They were delicious.

·
Registered
555 Posts
i dont remember...i rarely do. it kind of sucks.

oh and btw, its not because i was high. i wasnt. nor was i the day before yesterday. that is probably why i want to hang myself...the manic depression is so much easier with weed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i dont remember...i rarely do. it kind of sucks.
have you tried taking a supplement like vitamin b6? allegedly it aids in dream recall.

my dreams are somewhat of an acid trip, which is good because i don't have access to acid. a sampling from this week includes spiders pouring from a disembodied mouth and plucking up the spiders and arranging them on a page into a poem, wearing boots and pulling the tips of them off like petals, a vampire sepulcher carousel (um. yeah.), finding a beehive in a series of doors and then hanging it up in a doorway, and a sky that i could pull down like tarpaulin and which was made of pastel candy.

bizarre shit is said in my dreams too. the other night i dreamed someone said "it's all the fun of the bay of pigs... in a juice!". and a couple nights ago i dreamed i was at a particularly alienating party so i walked outside and there was an orca in a swimming pool. and i said "hi, orca" and the orca said "meep". and a second time i said "hi, orca" and the orca said "meep".

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I keep a journal of my dreams so I don't forget :)

Here's a few of the more interesting ones:

1. Ronald McDonald & Chef Boy R Dee chef at a gas station near a park near me. Chef was in a hole in ground that opened and closed. There was fire in the hole with him, every time he's pop up, he'd say "Mini Ravioli" (which was actually a Franco American dinner). Last time, he yelled "Help"

2. Won a contest on (local radio station) where I won breakfast with the their staff. Three people from the station showed up at my house and I had to make them breakfast! None of them talked much nor even introduced themselves.

3. Dreampt that I was in a land where the lego characters came to life. At first they shot at me, but then they became my friends.

4.Due to election technicalities, the 2008 presidential ballot offered a choice between Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford

5. Dreamt an ambulence was coming down the street, but then it stopped to pick up a cat

·
Registered
588 Posts
I keep a journal of my dreams so I don't forget :)
i tend to keep a digital dream journal too. also, this

1. Ronald McDonald & Chef Boy R Dee chef at a gas station near a park near me. Chef was in a hole in ground that opened and closed. There was fire in the hole with him, every time he's pop up, he'd say "Mini Ravioli" (which was actually a Franco American dinner). Last time, he yelled "Help"
and this

5. Dreamt an ambulence was coming down the street, but then it stopped to pick up a cat
is hilarious. #4 though is scary shit.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love these responses. :D

Psychonaut - I notice that when I smoke and dream, my are dreams expectantly more vivid and elaborate, but there is little likelihood of remembering them after I wake up. I just tend to remember them as I walk by my bed, or go lie down; sometimes at random instances during the day.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just tend to remember them as I walk by my bed, or go lie down; sometimes at random instances during the day.
yes! i find a similar thing happens to me. i'd forget half my dreams if they weren't "triggered" by random occurrences throughout my day. it's strange because sometimes i'll wake with no recollection whatsoever of my dreams and hours later, the most mundane thing, like a toothbrush or pencil, will bring back an image from a dream, which in turn brings back the context for that image and all other details of the dream in waves. it's truly bizarre.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes! i find a similar thing happens to me. i'd forget half my dreams if they weren't "triggered" by random occurrences throughout my day. it's strange because sometimes i'll wake with no recollection whatsoever of my dreams and hours later, the most mundane thing, like a toothbrush or pencil, will bring back an image from a dream, which in turn brings back the context for that image and all other details of the dream in waves. it's truly bizarre.
it's truly amazing, that's exactly how it works for me, too!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had extremely strange dreams about my family dying all the time. It was really scary and I partialy blame my mom because she mad me watch horror movies as a child (like Halloween and tons of others). She still does now. For instance, she made me see Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning when it came out and within 5 minutes, I was on the verge of puking and begged her to take me home. :frustrating:

Now I just have really weird dreams. Whenever I do remember them, they are these long, drawn out stories.

Sometimes they're really good, but I can never really tell..

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I also don't remember most of my dreams, or some little even during the day will trigger memories of part of the dreams. My dream journal only gets 4 or 5 entries per month. I usually forget the rest!

Here's a few more dreams from that journal:

1. Dream about a roller coaster in Japan that had large, red, neon sign on the side proclaiming how many people died on the ride (this was a feature!)

2. In another dream, was listening to an Elvis Costello song about waiting to use the bathroom (because it was occupied), called 'waiting for the toilet blues'.

3. Dream about a movie that contained clips from another movie about a man who lived with fishes and was given the magical ability to breathe with them. He was called on to make decisions as though he were the leader of the world. There was also a fireplace drawing, where some significance was given to the number & sequence of stones surrounding the opening. It didn't make sense to the person on TV either who was explaining all this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i bet i do get some dreams, but i just don't remember them quite well.

but i do remember this old dream i had maybe in middle school. everyone i knew was an alien in disguise and i was their experiment. apparently one of the "people" i knew told me the "truth" and that's where the story begins into this psychological and physical battle i had to face. i began to distrust much more than i do now to everyone and basically killed everyone one by one with my "temporary" alien ally to reach the unknown leader and manipulator of it all. i had all kinds of weapons(some reminded me of halo 3 weapons, others of kingdom hearts and ff and mw2) and crazy moves which was awesome. but it was actually kinda scary because everything was so vivid and realistic that i actually woke up sweating from it. haha, maybe i was kicking and punching while i was sleeping.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I dreamed I was a spy once. I was dressed all in black, with a long cape, and I was riding a motorcycle through Paris at night. I was being chased by the local police, and for some mad reason on the back of motorcycle a cat and a squirrel were fighting. I rode through a shop window, around the shop, twisting in and out between aisles, rode out the door and down into a river. In the next part of my dream, I was talking with my employer, a hefty pale bald man, in a dark room. We were sitting. In front of us was a shiny black table. Sitting beside us was a tall dark woman. She was pouring salt from a salt shaker onto the table, while my employer was telling me how crucial my mission to steal the salt shaker was, as it would enable this woman to see the future in shapes on the table. Soon after, I woke up.

Most of my dreams are long, drawn-out tales such as this one. I, too, have made a point to write quite a few out in a journal which I possess.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Sitting beside us was a tall dark woman. She was pouring salt from a salt shaker onto the table, while my employer was telling me how crucial my mission to steal the salt shaker was, as it would enable this woman to see the future in shapes on the table. Soon after, I woke up.
LOL! Steal it from the woman or for the woman?

I actually did remember my dream from last night. Kind of a run-of-the-mill alien invasion dream. I was the only person who knew an invasion was coming. I was sitting in a courtroom watching some guy testify, when suddenly everything went white. Nobody knew what was happening (except me). I blacked out, woke up in my living room. The room was trashed and I was panicking that the aliens knocked over my christmas tree! Then a woman came in and told me she trashed the place, and that made me feel better!

·
Registered
121 Posts
LOL! Steal it from the woman or for the woman?

I actually did remember my dream from last night. Kind of a run-of-the-mill alien invasion dream. I was the only person who knew an invasion was coming. I was sitting in a courtroom watching some guy testify, when suddenly everything went white. Nobody knew what was happening (except me). I blacked out, woke up in my living room. The room was trashed and I was panicking that the aliens knocked over my christmas tree! Then a woman came in and told me she trashed the place, and that made me feel better!
For the woman. Sorry, was that ambiguous? Shame on me.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I don't recall specifically, but I was awoken around 5:15AM by an overwhelming sense of dread. It was a disgusting, uneasy sensation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
bizarre shit is said in my dreams too. the other night i dreamed someone said "it's all the fun of the bay of pigs... in a juice!". and a couple nights ago i dreamed i was at a particularly alienating party so i walked outside and there was an orca in a swimming pool. and i said "hi, orca" and the orca said "meep". and a second time i said "hi, orca" and the orca said "meep".
:laughing: I lol'd.

Anyway, the other day I was dreaming I was having a driving lesson and had the most epic crash ever. I actually woke up sweating.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First ever sports dream: hardcore snowboarding, came in 1st place by a longshot after being 60th; it was intense, I could FEEL it. When I woke up, I felt as if my legs were sore.
I'm sure there was a lighthouse involved at some point, and I think I sneaked up into this guy's house and we started a conversation about boxes and my awkwardness. He ended up giving me a box with a gift at the end.

WTF.

·
Banned
62 Posts
I only remember the last past of the dream...But I was in a sort of field surrounded by high hedges and there were a few deciduous trees around. I saw a honey bee with what looked like a piece of bark attached to a very thin string or something attached to the bee. In my dream I said to someone "it's building a nest!" so we followed it and then for some reason I accidently swallowed it lol. In the dream I felt the pain and when the thought came across that the bee's death would signal the attention of the others, bees started coming out of the ground and swarming me and my friend. My friend sat still and didn't seem to get attacked, but I ran and they chased me. When I saw what he was doing I tried the same but it was too late, just as they begun to swarm my body and sting me, I woke up to my phone vibrating due to a call...Quite relieved that it took me out of that horrible moment, but maybe it was the vibrating that made me think bees were attacking me?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts