Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that even though I for the longest time felt I knew more than pretty much everyone in the world, I am probably not all that smart put next to an INTP.

I don't have much experiences with you types, but from what I do know, it is probably you that knows more than most when it comes to virtually everything. This is merely a speculation, but don't doubt it much.

Let's look at some fictional INTPs:

- Deckard Cain from the videogame Diablo II. (rediculously wise)
- And pretty much every other character that plays the role of the ancient counselor with a big white beard.

Haha, yes hilarious, but intriguing all the same. Do INTPs all want giant white beards when they grow old so people will listen to them? I wish I had INTPs surrounding me all day, just so that they could tell me what they know, and then I would steal their knowledge. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

But honestly I'm still new to temperament theory, so is my idea of an INTP even close to correct? Minus my stereotypical humor.

·
Registered
791 Posts
What is being wise, anyway?

I heard it's exactly when you stop pursuing that "wise" path that you do really become wise...

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I hope I don't get a beard. Einstein hair is ...acceptable however.
“Long hair minimizes the need for barbers; socks can be done without; one leather jacket solves the coat problem for many years; suspenders are superfluous.”

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I fear that I will die before anyone my age ever casually understands my concepts. When I do communicate with many people I feel like an unpaid teacher. There is nothing good about it IMO. Also, I think most people ignore the elderly; white beard or no beard.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
It seems to me that even though I for the longest time felt I knew more than pretty much everyone in the world...

That gets less and less true as you age. :mellow:

I wish I had INTPs surrounding me all day, just so that they could tell me what they know, and then I would steal their knowledge. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're gonna make INTPs your enemies if you plagiarize their work.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
INFP say:
I don't think I'm especially wise, but other people insist that I am the wisest person they know. :crazy:

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
It seems to me that even though I for the longest time felt I knew more than pretty much everyone in the world, I am probably not all that smart put next to an INTP.

I don't have much experiences with you types, but from what I do know, it is probably you that knows more than most when it comes to virtually everything. This is merely a speculation, but don't doubt it much.

Let's look at some fictional INTPs:

- Deckard Cain from the videogame Diablo II. (rediculously wise)
- And pretty much every other character that plays the role of the ancient counselor with a big white beard.

Haha, yes hilarious, but intriguing all the same. Do INTPs all want giant white beards when they grow old so people will listen to them? I wish I had INTPs surrounding me all day, just so that they could tell me what they know, and then I would steal their knowledge. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

But honestly I'm still new to temperament theory, so is my idea of an INTP even close to correct? Minus my stereotypical humor.
I would agree. Some INTP's value knowledge greatly; some just like learning here and there. Some learn if they can and don't care if they don't learn, so long as they can think about the world. I would say that INTJ and INFJ types are much more prone to amassing tons of knowledge, as learning is especially important to those types and they actually find it second nature to learn all through life.

At any rate, we do have this tendency to want white beards, wearing robes, and looking like Leonardo Da Vinci when we're old, I'd imagine. I personally have this vision for myself. I want to have a pipe in my mouth, a large giant white beard, like Gandalf, and very either simple clothing or a pretty elegant robe (like Dumbledore's or Elrond's), so that I'm just an old man with an entire library of thoughts, ideas, and knowledge.

I can has this robe please???

Here's a few pictures of what I feel like inside:

Just imagine Einstein with a giant white beard and you got it. And I usually relate to the wizards in stories, obviously. Although, I wouldn't necessarily say that we are 'wise.' We can be very wise and knowledgeable people, but I would say that we are better described as pensive and thoughtful. We love to ruminate about everything, even ideas that aren't at all practical, as speculation is entire fun for us. Therefore, we usually amass an opinion about everything, needing to have the world understood. That understanding can be great and so we are usually well-understood by old age, full of thought and theory. If this amounts to wisdom in some way, then I suppose we are wise.

Also, please note that Richard Harris was an awesome INTP actor.

·
Registered
255 Posts
INTP's are basically like Merlin right, detached, semi-mystical at times and apparently very wise (although if you look at some versions of the legend his one downfall was falling in love and then getting trapped by a boulder, damn Fe).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts