Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know what you lovely people are watching these days!! Give me a genre or any specific shows that you love(and I mean to the point of obsession :p...) :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go first... primarily to give my post some company

1. BBC television!! Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Merlin are among my favorites :)
2. Korean Dramas. I know, I know odd right?
3. Anime. Naruto, Bleach, and Fullmetal Alchemist :)
4. The very sparse American shows. Glee and New Girl.

And feel free to stray away from my formatting... I didn't realize that I was doing that until now :)

·
Banned
358 Posts
Monster
One Outs
The Wire
Lost
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Futurama
Death Note
Community
The Sopranos
Twin Peaks
Oz
Freaks and Geeks

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Modern Family, Office, Arrested Development are the only TV shows I watch, and only then on box set whenever someone picks them up... I just don't have the time to pursue a TV show when it's airing, and I hate schedules cause I'd end up feeling tied to the TV.

I also watch Sex and the City cause I watch it in Spanish dub, and I watch the new seasons of true blood with my mom when they come out on box set.

I want to start watching Mad Men since I read a review about the show in the newspaper.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Criminal Minds, Generator Rex, Thundercats (the new version), Psych, The Looney Tunes Show, Saturday Night Live, Looney Tunes, and Tom & Jerry (original versions)

Reactions: yello

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I love Mad Men. I should check if the season has finished so I can 'pick them up' somewhere and marathon it, but now I have other things to watch :3 Otherwise, I mostly like detective/sci-fi series.

Fringe (their pilot was a turn off but after 4 or 5 episodes it's just awesomesauce)
NCIS & NCIS: LA
Criminal Minds
The Mentalist
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (animated)
Star Trek
Star Gate (I suppose against popular opinion, I really loved Stargate Universe)
Angel Investigations (watched all seasons 3 times, if not 4 times... xD )
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
Game of Thrones (undecided if I should wait for this season to end as well, have read all books except the last one)
Mad Men

There's also a bunch of Japanese anime that I like, but that would make this list... very long. I'd like to mention Death Note though, for it is the one series I know that anyone can like without liking anime.

Reactions: yello

·
Registered
161 Posts
No Community fans here?

I would imagine that the off-beat nature of the show would appeal to many of us here. It's smart in a way that is on-par with arrested development (though an entirely different form of humor) and approaches plot in a way I would describe as 'post-modern' (though the show is not nearly that pretentious). I would seriously recommend it to almost anybody, and if you're interested try watching the newest episode "Pillows and Blankets", it acts as a good introduction to the tone and characters of the series (which is goddamn brilliant if you forgive my french) to anybody new.

Seriously go watch it any way possible.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I don't think there are any currently running shows that I would say I love. But I do watch

Star Wars The Clone Wars
Spartacus
Game of Thrones

Reactions: Ayia

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
RuPaul's Drag Race

I cannot wait for them to add more than two seasons to Netflix Instant. Can I get an Amen in here? :)

Pandora Boxx is my personal fave. Also, Raja, Yara Sofia, Jessica Wild, Raven are other faves of mine. Heck, they're all awesome.

I love seeing the queens transform themselves. I think it is stunning and absolutely beautiful. It captivates me. That whole drag queen culture is so interesting to me. I don't know any queens personally and I've never been to a real drag show, but I love drag queens. I think it's the freedom of self-expression at its finest.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Big C
Mad Men
Real Housewives (Atlanta, NYC, Beverly Hills, NJ)
Celebrity Apprentice
Frontline

I dont have much time for TV nowadays :/

·
Registered
327 Posts
Family Guy.
The Simpsons.
The Office.
South Park.
The Daily Show with John Stewart.
I usually only watch these online though, I can't stand commercials.:bored:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've heard a little bit about Game of Thrones... Should I read the books first? Or should I jump right in to the show? I'm all for reading the books first but that usually sets me up for disappointment later on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I watch WAY too much tv. It's probably not healthy, but anywho, these are my favourites:

Downton Abbey-Amazing character development, script and score. (I watched an entire season in one day, that's how intense it was)
Avatar the Last Airbender-all time favourite animated show. Eagerly awaiting The Legend of Korra
Any BBC mini series really
Merlin
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Primeval

Being Human (UK version only)
Dead Like Me
Flight of the Conchords
Pushing Daises
The Simpsons
Supernatural
Who Do You Think You Are?

Once Upon a Time
And the History Channel-I love Museum Secrets

And some childhood favourites: The Worst Witch, Mona the Vampire, Dexter's Laboratory, MoVille Mysteries, Monster Ranchers...I still watch 90's cartoons from time to time. :)

Also, I've been meaning to get into Game of Thrones.

Reactions: refugee

·
Banned
144 Posts
Sherlock
Lie To Me
The Mentalist
Burn Notice
NCIS

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
The importance of television in my life has dropped to very low levels as most of my home life is happening online these days. Channels that mainly catch my interest are discovery and national geographic as well as the odd movie (usually fantasy or SF)

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Currently:
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad

Zen moment:

·
Premium Member
15,453 Posts
Currently loving Frozen Earth/Planet on Discovery channel. Just finished most recent season of An Idiot Abroad.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I've heard a little bit about Game of Thrones... Should I read the books first? Or should I jump right in to the show? I'm all for reading the books first but that usually sets me up for disappointment later on.
Hm, that's difficult to say. I watched the first season, which got me into reading. It was pretty addictive, I really wonder how they gonna pull off filming the other books. I think if I'll keep in mind that there's no way my enjoyment of watching is going to be the same as reading, I'll probably be able to enjoy watching the other seasons. I suppose it's about managing your expectations. ^^

Reactions: AnAngelFalls

·
Registered
140 Posts
These two series are the only shows that I have finished watching:

- Criminal Minds
- The Walking Dead

These are the ones that I sometimes watch:

- Community
- NCIS

I'm not a fan of other TV shows that the majority likes. I often watch documentaries though. They're the best. ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have time to watch two a week. So right now my wife and I are watching Game of Thrones. I watch South Park. And if we have time, we'll watch Touch which will most likely be canceled. When South Park takes a summer break, I'll start watching So You Think You Can Dance.

Reactions: PerturbedPrufrock
1 - 20 of 39 Posts