Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Her Royal ESFPness
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share ur worst dreams.
One of my worst was a week ago, got completely humiliated by my own friends, almost drowned, bugs crawling all over me, woke up could hardly breathe. Really strange

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was almost kidnapped in one dream. there was this dude who wouldn't let me go past him. It was a very short moment but it's still scary

·
Registered
764 Posts
I use to have reoccurring dreams I was being captured by Jigsaw and put into one of those torture scenarios. I was afraid to go to sleep.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
I'm in a remote land far from home getting ready to leave. Wife is there ready to catch the plane. I forgot something saying wife should wait for me. I hurry off to get it. Arriving some girl talks to me delaying me but I say nothing of being in a hurry. When I return wife and others have left and the bus to the plane is leaving. I'm absolutely terrified and run after the bus hoping to get to the plane seeing I won't make it. I wake up realizing all are gone and I'm lost. I'm in shock.

This dream was from August 19. (I record many of my dreams.)

·
Registered
23,792 Posts
When I'm having one of those dreams where I get goosebumps from a scary ambiance and wake up suddenly in bed, and I get up, start walking around, only to find I'm still in the dream, and then I awake again from the same position, get up and walk around again, only to find I'm still dreaming... Even worse if it's combined with sleep paralysis in between the waking moments.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I sometimes have dreams about stuff like brutal torture and being burned alive. What makes is worse is I can feel pain in my dreams. The pain in my dreams probably isn't as intense as it would be if I went through it in real life, but my brain sure is good at simulating it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The worst dreams I have are all the same. Anxiety building upon itself because I can't retain anything in my memory for longer than a few seconds before I forget. so every few seconds I think "I need to tell someone what's happening to me and get help" and then immediately forget, repeat. Brain fog to the maximum. These sorts of nightmares are why I find zero enjoyment in mind-altering substances (I don't even like being a little tipsy).

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I was younger, I had a dream that both of my brothers were being "tortured" in our apartment. My younger brother was in the living room (which is where I was) and he was being lowered into a pit of fire, whereas my older brother was in the bathroom, and he had a basket of bees strapped onto his head. I saved my younger brother, but by the time I got to the bathroom, my older brother was already dead. But I was just a kid at the time, so I thought my dream was insinuating that I cared about my younger brother more than I cared about my older brother, so, from that point forward, I tried to be nice as possible to my older brother.

It wasn't until I got much older, that I realized I saved my younger brother first because he was physically closer to me, and since he was younger, I probably assumed he was more "helpless" than my older brother.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I have two competing with each other. One, in which my father is holding me as a baby and drops me over the edge of a air-hover-crafting bs ship in the sky

VS

my co-workers visiting me as a patient, remembering I used to work with them but had a psychotic breakdown since. Rgarding me with pity and typical rehabilitation plans, the ones I force on my patients.

·
⛧ 666 ⛤
792 Posts
*Bunch of stuff happens* As I exit a building I have just investigated, I find a young girl lying in a puddle of blood. Her eyes were carved out, and all of her feet and hands were missing. I can tell by the look of the wounds, they were not just simply cut off, but shredded in a slow and painful process. She practically doesn't move, but I somehow sense that she is still alive. I look at her but can not help or do anything, although I desperately want to.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Worse is very subjective, especially if you go based on how you die vs actual pain from the death, and what you're dreaming of. My dreams are extremely creative when it comes to psychological horror, body horror, and physical pain. Like once, I fell into magma. You could feel the heat in the dream as if you stuck your hand in boiling hot water, and it was scorching. But dreams have a threshold of pain it cannot cross normally (aka intolerable) So it is quite interesting to perceive just how much pain you can tolerate in a dream. Of course falling into the lava woke me, because it had reached that threshold.

I also frequently dream of drowning, but to add that little extra flair of psychological horror. I once dreamed that I sank to the bottom of this murky sea, and I could not swim up for the life of me. To make it worse, the seaweed and mud started tangling around me, and I ended up sinking into the mud too and eventually succumbing in the ground. This one was actually not that scary tbh.

I also get bit my poisonous snakes all the time, and it makes it hard to communicate to others, find help, or get anyone to realize what is wrong as my heart starts failing and I die. It is similar to the dreams that I hate, where I get lost or need to be somewhere and I can't find it. Like being late for school etc.

There was also one where I was a demon, and got too much power at once (it was a long elaborate dream that spanned years), I went insane and killed all of my own men in a berserk rampage while transforming into a monster. Psychologically, this one was very disturbing because when I woke up I could still feel all that rage and emotions. I hate a lot of body horror like this. Including but not limited to parasites, mechanical cyborg-ism, cordyceps and aliens.

·
Registered
ᚾᛁᚦᛁᚴᛦ
397 Posts
There are different categories that tend to be equally bad.

Category A: Extreme body horror, mutilation, gore, being tortured and killed, having my family and pets killed, stepping on needles, nails, and metal spikes everywhere I put my feet down, pulling them out in slow motion, dying before I wake up or dying and coming back to life, having it start all over again.

Category B: Dreams that are actually memories I tried to banish to my subconscious to avoid thinking about.

Category C: Dreams that are based off memories but worse, more extensive, convoluted. They feel as real.

Category D: Dreams that aren't technically graphic enough to be considered nightmares but contain disturbing elements and a general aura of malaise and wrongness. Usually these are highly symbolic and repititive. Being in a small one-room house, pitch black, as an urn drips ashes onto my head from the ceiling. A forest with a dilapidated building buried underground. Only the chimney is sticking out. I'm aware the place is haunted before realizing I'm the ghost. A scarecrow-like Slender Man creature chasing me as I transport through multiple universes via a giant natural basin of swirling water that's actually energy, tucked into a cliff-side. Etc.

The worst dreams are probably a combination of all four categories.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,468 Posts
I don't think I ever really have any dreams that shake me up. When I wake up from an unpleasant dream it just feels to me like I watched a great horror film or something.

The only answer I can really give as far as I remember is when I was a kid I used to have a lot of nightmares involving a black cat who would attack me at the end of the dream as I wake up, it made me scared of going into dark places on my own as a kid in case it came and got me, so having an actual impact on my daily life probably makes it the worst. In the last dream I ever had about it though I beat it up, it never appeared in my dreams again after that. HAH.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts