Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questionnare No 1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I don't really know, to be honest. I would have to say that I don't know myself as a person really well and I have an inferiority complex. I have poor self confidence due to it. I also believe that I could use any cognitive function, so it is hard for me to decide which one I use the most
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I desire success, fame,money, happiness and most importantly I want everyone to like me. I also want to make a big positive change in the world. I've always been called weird,dumb,geeky,nerdy blah blah ever since I was young. My parents also don't think I live up to their standards. The entire society has seen me as weird and the 5th wheel.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt finest about 2 years ago when I was learning programming, aged 12. I was learning at this company that earns by teaching others how to program.Most of the students there were about 5-6 years older and in engineering colleges. I had begged my parents to let me go there because I just liked computers and I wanted to learn programming and practice so that I would be good at it by the time I graduated.
Due to my age, the teacher didn't think I was going to be able to solve any of the exercises. I did solve all of them. The teacher had to give me newer and harder ones. I solved every single one of them faster than the engineering students. I felt the finest that day, because I finally felt like I could achieve something. I was explaining the logic to older students. AAAAH that felt so good. It meant that I was smart and not the dumb jerk I always thought I was.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not being able to focus on one thing. I want to be better than everybody and I know it isn't possible, but I just feel targeted personally when other people show off. I don't show off, but nor do I feel happy. I shift interests every year or so.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Pros and cons and people.
For example, if I want something, I look at how much it costs? I don't want to burden my parents with spending a lot on me. I can remember myself in emotional outbursts because I wanted something, yet didn't want my parents to spend money on it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I haven't done any corporate projects yet, so I'll talk about school ones. When I do a project, I like to gain a decent amount of information on the subject and then fill it up and submit. More so if the subject is of my interest. I had to do a report on a bird, but I ended up submitting 3. The teacher didn't give me an extra grade, but I learnt and did it for the fun of it. I don't understand what having control of the outcome is, could anyone elaborate or explain?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Ummm... I have a bad memory. I think I came alone home from a party early and was finding out information on hydrocarbons, but ended up reading articles on organic chemistry.(Please note that I clicked on any random link I saw)
It was just so fun to gain a lot of information I had never set out for.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Let me explain the Indian Education System.
Write 3/4ths of a page for 5 marks
2 for 10
and each answer is very long.
This education system is based on memorization and being rhuminating animals(cows I guess I can't think of anything else) that spit on the exam paper.What I mean to say is that the teachers want us to memorize everything and reread it at least 5 times.
I can't memorize well so what I do is take the big picture in account and ask myself questions to get the answers. Most of the things I do are done using logical methods.(Making arithmetic progressions to remember long numbers like coordinates.)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not at all. I have the messiest desk in the world. I procrastinate like crazy, never submit anything on time. I am pretty messy and not organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense. I'll be able to elaborate better if I had an example.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Making sure everybody is doing fine. I don't think following what I believe would make me happy because .... well I don't know, I just tend to feel bad. I'm okay with being myself as long as it doesn't cause any harm to anybody.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
One to one and thinks before speaking.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm leaping. No, words are good enough. But actions as evidence are always a reassuring factor.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Nah, I'd watch TV. I don't like night outs nor do I really have any friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get weird emotions that I can't explain or understand. I cry a lot, break things, complain excessively about something. I go haywire and become very selfish, caring about myself only.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I guess I don't like superficiality and boasting.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yeah, how they perceive me and what I could improve on.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Appearances, traditions, trends, socialization.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends perceive me as funny and smart and geeky.
They are right. I'm just being very funny outside to make them laugh.
They would never say that I'm one to take things very personally.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would practice the piano a lot, write my book, play chess and do something new that I haven't done before, maybe open my microscope and look at algae and potatoes.

More questionnares are coming. Fire your guns loaded with neuron bullets at me.!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here are my notes from your post.

Ti IIIII
Te
Ne III
Ni
Se
Si II
Fe III
Fi I

You're most likely:

Ti Ne Si Fe(INTP)

or

Ne Ti Fe Si(ENTP)

·
Banned
1,837 Posts
Really, what made you say so? Could you analyze it the way emberfly does?
I kind of forget how exactly they did it, but if it's okay I'll explain using the cognitive functions? In case anything's unclear, I'd be happy to explain further.

First thing I noticed was Fe, but I'm still on the fence about it. Fe is what makes it important to you to be liked which is what you stated early on and also not wanting to be yourself if it means making others uncomfortable. Then again, as an INTP your Fe would manifest itself differently than if it was higher in your stack. So on we go with the stronger functions I picked up on.

You seem to use lots of Ti and Ne. It's possible (mind you, this is just a theory I came up with for myself) that memorisation may not be the best method of learning for (high) Ti users because this function is essentially 'Why?'
It always asks for the reason behind something, creating its own logic based on personal understanding instead of solid facts. Memorising is largely about accepting things the way they are stated, something you don't seem to do according to your explanation on how you deal with memorisation. You use your own 'brand' and system of logic. Your answer to question 10 shows this pretty well.

(In opposition to Te - if you tell them a fact and show them evidence for it, they will accept it. A Ti-user will try and understand the reasoning behind it before they can fully accept it. Also, about taking control, especially high Te-users are stereotyped as always wanting to control their environment using 'external' logic - such as always doing something specific at an exact time, Si-Te/Te-Si, or keeping their environment as clutter-free as possible. My mother, a Te-aux, is like this. They tend to like to take control in team situations in order to organise/sort everyone into their individual roles)

And then you have lots and lots of Ne. I'm a bit unsure whether you're an extrovert or not by how much I see it, but do you know for sure? Anyway, so there's Ne in how you say you can't focus on one thing at a time and how you frequently change interests, also in how you like to just hop from one topic to the other (see question 7 for this. Ni would stay on topic and strive toward completion while you say you enjoyed learning about a variety of different things, in other words, the process was important, not so much the outcome).

To be honest, I don't see a lot of Si but that could be because I am unsure how to recognise it. The only thing hinting at it is how you like to know where you'll land before you leap and how words are just as good as actions (this could be in introvert thing though). But since I'm fairly certain that I can see Ti and Ne in you, Si and Fe must be in your main function stack as well. That is, if I got everything right. I'm sure others will give you their opinions too.

I hope that wasn't too all over the place and clear. If not, feel free to ask :)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to take your age into account which would explain why Si and Fe aren't as easy to see as your dominant and auxiliary functions. Because you are so young, they can still be underdeveloped.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Questionnare No 1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I don't really know, to be honest. I would have to say that I don't know myself as a person really well and I have an inferiority complex. I have poor self confidence due to it. I also believe that I could use any cognitive function, so it is hard for me to decide which one I use the most
Probably not an Fi-user, or at least not dom or aux (not knowing yourself as a person). Ne (uncertainty)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I desire success, fame,money, happiness and most importantly I want everyone to like me. I also want to make a big positive change in the world. I've always been called weird,dumb,geeky,nerdy blah blah ever since I was young. My parents also don't think I live up to their standards. The entire society has seen me as weird and the 5th wheel.
Desire for fame might indicate extrovert, but it is more likely connected with enneagram. Fe, but not dom or aux (focus on being liked). Ne (big picture, futuristic)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt finest about 2 years ago when I was learning programming, aged 12. I was learning at this company that earns by teaching others how to program.Most of the students there were about 5-6 years older and in engineering colleges. I had begged my parents to let me go there because I just liked computers and I wanted to learn programming and practice so that I would be good at it by the time I graduated.
Due to my age, the teacher didn't think I was going to be able to solve any of the exercises. I did solve all of them. The teacher had to give me newer and harder ones. I solved every single one of them faster than the engineering students. I felt the finest that day, because I finally felt like I could achieve something. I was explaining the logic to older students. AAAAH that felt so good. It meant that I was smart and not the dumb jerk I always thought I was.
Ti-Fe. (logic, pleasure in recognition)

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not being able to focus on one thing. I want to be better than everybody and I know it isn't possible, but I just feel targeted personally when other people show off. I don't show off, but nor do I feel happy. I shift interests every year or so.
Ne, or at least not Ni.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Pros and cons and people.
For example, if I want something, I look at how much it costs? I don't want to burden my parents with spending a lot on me. I can remember myself in emotional outbursts because I wanted something, yet didn't want my parents to spend money on it.
Probably inferior Fe (mostly making decisions with reason and a cool head, but with emotions you don't quite know how to manage)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I haven't done any corporate projects yet, so I'll talk about school ones. When I do a project, I like to gain a decent amount of information on the subject and then fill it up and submit. More so if the subject is of my interest. I had to do a report on a bird, but I ended up submitting 3. The teacher didn't give me an extra grade, but I learnt and did it for the fun of it. I don't understand what having control of the outcome is, could anyone elaborate or explain?
Ti most likely, but Fi possible. Ne-Si. (information gathering, Following a subject of your interest. Learning for Learning's sake. Not focused on doing things in the quickest way, directing others, organizing, or control).

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Ummm... I have a bad memory. I think I came alone home from a party early and was finding out information on hydrocarbons, but ended up reading articles on organic chemistry.(Please note that I clicked on any random link I saw)
It was just so fun to gain a lot of information I had never set out for.
Ne (following what interested you even though it strayed from the path). Thinker (the subject of your memory is related to knowledge and there is no emotional content other than the pleasure of learning for learning's sake).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Let me explain the Indian Education System.
Write 3/4ths of a page for 5 marks
2 for 10
and each answer is very long.
This education system is based on memorization and being rhuminating animals(cows I guess I can't think of anything else) that spit on the exam paper.What I mean to say is that the teachers want us to memorize everything and reread it at least 5 times.
I can't memorize well so what I do is take the big picture in account and ask myself questions to get the answers. Most of the things I do are done using logical methods.(Making arithmetic progressions to remember long numbers like coordinates.)
Ti (Logic). Intuitive (big picture), probably Ne-Si (asking questions to trigger memory).

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not at all. I have the messiest desk in the world. I procrastinate like crazy, never submit anything on time. I am pretty messy and not organized.
Probably Ne.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense. I'll be able to elaborate better if I had an example.
TI. (principles, looking for logical consistency)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Making sure everybody is doing fine. I don't think following what I believe would make me happy because .... well I don't know, I just tend to feel bad. I'm okay with being myself as long as it doesn't cause any harm to anybody.
Ti-Fe. (harmony seeking, putting other people's feelings first, but not identifying as closely with those feelings as a higher Fe user probably would, suggesting that Ti is higher)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
One to one and thinks before speaking.
Introvert

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm leaping. No, words are good enough. But actions as evidence are always a reassuring factor.
Probably not Se or an Ne-dom (more likely to look before leaping). Probably Si somewhere in the stack (caution). Fe or Te (evidence to back up people's words).

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Nah, I'd watch TV. I don't like night outs nor do I really have any friends.
Introvert. If Fe, Fe is low (not choosing social interaction; not changing plans to please others). Probably not Se or Ne-dom (not inclined to change plans at the last minute).

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get weird emotions that I can't explain or understand. I cry a lot, break things, complain excessively about something. I go haywire and become very selfish, caring about myself only.
Definitely sounds like Inferior Feeling. (when stressed, inferior F tend to be overwhelmed by emotions).

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I guess I don't like superficiality and boasting.
Probably an introverted function dominating—most likely Ti or Fi, though really I could see people of any type disliking these traits.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yeah, how they perceive me and what I could improve on.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Appearances, traditions, trends, socialization.
I have no insights on the first question regarding functions. For the second question
Si, Se, and Fe are low or absent. Si cares about tradition, Se (sometimes) cares about trends), Fe cares about socialization, all three are inclined to care about appearances (though not always).

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends perceive me as funny and smart and geeky.
They are right. I'm just being very funny outside to make them laugh.
They would never say that I'm one to take things very personally.
Probably Ti-Fe (using wit to make others laugh. fe is lower because you don't take things personally).

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would practice the piano a lot, write my book, play chess and do something new that I haven't done before, maybe open my microscope and look at algae and potatoes.
Si (practicing). Ne (something new). Probably a thinker. Introvert (all solitary or quiet one-on-one activities)

My Conclusion: INTP

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Banned
1,837 Posts
@oceaneyes
Thanks for the detailed analysis. What do you presume is the best method of learning for Ti doms?
Haha, I actually don't know. I just came up with the theory that memorisation may not be the greatest tool for learning for Ti-users because of the need to question and used it as an example here since it seemed to fit. But since Si is supposed to be good at memorising there may be a contradiction there...but again, it isn't your dominant function, so it works differently than for a Si-dom. Besides, you already seem to know your method learning, you look at the underlying principles and mull them over until you understand them.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but because I'm not a Ti-dom or aux I'm not sure any advice I give would help :/

·
Registered
INFJ ♀ 2w1 || 9w1 || 5w4 Sp/Sx Decadent.
835 Posts
Most likely an INTP.
You have a really high introverted thinking (Ti), extroverted intuition (Ne) and extroverted feeling (Fe) functions.

You seem to have an affinity for the collection of logical/factual information (Ti) and it's comforting to be able to fit newer information in to your existing knowledge of a subject.

You value the opinions of others (most likely inferior Fe) and you take care not to bother the people around you with things that may upset the harmony between them and yourself, such as: Asking your parents to buy something for you, you strive to ensure the emotional comfort of the people around you as stated in question 11, you have difficulty dealing with your own emotions, and you depend on the input of those around you to better yourself.

In question 8, you state that you need to take a look at the bigger picture and then ask yourself questions about it to come to your conclusions, which is what Ne users do. They look at an idea and break it down in to smaller pieces in order to be able to understand it.

I would say look in to some INTP and ENTP profiles to see which one you relate to best

Hope this helped!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts