Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part 1 (I’ll do part 2 later)

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
It’s a stressful time right now for us all. I suffer with social anxiety and take sertraline. I’m a cisgender woman and 27 years old. I currently feel emotionally flat,

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I prefer the first image, of the horizon, where sea sand and moonlight meet, since it reflects the beauty and magic of the natural world. The horizon could be on another planet, in another time even...

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I would say I’m a kind, conscientious and thoughtful person who tries her best at all she does, who may be more quieter than others but has a rich inner world full of insights and imagination. I’m not quite sure there’s a reason why...other than I want to be in harmony with others and I’m more a reflective introvert. It’s just the way I am, for better or worse.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I’d like to be more confident and proactive so that I explore out of my comfort zone more and meet more people in order to find genuine connections. I’d not like to be rude or irresponsible though because I’d offend people and even hurt them, even if my intentions were good...

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I class myself as quiet, invisible, boring, but perhaps others would see me as more competent socially than I say I am. This may be due to my social anxiety.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I find my relationships with my family and others very important. I treasure my close bonds and spending time with those I’m close too. I sometimes feel sad that I don’t have more friends or a partner to share myself with. Even with strangers, I take note on how we’re interacting, if it’s positive or negative, if I’m offending them or not. This may be to do with my social anxiety though. I also find having a sense of self and inner peace very important. I’m always seeking internal and external contentment and harmony.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I am cautious in new situations, anxious at times, for example when I had to go from office working to home working I was reluctant to do so (but did because I had to, it’s my job and I didn’t want to make waves), experiencing great stress and dislike at having to do something I had never anticipated doing. However now I’ve adapted to home working and quite like the flexibility and comforts.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I panic, act flustered, but retreat into my shell. Being passive rather than active. Do nothing, detach. Seek comfort and moral support from others but don’t listen to their advice. Or sometimes i do something spontaneous to ease the strain but it makes the situation worse. For example, panicking about my computer freezing so I press lots of buttons to get it to work (it doesn’t, and in my haste I’ve made the computer even more frozen). When stressed logic goes out of the window.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When in an enjoyable situation I feel more lighthearted and content to go along with others, playfully contributing quirky wry comments to get a laugh out of others. I can feel a lot more calmer inside and I inspired. I think it’s because I take onboard others emotions and relish feeling contentment when it comes to me, since I know how abject stress and sadness feels too. So when there’s merriment I want to savour the moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part 2: I’ll add the last few questions 15-18 later.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I can be anxious one on one but do seem to cope better with this interaction rather than in groups. I find groups intimidating but at the same time I’ve always yearned to be part of one, to belong. I feel like I’m in the outskirts.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I do adhere to the social norms, values, customers and traditions if they match up with my own world view. I wouldn’t adhere to any harmful cultural value such as murdering those of another tribe since it’d go against my overarching repulsion to violence/killing. I believe in honouring social norms while also staying true to yourself at the same time. I see people as a source of anxiety and a joy at the same time. They’re important. No one can be a true island. We all effect each other.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I get on quite well with authority despite being intimidated by those in power. I tend to stay in the background and despite my social anxiety, seem to do and say the right things to keep on people’s good sides. I’m not bothered about climbing career ladders and seeking fame and power. I do find comfort having the backing of those in authority though and would rather be on friendly terms, or at least under the radar, than be at odds. I understand authority and hirachy is needed for a functioning society.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Order is stabilising, feels a comfort, but also can feel stifling since it keeps me in my comfort zone when I really need to get out of my routines and be more bold and spontaneous. Chaos is frazzling and freaks me out at times but controlled chaos is tolerable. I do find chaos amusing provided I’m in a safe setting and around people who are confident and adaptable to it.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I fear loosing my loved ones and living a mundane life, being invisible, stressed and a slave to other people’s demands, only mattering when people need me. I’m scared to be lonely I guess, of being unfulfilled and unloved. It feeds into my social anxiety. The fear manifests as me being a chronic people pleaser and muting myself into the background; becoming a self fulfilled prophecy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part 3:

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by? I’m not sure what I want as my overarching life plan. Currently, I want to overcome my low esteem to meet new people and try new things, like attend comic cons, date, visit new cities, partake in my local theatre group. I want to improve and not feel so lost and lonely anymore. This goal is self inspired. After years of reflection I’m realising that I can’t keep going on as I have been. I need to develop and be a better version of myself.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I am energised by reading, playing video games, writing, watching tv, puzzles like Sudoku and Crossword. I’m energised by stimulating my mind. I’m most drained by physical activity such as the gym, running, walking. I find it mentally non stimulating, boring even, and of course it physically taxes my energy.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I want to know my type to further aid my self development and to become a healthier well rounded version of myself. I have narrowed down my type to ISFJ INFJ or INFP. I relate most to being an introvert and a feeler. I have discounted ISFP since I don’t think that profile fits me as well. My Enneagram I believe is a 9 with a 1 wing. On the Truity MBTI test I scored INFP as I did on the official MBTI test but 16 Types scored me as INFJ. I’ve been told I seem ISFJ in any videos people’s seen of me.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you? I lack confidence in my self perceptions which has hindered my self typing process and also self acceptance.

·
Registered
INTJ
200 Posts
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I would say I’m a kind, conscientious and thoughtful person who tries her best at all she does, who may be more quieter than others but has a rich inner world full of insights and imagination. I’m not quite sure there’s a reason why...other than I want to be in harmony with others and I’m more a reflective introvert. It’s just the way I am, for better or worse.
This sounds like a lot like you took descriptions from mbti test results and posted them here. but you are self-proclaimed I and what sounds like F.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I class myself as quiet, invisible, boring, but perhaps others would see me as more competent socially than I say I am. This may be due to my social anxiety.
F

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I find my relationships with my family and others very important. I treasure my close bonds and spending time with those I’m close too. I sometimes feel sad that I don’t have more friends or a partner to share myself with. Even with strangers, I take note on how we’re interacting, if it’s positive or negative, if I’m offending them or not. This may be to do with my social anxiety though. I also find having a sense of self and inner peace very important. I’m always seeking internal and external contentment and harmony.
F

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I am cautious in new situations, anxious at times, for example when I had to go from office working to home working I was reluctant to do so (but did because I had to, it’s my job and I didn’t want to make waves), experiencing great stress and dislike at having to do something I had never anticipated doing. However now I’ve adapted to home working and quite like the flexibility and comforts.
Okay maybe you are a J. This sounds like an Si sort of deal

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When in an enjoyable situation I feel more lighthearted and content to go along with others, playfully contributing quirky wry comments to get a laugh out of others. I can feel a lot more calmer inside and I inspired. I think it’s because I take onboard others emotions and relish feeling contentment when it comes to me, since I know how abject stress and sadness feels too. So when there’s merriment I want to savour the moment.
Fe

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I can be anxious one on one but do seem to cope better with this interaction rather than in groups. I find groups intimidating but at the same time I’ve always yearned to be part of one, to belong. I feel like I’m in the outskirts.
I

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I do adhere to the social norms, values, customers and traditions if they match up with my own world view. I wouldn’t adhere to any harmful cultural value such as murdering those of another tribe since it’d go against my overarching repulsion to violence/killing. I believe in honouring social norms while also staying true to yourself at the same time. I see people as a source of anxiety and a joy at the same time. They’re important. No one can be a true island. We all effect each other.
ISFJ

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I get on quite well with authority despite being intimidated by those in power. I tend to stay in the background and despite my social anxiety, seem to do and say the right things to keep on people’s good sides. I’m not bothered about climbing career ladders and seeking fame and power. I do find comfort having the backing of those in authority though and would rather be on friendly terms, or at least under the radar, than be at odds. I understand authority and hirachy is needed for a functioning society.
ISxJ

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Order is stabilising, feels a comfort, but also can feel stifling since it keeps me in my comfort zone when I really need to get out of my routines and be more bold and spontaneous. Chaos is frazzling and freaks me out at times but controlled chaos is tolerable. I do find chaos amusing provided I’m in a safe setting and around people who are confident and adaptable to it.
more J

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by? I’m not sure what I want as my overarching life plan. Currently, I want to overcome my low esteem to meet new people and try new things, like attend comic cons, date, visit new cities, partake in my local theatre group. I want to improve and not feel so lost and lonely anymore. This goal is self inspired. After years of reflection I’m realising that I can’t keep going on as I have been. I need to develop and be a better version of myself.
more of the same

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I want to know my type to further aid my self development and to become a healthier well rounded version of myself. I have narrowed down my type to ISFJ INFJ or INFP. I relate most to being an introvert and a feeler. I have discounted ISFP since I don’t think that profile fits me as well. My Enneagram I believe is a 9 with a 1 wing. On the Truity MBTI test I scored INFP as I did on the official MBTI test but 16 Types scored me as INFJ. I’ve been told I seem ISFJ in any videos people’s seen of me.
This explains your weird guiding answers.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you? I lack confidence in my self perceptions which has hindered my self typing process and also self acceptance.
You are pretty solidly ISFJ. It is a little up in the air at the beginning but when you get through to the end you get very very consistently ISFJ. There was no sign of being Ni.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This sounds like a lot like you took descriptions from mbti test results and posted them here. but you are self-proclaimed I and what sounds like F.

F

F

Okay maybe you are a J. This sounds like an Si sort of deal

Fe

I

ISFJ

ISxJ

more J

more of the same

This explains your weird guiding answers.

You are pretty solidly ISFJ. It is a little up in the air at the beginning but when you get through to the end you get very very consistently ISFJ. There was no sign of being Ni.
Thank you for taking the time to read and analyse. I’ll agree my first few answers were really stilted and guarded. I wasn’t quite sure what to put because honestly I’d describe myself as being mousy, sensitive, easily spooked and skittish, bit dense and clumsy. All negative things, and I guess I was reaching for descriptions I had read previously and wanted to try and portray (and believe) myself in a more positive light.

I digress that my anxiety disorder and low esteem has really impacted how I believe I come across and how I think I orientate in the world. But I’m learning to be more kinder to myself and reach out for help. I’m trying to improve my confidence and sense of self, and hopefully will get there soon :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts