Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what's some songs that could serve as a theme song for 9's?

The one's that come to my mind for 9 are sort of melancholy.

[video=dailymotion;x9yy6x]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9yy6x_lost-realist-trapt_music"[/video]

Maybe you can change that :happy:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Melancholic songs come to mind:tongue:.
I love Ted, this one is happy and carefree IMO, but in swedish
A bit sadder, but in english
Ben folds five - selfless cold and composed. The harsh side of 9s.
And back to something more cheerful, I always enjoyed semi-charmed life, 3yb.
Pet Semetary - Ramones

·
Registered
712 Posts
Theme song for my unhealthy, dissociated, catatonic states.

YouTube - Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd - The Wall
I identify with that entire album, and do my best writing to it.

I was so upset at what the Scissor Sisters did to Comfortably Numb that I refused to listen to any of their other stuff, deciding that I hated them. Then about 3 years ago I listened to the rest of their stuff and realized I quite like them. Except that one song which makes me grimace.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I identify with that entire album, and do my best writing to it.

I was so upset at what the Scissor Sisters did to Comfortably Numb that I refused to listen to any of their other stuff, deciding that I hated them. Then about 3 years ago I listened to the rest of their stuff and realized I quite like them. Except that one song which makes me grimace.
I just lay back and get lost in the music. Then I really start feeling it. The whole album feels like a warm cocoon, and a few songs feel especially warm and comfortable. :happy:

Never heard even heard of Scissor Sisters before. But I looked it up on youtube. Oh god that's annoying to hear.

Dark Side of the Moon is fun dubbed to Wizard of Oz. Different experience though. It's trippier lol.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am so in love with Maynards voice.

It just seems to get more mellow and beautifully expressive over the years.

His earliest stuff I like hearing when I'm dwelling on something.

Lateralus if I feel like getting lost in the dark.

10000 Days if I feel like getting lost in the light.

A Perfect Circle if I feel like crying maybe. 3 Libras is a powerful song.

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice. But not a patch on what the original does to me :tongue:

YouTube - massive attack- teardrop

Her voice is amazing and I agree it's the best version. I was mostly referring to what the song and lyrics do to me, everyone sings it in their own way which gives it a unique feel.

I thought that guys cover was really good, especially his acoustic guitar work which was an interesting change. I thought he did a really good job putting his soul into the sound.

But the original just sounds effortless. Naturally.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I need to learn to play guitar. Like badly. I need to find some creative outlet.
So what are you waiting for Mr Procrastinator? Give me 2 good excuses or go get a book out of the library and pick up one of those god-awful cheap guitars.

What about Coldplay "Clocks"? :wink:
It's just peaceful....and beautiful...
YouTube - Coldplay-- "Clocks"
Yeah, that's one of their best, along with The Scientist, Don't Panic and Viva La Vida

Coldplay and Beatles are always wonderful.
Speaking of which - this is a good 9 song -
and I love the Fiona Apple cover of it

And I liked the movie too :laughing:
http://www.911dvd.net/media/Across%20The%20Universe.jpg

·
Registered
583 Posts
So what are you waiting for Mr Procrastinator? Give me 2 good excuses or go get a book out of the library and pick up one of those god-awful cheap guitars.
Story of my life. Why just two excuses? lol

1. Too cash strapped right now for another toy I don't really need or have time for at the moment.
2. I won't settle for a god-awful cheap guitar. If I got one, I'd play it compulsively so it needs good acoustics so that I could stand to play it.

I'll get one sometime soon though :tongue:

Speaking of which - this is a good 9 song - YouTube - The Beatles - Across The Universe and I love the Fiona Apple cover of it YouTube - Fiona Apple :: Across The Universe

And I liked the movie too :laughing:
http://www.911dvd.net/media/Across%20The%20Universe.jpg

I love Fiona's voice - never heard that cover before, thanks.

And that movie is one of my favorites. The first time I saw it was in the theater after drinking some mushroom tea, so it was unbelievably amazing.

1 - 20 of 404 Posts