Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just read an article that said 1% of the population are INTP's i guess that means every 1 out of 100 is right

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
i just read an article that said 1% of the population are INTP's i guess that means every 1 out of 100 is right
Yeah, I read one that said 3% and another that said 4%. There are different percentages around on the internet. It seems like a lot of people tend to go with the rarest.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
between 1-5% of the population but who really knows

·
Banned
3,849 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Everyone wants to be rare.

Makes us nice and chewy though a bit raw, but raw is pretty fascinating too, don't you think?

·
Registered
672 Posts
It depends upon the country, and I believe, culture you grew up in too. So the stats are an average, but maybe more or less depending on where you live.

I am surprised by the ISTJ stat! But not especially surprised by any of the others.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
did you think it would be higher or lower?
I was about to ask the same question ... stole it right out of my mouth.
Also, while we ISTJ's are apparently common on the internet, I've yet to run across any in the real world. Hmm.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I was about to ask the same question ... stole it right out of my mouth.
Also, while we ISTJ's are apparently common on the internet, I've yet to run across any in the real world. Hmm.
Me neither... :mellow:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Funny, I've got one as a friend and one as my mum.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, I read one that said 3% and another that said 4%. There are different percentages around on the internet. It seems like a lot of people tend to go with the rarest.
How deliciously ironic that everyone wants to be rare. Though I suppose that everything is ironic if looked at right.

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's strange, I thought ISTJ was fairly common. My ex, my father and my stepmother are all ISTJs...

·
Registered
672 Posts
did you think it would be higher or lower?
Didn't expect it quite so high...still, as I thought about the various acquaintances I've had over the years, it could be approx 1 in 10 were ISTJ. Only one in the workshop I attended was ISTJ (two were ESTJ, two were ESFJ). Mind you, we had no INTJs or INFPs, one INTP (me), one ENTP (my boss, female).

Not a typical cross section, has to be said.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I wouldn't trust type statistics. They are a good general guide, but it's impossible to be sure. The numbers of people who misstype are enormous.

But to say the INTP type is uncommon, and even more so for females, isn't going to surprise anyone...

We're certainly not the rarest, though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts