Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's my type? Again.

I don't make it a point to post on this forum. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I care about a four-letter code as much as I care about venting my personality on a page. I'm not sure my heart will break if I don't set a fire of discussion.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm a red power tie. My personality is who I'm with to make the impression I desire. I like to collect the minds of interesting people. I try to conform to the traits of those that succeeded. I'm sort of a power hog. I believe in working hard to achieve the freedom to never have to work hard again. Now, having taken upon myself the images I desire, I tend question who I really am underneath.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Time. I have needs, interests, and passions. And feeding off the breast of other labor isn't my idea of freedom. I yearn for the unknown because that's the only thing I can yearn for, really. I have no clue what I want until I try it. I want to maintain what I have tried and have the ability to try and maintain anything else that I fancy. Drinks, tv shows, literature, women, and so on and so forth.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
There isn’t a specific time. I only feel weaker than normal when I am ill or have lost someone/thing I value. I'm at the highest peak every time I succeed at a particular challenge.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being called my Father. He was an abusive, idiotic man for the first part of his marriage to my Mom. He was later put on medication. I have his temper but not his violence. I have his handyman skills without his failures.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Logic. Well, I had a Spanish teacher call me logic driven during a personality survey the whole school took for Valentines Day. I usually base my choices on the pros-cons of the situation. There are times when I have a strong emotional repulsion to something and I just can’t reason it out in the moment. However, I find that if I think it over my instincts do prove correct and I will find reason in the repulsion.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
The target audience. I have to know what brand of toilet paper they use before I can lay any foundations for working on a project. I am the outcome. I want to be involved with any worthwhile projects.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
To be honest, I was always partial to school functions. I enjoy dances. I never danced. I just felt giddy watching people make a fool of themselves. I enjoy solo-activities of a physical kind. Hell, I’m always having fun. Even when I’m working.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Whatever. If I’m learning it for myself I prefer a hands on, practical approach. This allows more freedom to experiment. I don’t enjoy going by rule books because I find most of the regulations unnecessary.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Decently organized. A chimp could find most of the items I have on my desk. I can get messy but I rarely stay that way.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
To be honest, if a new idea tries to overtake an idea I previously had, well, I can be hostile at first. I jump into the mystery machine afterwards though. In some ways, I’m a mix of both. If the idea is purely theoretical, I check to make sure the assertions make sense to me. If an idea has a more tangible goal, I tend to look for any facts that might refute some of the base assumptions in myself or the idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The latter.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
A small group is the best of both worlds for me. I tend to lose the conversation is a one-to-one situation. I think over what I want to express before I say it, if it involves long term goals. However, in a carefree conversation, I tend to speak bluntly without a censor.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Definitely jump into action. Yes, actions even speak into the future. If you act enough in the past, your word is all the action you’ll need in the present.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out. I can pirate the show later. :)

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I’m a monster. I find myself apologizing far too often.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Smug ignorance. The types of people that are so confident in their ability to outsmart someone else even though they make little sense. They smile a smug smile without a clue to reality. (People that dismiss the beliefs of others because they think they just want to be different)

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Politics.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Religion or spirituality.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Well, an uncensored intelligent prick. They tend to ignore my more gentle moments with animals and lovers. They probably wouldn’t call me sentimental.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
If I’m not obsessed with a new tv show or book series. I’ll be online either looking for new obsessions, reading articles, shopping for items I might use to help make my work routine easier. Depends on the weather. I might do something outdoors if I have friends available to help out.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
XSTX is what I can see. I think you are extraverted, not introverted. I didn't see much Si but I thought I saw a lot of Se. So Si + Ti = ESTP. ^^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts