Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could go to any place on Earth, where would it be?

Answers can include countries/regions, locations seen only through a microscope/telescope, and Magic School Bus trips through time/space/.

Naturally, this is a non-exhaustive list of acceptable answers.

To start us off, I was thinking Romania. In particular, I'd like to see the Maramures Sapanta.

​Google it. It's really cool!

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
I always find myself most interested in the places that don't receive a jot of attention in the news, or the places that receive all the wrong attention. I bet Iran is amazing, and most of the other middle-eastern countries before they were apparently torn apart. Also all the 'slightly north of the middle east' places - Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, and, as mentioned, Turkmenistan - what the hell happens around there?! It's just amazing to consider that they, too, have people, places, food, infrastructure, trade routes, educated people and a general hubbub of life. Just the mainstream media never bothers to tell us about it. Thank you, BBC, for sticking by your founding values - "To inform and entertain" ? Pah! Talent shows.

Also. From the apparently 'better off' Western perspective, it's just so amazing to witness the basic-yet-totally-content lives of the people of countries where their government prefers to keep activities within their given borders. Much of the south-east Asian nations felt great in that respect, when I was there. When did Thailand, Laos, or Vietnam ever do anything to really provoke the rest of the world? Not for a very long time - possibly never - and they certainly are amazing places, brimming with an interconnected sense of humanity, way more-so than the individualistic values of most epically consumerist nations. I fear the rest of the world will head the same way, and hence consider myself very lucky to be living at a time where there are still places relatively free of such dilution.

I like rice and spice.

Oh and to stick with the more 'imaginative' notions of the OP: I'd love to experience the journey across the universe near the end of that film 'Contact'.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
I've always wanted to go to Iceland to see the glaciers (while they still exist) and aurora borealis.

Reactions: Seaborg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lechuguilla Cave

Reactions: Seaborg

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would love to see the rolling hills in Germany.

I would also love to see what it's like to work for Microsoft. I heard that Bill Gates has made it a haven of sorts.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think going to Australia would be cool. Come to think of it I think the southern hemisphere in general would be interesting to visit, from south America to Australia and Antarctica.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts