Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this randomly came to mind, and I know I'm an ENFP that's in awkward situations a lot, so other ENFPs are awkward... right? I just wanna see what you do when you're in an awkward situation! :proud:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Whenever there's an awkward situation (usually caused by something awkward that I've said), I go dead quiet and the moment kind of just hangs in the air, getting even more awkward.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
When I was growing up I used to be afraid of saying or doing something that would embarrass myself. In high school, I started doing it intentionally so that I would overcome that discomfort. I had a lot of fun making an ass out of myself for awhile there and now that fear is long gone.

I'm not over-the-top like I used to be, but I still like to act goofy for my own amusement. One of the ways I sometimes tease friends is by saying or doing something to make them feel a bit uncomfortable. Of course, they do it back to me as well. I also don't mind awkward silences, feeling like everybody's staring at me, or accidentally doing something embarrassing. I don't get special enjoyment out of them but I take them in stride pretty well.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
in awkward situations i tend to hyperfocus on being myself. in my opinion i've found that trying to cover it up makes it worse, so the best thing to do is just focus on acting natural, and to pretend not to notice the other person acting strangely- i think once the other person notices you are taking it in your stride they feel more comfortable, and you're often able to blow past it.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,127 Posts
I either wisely go dead quiet and carefully assess the situation OR I do something inapppropriately silly to knock everyone off kilter, hopefully breaking the ice and getting us back on track again. Unfortunately, it's a total crapshoot as to which action I will take during any given awkward moment.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I act like a silly bitch. :p

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I out-awkward the situation. I turn into a clumsy clown and then I usually say something stupid to make light of the situation and/or myself before I just start laughing. IE:

Immediately become self-conscious in the awkwardness and as a result smack into a wall... look around, make eye contact, smile sheepishly. "Don't mind me as I attempt to walk through this wall here...." Shake head and chuckle... "Too much Harry Potter, I guess." Make a big show of pretending to smack into the wall again. Laugh harder, covering face. Wave weakly at the other person. "Sometimes I just don't know." By this point they are either laughing too or staring at me like I escaped from an insane asylum. I make a mock bow and quickly escape. XD

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Honestly, I love awkward moments. It's the great equalizer of human experiences with opportunity for comedy and honesty. They're loaded with potential.

Reactions: Daeva

·
Registered
17 Posts
It really depends on what awkward situation it is. If it's something I said or did I try to blatantly point out the awkwardness.

In other awkward situations I try to break the awkward silence. I might still make a comment about the moment being awkward and then move on to whatever topic I can pull out of my ass at the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts