Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP
3,558 Posts
As a male ENTP with a female ENTP my best advice would not to be so adverse to someone actually loving who you are. Sometimes it is actually sincere. It took her a very long time to accept that I respect her and support what and who that she is. After a certain amount of time she knew that I wasn't going anywhere but to her.

That might be the key. Have confidence that the person who loves you actually loves you.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Have confidence that the person who loves you actually loves you.
I read this out to my ENTP fiancé and he said, "yes, that would help." It's just so hard to register that someone's word is bond when you've heard the same phrases before (from other people) and had none of it be true in the end. Then again, those were other people.

I'm guessing most women, not just ENTPs, have this issue, especially with a man who recognizes what they have and what they're willing to go through to keep it that way.

·
Registered
ENTP
3,558 Posts
I read this out to my ENTP fiancé and he said, "yes, that would help." It's just so hard to register that someone's word is bond when you've heard the same phrases before (from other people) and had none of it be true in the end. Then again, those were other people.

I'm guessing most women, not just ENTPs, have this issue, especially with a man who recognizes what they have and what they're willing to go through to keep it that way.

Im not totally sold on the idea that relationship insecurity problems are female. In fact, conviced that they aren't.

Suppose what I'm getting at here is not a female or male thing, but more of a fear thing. If you're constantly afraid then you'll never take the risk you need to take to accomplish what you're after.

Let me give you my very adolescent example: I was a very accomplished snowboarder at a young age. I launched off of very gigantic jumps, gaps, step-downs, etc. What I learned is that you don't speed-check at takeoff. When you're committed to that launch you fucking go for it and worry about the injuries afterwards because if you make that check you're going to end up in a yard sale of torn ligaments and broken bones and no one wants that except maybe the doc that bills for it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Im not totally sold on the idea that relationship insecurity problems are female. In fact, conviced that they aren't.

Suppose what I'm getting at here is not a female or male thing, but more of a fear thing. If you're constantly afraid then you'll never take the risk you need to take to accomplish what you're after.
I was actually thinking this in the back of my mind after posting what I did... you're right, gender doesn't apply. In fact, it's not a female thing, not an MBTI -related thing, but a human thing. General insecurity.

I will say this though: I've never experienced the same type of consistency or loyalty in a relationship before. I could go on about this all day, but man, you guys give 110%. That's what makes it hard to believe.

Alright I'm done derailing this thread, please continue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you are quirky and people naturally assume you must be a dumb airhead.

When you show them you're smart and they actually get surprised.
(NOTE: I have a big list)

When you get called a bitch for stating the truth.
Don't even get me started on the air head thing. I like that they underestimate me in a way though because I tends to get really dramatic/interesting when they find out they can't even keep up with me.

What about when you're considered unladylike because you're not very sensitive or don't really care about what people think of your behaviour.

·
Registered
636 Posts
When people get mad because you aren't quiet and submissive.

When people come up to me and ask me when I had moved to the USA and where I'm from because I couldn't possibly of been born here and getting top scores in my science and math classes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
When you get judged immensely for not agreeing with all things feminist when they make no sense.
Thank you. Just thank you.
When you are quirky and people naturally assume you must be a dumb airhead.

When you show them you're smart and they actually get surprised.
(NOTE: I have a big list)

When you get called a bitch for stating the truth.
When people get mad because you aren't quiet and submissive.
Jepp. Unfortunately the bitch thing is a an issue in our society..
When people come up to me and ask me when I had moved to the USA and where I'm from because I couldn't possibly of been born here and getting top scores in my science and math classes. :rolleyes:
Don´t get me started on the science thing. Like what? I´m a girl and I can´t enjoy a good mental challenge?
Trust me, I can think about anything I want to, to trigger a deep thinking process and be 95% right. Unless you´re an INTJ... Then we will argue with you

·
Registered
117 Posts
When teachers stare at you for having incredibly smart comments/arguments, a pretty knowledge of everything, a social life and a lot of stuff to be a geek about :p

When you feel that the smarts of men are turning you and you can´t focus on the actual topic that is being discussed though it is something you are really interested in..

Reactions: MireilleFarr

·
Registered
ENTP
3,558 Posts
I was actually thinking this in the back of my mind after posting what I did... you're right, gender doesn't apply. In fact, it's not a female thing, not an MBTI -related thing, but a human thing. General insecurity.

I will say this though: I've never experienced the same type of consistency or loyalty in a relationship before. I could go on about this all day, but man, you guys give 110%. That's what makes it hard to believe.

Alright I'm done derailing this thread, please continue.
Derailing is what we do. But yeah, if you get an ENTP that's into you then the game is done. That's what they want and that is you.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
These:

16 Things Unemotional Women Will Understand | Thought Catalog

Particularly:

-Sucking at comforting people and feeling bad about it.
-Holding a lot back from people.
-Having a hard time maintaining close relationships with other women.
-Lots of interest from men, but a terrible time in relationships.
-People thinking you're cold because you aren't emotionally reactive.

Reactions: MireilleFarr

·
Registered
293 Posts
-When you are nice & bubbly with a group of people (Ne+Fe) and they think you are a pixie-manic girl or a Fe-dom a la Martha Steward ... And then you began to talk to them one to one, and they're super surprised because you're actually very analytical :crazy:
It could literally scare some men off!

-When girlfriends talk about shopping tends & you are rather brainstorming in the same time about the business opportunities ("yoga socks are trending? Maybe I could buy some for cheap & sell them on Amazon!!?" :proud:)

-When you are suspicious & cynical (Ne with crazy theories + Ti that doesn't stop thinking ...) but wise & kind deep down, you just don't want to show this to random people. Because showing who we really are is giving a part of ourselves, and we hate this because we crave freedom...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts