Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell when someone is putting on an act no matter how they hide it? Or predict how things will sum out without much thought?

Like friends made in school that only hang on to you because they are new, then when they meet others they act like they dont know you.
I get visions when I first meet the person how the friendship will slowly ease away useing me as a connect to others.

everything just seems rigged to me.... I want to know if this has anything to do with being infp.

I feel like a know it all but I try not to let it be known.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I've had generally similar things, typically I can pick them out of a crowd really easily and shun them. If they try to talk to me they can usually get a bit of a hint after a bit.

Later on they usually end up vengeful though, but I guess that's part of the fun :D.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yea, a lot of times I feel like I can see through words with people. It's really easy for me to get a sense of who is being genuine and who isn't, especially with me. But then there are times when I do it too much, and over analyze things and make really irrational assumptions about people and their motives.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is when other people want to meet your friends. I introduce people I just met to my friends all the time. Usually, it's the first thing that I do.

1. That new person might be someone who could help out a friend in some way I can't
2. My friends aren't commodities that I dole out as gifts to other people.
3. My friends' relationships with other people are none of my business unless they want to tell me.

So a new person becomes friends with one of my friends. So what?

If I think someone wants something from me, like fixing their computer, advice, etc., I usually ask them right away. If it's not a big deal or not much effort, I help them out. If it's an effort, I trade. This way, I can establish the type of future relationship I have with this person up front.

Reactions: Bago and Halcy0n

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
INFP's use auxiliary Ne which deals in intuitively analyzing what exists around you and what WILL exist. It is the reading function whereas Ni, the other form of intuition, is a writing function that deals in not surveying your surroundings to predict what will happen but manipulating it to make what you want happen.

INFP's, among other Ne users, have the ability to look past a persons outer layer and look at who the person really is on the inside (whether they want you to or not. which is why some people don't like Ne users :p).

They read and judge things for what's inside the book, not just what's on the cover.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I get the same feelings about people too.
I met this dude a while ago, and knew right away he was shady. I didn't stop hanging out with him though; he was a good connect for...um...certain frowned-upon herbs.
One day he "lost" my $50 I gave him to grab me some. I waited THREE months to see if he would ever get around to paying me, or at least acknowledge that it happened. Luckily I'd FB messaged him when it happened, so I had eveidence to support my "accusation" (as he called it). He eventually paid me back (in installments, not the lump sum; I had half a mind to charge him interest), and I thought we were kosher. Then around a month ago I gave him $45 to order the UFC fight at his house (still can't believe that Silva got beat on like that, but I digress); he immediately used this money to buy weed when it was intended to go to his mother, you know, the one paying the bills.

Needless to say I try not to fuck with him too much anymore. His unintelligence and general "social unpleasantness" (as a friend of mine who met him once said) are grating, and he has a warped sense of ethics.

So yeah, I'm gonna have to say that, 9 times out of 10, you should go with your gut feeling.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Its not what is said, but how its being said. Ive always felt that Ive been able to see past the ruse people put on when talking to me or others. I really kind of enjoy being able to see beyond peoples shells and peer into their world.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yea, a lot of times I feel like I can see through words with people. It's really easy for me to get a sense of who is being genuine and who isn't, especially with me. But then there are times when I do it too much, and over analyze things and make really irrational assumptions about people and their motives.
I do this a lot as well.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
For me its not a conscious process but for some reason I always end up with those friends who are genuine friend material. I never suffer from any false positives.
That is not to say I have never been played. But that is more in a material sense, not in regards to emotional commitments.

Friendship are very much one on one matters for me. Whatever they do when they are not with me is their own business.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do this a lot especially if I'm in a group of people I'll just sit there silently observing and decoding everything they do and say and walk away when i sense things are going to go wrong.

But I do keep a close set of friends who I consider my brothers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.