INTJ 5w4 531 sx/sp
1,836 Posts
Human Organism Art Font Illustration

• Haha
Reactions: NIHM

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Ok this is a long one, but when I accidently hit a "punchline" after a google search, I just lost it.

Someone was talking about Adam Trombley - some dude in the 1980's who claimed to invent a free energy device that he presented to the United Nations but was suppressed by the government and then somehow he ends up blabbering about UFOs and the Federal Reserve. You know the type. He was interviewed in an infamous documentary called Thrive, becoming the Thrive Movement, where he showed photos of his device and claimed the government gagged him from marketing it. After the doc came out, another dude named David Farnsworth came forward to say that the photos were of his own device and that it was part of a generator.

This website details a raging drama between the two fellows over this, including mud-slinging and confusing "facts" laid out in emails/letters exchanged between the two men, various dubious conspiracy organizations, the documentary's director, and quack engineering outfits:

Exclusive: Allegations About Adam Trombly Present Potential Credibility Crisis for Thrive. (UPDATED!) | Thrive Debunked (wordpress.com)

Here, David Farnsworth starts out sensible, but then quickly devolves into tirades about Adam being a pompous ass and a coward. It's a riot...

Here is part of what David Farnsworth says about what happened:

5) Were any of your laboratories raided? When?

YES. In 97 the laboratory that I owned in Forest Grove, Oregon was raided. I was the one that got hurt, I was the one that they gave a problem to, and I was also the one that went to Federal Court and I have the papers to prove it. I even have the pictures of all of my equipment in the Federal warehouse that they destroyed before it was returned to me.

6) Were you personally ever threatened or harmed by suppressive forces?

Yes indirectly through the gov’t , IRS, and investors. There were several times when my family at the time and I got phone calls in the middle of the night threatening that I would not bring anything out regarding this technology.

Okay. Raided why? He doesn't say. He goes back and forth about what the devices he's created actually do - and neither him nor Adam are actually engineers or anything. One thing they do keep needling each other for is who invented/patented/worked on a device for earthquake detection. Farnsworth says that this is the only device he somewhat collaborated with Trombley on, but also isn't the device in the photo.

Adam says, "Since this is an original discovery of science there is no place else I could have been informed but by those who generously shared the discovery and the discourse surrounding the discovery with me. How else could I have known that the quake was to happen prior to the actual event? I cited them [two other scientists] as the discoverers and the original inventors as any good scientist would do and I have all the witnesses and proof I could ever require in a court of law. The auditoriums were packed at UCLA and other venues.

David claims to have had patents regarding earthquake forecasting technologies prior to ever meeting me."

Adam Trombley's daughter actually gets into the conversation, and says, "The last time I spoke with David Farnsworth he called me directly when I was College and he asked me for money because he couldn’t afford to pay the rent at the trailer park where his motor home was parked."

Farnsworth laments about how his lab and his work were destroyed, and he's lost everything while David is well off. He also is elusive about why he lost everything, but since Adam keeps talking about government interference, we're left to assume. In the (equally hilarious) comments, people in fact do assume that even if David is the actual inventor of the free energy tech, it was still suppressed and therefore the Thrive documentary still has a case about the device.

On to the punchline. I decided to Google David Farnsworth to see if he actually did have patents or some kind of credentials, and I only found one news blurb from the associated press written in 1997 (the year Farnsworth's lab in Oregon was "raided by the government"). This is it:

Spam Heir Sues Inventor for $3.6M | AP News

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) _ The heir to the Spam fortune is suing to recover more than $3.6 million he invested to develop technology to predict earthquakes, money he claims the inventor used to buy mobile homes.

Geordie Hormel, son of the founder of Hormel Co., wants to recover his property and investment and to dissolve Off the Wall, the company he formed with David Farnsworth of Portland in 1994.

A judge has ordered U.S. marshals to seize property Hormel said his money paid for, including a $150,000 motor home, a $50,000 self-propelled motor home trailer and a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee. That property, along with other merchandise such as laptop computers and a $26,000 color copier, is being held by the federal court.
Farnsworth and another researcher claimed to have predicted the March 25, 1993, earthquake that struck the Willamette Valley. Less than three months later, he forecast a moderate quake in western Oregon, prompting an elementary school to evacuate its 150 students. The quake didn’t occur.
That's the government suppression and lab raid?? :ROFLMAO:

No wonder Farnsworth doesn't want to come out and honestly say what happened. How embarrassing. David got off without any stake in the investment he claims to have helped Farnsworth on, instead fabricating a story about Department of Defense suppressing a different free energy device he invented himself and showing pictures of Farnsworth's work as "proof".

Man, this would make an awesome movie.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
delete

17001 - 17013 of 17013 Posts