Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
14,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few threads about how the stereotype of INFP's being crybabies is not accurate. And I agree.

But some of us do cry at various things--actually, I think it's quite human to cry. So this is a thread where you can post things that make you cry.

It's somewhat inspired by the "Movies that made you cry like a baby" thread, but I find that I often cry while listening to the news. So wanted to put a place to vent and record all my crybaby moments. I'm also somewhat surprised, usually, when I end up crying--perhaps it's some kind of 'concrete feeling' as Jung said, and not related to Fi.

Feel free to contribute if you like. I'm sure I will be visiting this thread during a certain time of every month. Open to all types.

·
Registered
44 Posts
it all depends on if something hit home =o i can be pretty stoic through a lot of things, but when the scene came in the lego movie where the dad realized he wasnt allowing his own kid to enjoy the love he had for legos like he had when younger by keeping them to himself, i kinda fell apart. I remembered how my own kid brother would reconstruct things I had made and i'd be very adamant about my anger towards them ruining what i loved, but besides the resources from the things i made, they had nothing by which to build from.

For an Fi dom, i think your Fi really needs to be slapped around in just the right way to get the waterfalls ^3^

oh, and the ending of mass effect 3. 300 hours of personally invested time across the franchise, with a small montage of all your closest friends being shown as well a as a potential significant other you could fall for, and the closure of a long LONG adventure, it always makes me cry super hard X'D ..kinda...uncontrollably..actually

oh, and when im extremely depressed and i realize that someone wants to do something for me or genuinely cares ^3^ and it makes me think about how i never grew up in a home where i ever believed my emotions are validated and valued (ESTJ and ENTJ parents)

Reactions: WickerDeer

·
Sunset Stripper
9,636 Posts
It didn't happen to me but my sister just said:

"We found a rat in the garage, he was lethargic and half-unresponsive. When I took him out I accidentally did it too forcefully and ended up flinging him out, having him land on his back. Twice" *begins to cry* "Can you imagine being poisoned or something, feeling horrible and then have someone throw you out, landing on your back? I honestly deserve to be flung outside with a broom..."

Also, we didn't poison him nor do we have rat poison in the garage. He was just there and we thought he might have been poisoned and that's why he was acting like that.

·
Administrator
14,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was reading this article about the false alarm in Hawaii--and this story of a woman who got a text from her daughter in Hawaii saying "I love you." Even though it turned out to be a false alarm, it's still a good reminder of what is important.

"I was actually sitting right here on my recliner, and I got a text from her saying 'Mom, I love you' with lots of exclamation marks, and I knew something was wrong," Proudfit said. "She said I don't know how long I have, but I want to tell you I love you, no matter what happens, and I kept telling her I love you, I love you, I said I don't know what to do, there's nothing I can do."
The text turned out to be a false alarm. The imminent attack, was non-existent.
"I was relieved, like of course, we're going to see another day," Garman said. "My kids, watching them scream and cry, with everything going on, not being able to tell them that everything is going to be ok because you don't know."

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Last time I cried... I took a bus and sat next to the driver. He was super lovely and smiley. It was the evening and we had the red sunset in front of us on the road. It was a majestic sight. My heart went softy. The driver cracked some jokes and was so lovely, such good spirit doing a boring repetitive job, and I got consumed by the warmth of the situation and I thought "You're so lovely, thank you for being so nice to me all day... I hope I was nice to you too... I wish we could just drive and exist inside a sunset for ten years straight..." and my eyes were crying but my brain was like "Stoooooop not a good time! Someone's going to see you! How inappropriate!" but couldn't stop. Thank god it was super dark. I was consumed by beauty and love.

Before that, on the same morning I went to a museum thingy and was surprised when a live band of violins, pianos and cellos suddenly began to play Pachelbel's Canon. This is my fave and always always has me in tears, and this time wasn't different. Since I was in public, I had to go hide in a dark corner. Again, it's beauty's fault.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,657 Posts
-When people sincerely apologize for hurting me.
I'd feel better if people just didn't apologize. It feels better for me to let an issue slide off than to be reminded that I've been hurt by someone. I'd rather people not feel bad on my behalf, and I'd rather not feel bad for myself.

-When people tell me how good I've been to them and how much they care about me, and I believe them.
It feels better for me to ignore my collective good deeds than to be recognized. I'd rather not know if I was appreciated than to be overwhelmed by sincere and uncommon praise. I can't handle it with a straight face, and the person complimenting me quickly learns that they should not keep bringing it up!

-When I have to be so selfless for others that it hurts, but also keep my sacrifice a secret.
I grow weak and cry in a hidden place from self-pity. Then I force myself to shut up and keep going because of how stupid and useless it is for me to feel so sad and self-centered when I'm working towards someone else's good. Fortunately I get better at it each time.

-When I accidentally harm a person or animal. (Except for stinging insects in my room. I purposely harm those)
I tapped a dog with my car because it unexpectedly ran out in front of me, and I was an emotional wreck in front of many strangers that day. The dog wasn't even hurt.

-When my mind suddenly recalls that my friend is dead. (Thanks a lot, stupid thread about crying...)
My friend being dead is something I can't do anything about, but it's going to feel okay someday. I won't forget or cease to care, but I won't hurt quite so much.

Reactions: WickerDeer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts