Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have u ever read anything, or seen something, that u have seen as sooooo illogically stupid and there has been 0% thought gone into it, it just makes you want to end your life.

no2av.jpg

Here is mine, it was in the UK. we had just had an election, and one of those in power wished to introduce what is called av (alternative vote) its a system where u vote for the person u want in power, but put them all order of preference.

Now this is one of the leaflets i got thru my door. At the time this leaflet was posted thru my door, we where living in a coalition government, were the 1st and 3rd highest voted parties were in power......so you want me to vote no to the AV because someone who didn't receieve the majority of the votes could get into power, when currently we are in the situation of having someone who didn't come first is in power...hmmmmm

·
Registered
856 Posts
Statements made seriously by one monumentally stupid person:
"The Moon doesn't have any gravity."
"The Sun and the Moon are the same size because they're the same size in the sky."
"The Sun must be a really big star since it's bigger than all the other stars in the sky."

And one from today:
"How do you wink?"

She just makes me want to facepalm. Her. With a knife.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
have u ever read anything, or seen something, that u have seen as sooooo illogically stupid and there has been 0% thought gone into it, it just makes you want to end your life.

View attachment 36360

Here is mine, it was in the UK. we had just had an election, and one of those in power wished to introduce what is called av (alternative vote) its a system where u vote for the person u want in power, but put them all order of preference.

Now this is one of the leaflets i got thru my door. At the time this leaflet was posted thru my door, we where living in a coalition government, were the 1st and 3rd highest voted parties were in power......so you want me to vote no to the AV because someone who didn't receieve the majority of the votes could get into power, when currently we are in the situation of having someone who didn't come first is in power...hmmmmm
Sounds like Instant Runoff Vote. Which I'm in favor of. ... what possible reason could somebody be against that? What's the ulterior motive, even?

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
"The Sun and the Moon are the same size because they're the same size in the sky."
"The Sun must be a really big star since it's bigger than all the other stars in the sky."

And one from today:
"How do you wink?"

She probably gets lots of attention from broskis when she acts like that.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I don't think I want to think about that very hard. I do remember one girl who was with me in the gifted program back in middle school, and who was probably smarter than me, turned into the hugest ditz in high school. The sad part is that was probably the *intelligent* thing to do.

·
Registered
856 Posts
She does get ridiculous amounts of male attention. But it's not even acting. She's just like that all of the time. My theory is that she doesn't actually have a brain, so she just has to say everything because she can't store it in her head like a normal person.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
She does get ridiculous amounts of male attention. But it's not even acting. She's just like that all of the time. My theory is that she doesn't actually have a brain, so she just has to say everything because she can't store it in her head like a normal person.
She's stupid like a fox.

In 10 -15 years, all the guys who fell for it will be saying "where are all the smart girls?"

crazyeddie said:
I don't think I want to think about that very hard. I do remember one girl who was with me in the gifted program back in middle school, and who was probably smarter than me, turned into the hugest ditz in high school. The sad part is that was probably the *intelligent* thing to do.
If you want to take the path of least resistance, it's the only thing to do.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Nah, she probably has a brain.
Political systems, people hurting each other for rediculous reasons, as well as doing anything else without a good enough reason, the things that are about to happen, the things that are already happening on our planet, people being easily misguided. Stuff like that....

·
Registered
696 Posts

And one from today:
"How do you wink?"

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Somebody remind me why ditzy girls are supposed to be attractive? Of course, the answer to that will probably also be my answer to the OP's question....
Because by comparison you can feel smart and thus your ego gets stroked.

The "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" clip plays in a neverending loop in my head.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
everyone is guaranteed love!

everyone is guaranteed a shot at love!

everyone is guaranteed true love!

everyone is guaranteed undying love!

everyone is guaranteed reciprocated love!

fucking lies. all of it. kill me now. now please ..!.,

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Because by comparison you can feel smart and thus your ego gets stroked.

The "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" clip plays in a neverending loop in my head.
Point, but me smarts are enough that a woman can be pretty damn smart before my ego gets impacted. Just how dumb are these broskis? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
everyone is guaranteed love!

everyone is guaranteed a shot at love!

everyone is guaranteed true love!

everyone is guaranteed undying love!

everyone is guaranteed reciprocated love!

fucking lies. all of it. kill me now. now please ..!.,
Add: you are in complete control of your life.
Lie!
You can control your life to some degree.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Point, but me smarts are enough that a woman can be pretty damn smart before my ego gets impacted. Just how dumb are these broskis? Nevermind, I don't want to know.
I can't think of a single good reason to be around intentionally stupid people, either.

Unless they're really good looking and you can overlook the stupid for a half hour at a stretch. Even then, there are enough smart and good-looking people out there that this is usually not necessary.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
And this is why I read horoscopes. For that comfortable illusion of control.
It looks comfortable at first, but believe me; it causes a lot of pain to the majority of people without them realizing it. When they are trying to reach an idealized image that has been picked for them, when it-realistically speaking- most likely won't happen, instead of enjoying their current life with what tey have got.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts