Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever get really pissed off at the level of stupidity that seems to radiate from something/someone?

Right now reading excerpts from a book for my English class. I swear, it's basically a modified version of the author's childhood, and it seems very much like they are an xSFP. AND THE WHOLE ACCURSED THING IS SMALL TALK, SMALL TALK, SMALL TALK. I'M LITERALLY BANGING MY HEAD ON THE DESK TRYING TO MAKE IT STOP!

Sadly . . . I have to finish this crappy example of a piece of literature for my English class. This is why I always either really hate or really love a book that's in 1st person. If I can't stand the protagonist . . . it's like I'm in their stupid head seeing all of their stupid thoughts, and I hate them all. The level of stupidity makes my head hurt. I honestly can't believe some of the stuff around me sometimes.

Another thing that I can't stand are a lot of the people my age who think they're so cool or something on Tumblr or Facebook or some crap like that while posting pictures of them in their bathroom's mirror or some other crap like that. I know that this group is a stereotype heavily made fun of on the internet, but I tell you, they actually exist (and that is not a good thing).

I think xSFPs tend to annoy me the most. A lot of ESTPs make me want to pull my hair out too but the ones that I have talked to that have developed a decent Ti are decent. ISTPs are fine, I usually get along with them, but I can't stand most xSFPs, especially the female ones (because the poor male ones usually get made fun of enough that their egos are gone, not sure whether to feel happy about that or feel sorry for them).

My last part of my rant:
Sometimes, I feel like this:

I don't quite know why the heck I put my angry rant here, but seriously, I get so pissed off at stupid things/people sometimes. Guess it ties into my last topic about taking things too seriously sometimes.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Doing things because "this is the way it has always been done." I work for a University. A strong fear of change seems to be a cultural staple in such organizations. Why did I decide to work there? Well I enjoy working in the education industry for some reason. I guess it's the prospect of learning that attracts me.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I was getting (insert a word that means you think of an event and start to feel the same emotions as when it happened) earlier tonight.
I was thinking about people treating kids and teenagers like they really don't know anything and not valuing their opinions.
This drives me mad. It doesn't happen as much anymore (legal adult in two weeks woot woot), but I was a smart kid. So when people (often substitutes and strangers) patronized me I just felt terrible. And then when teachers did it (more in middle and now in highschool) I would get so angry because I am/was more aware of it, but I can't even say anything back because I know it's pointless.
The idea that the adult is instantly right is something I simply can't stand.

That's one reason I love the story Matilda.
A line in the musical is "Just because you're little you can do a lot, you mustn't let a little thing like little stop you
If you sit around and let them get on top you
Might as well be saying
You think that it's OK
And that's not right"
So um
While the musical wasn't around when I was a kid that thought process resulted in little me figuring out how to get away with things and not get in trouble...
And I think I hated substitutes because while my teachers knew I was a good kid and could get my work done, substitutes seemed to think I was a troublemaker.
Anyways, yeah. I can not stand prejudice against kids.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was getting (insert a word that means you think of an event and start to feel the same emotions as when it happened) earlier tonight.
I was thinking about people treating kids and teenagers like they really don't know anything and not valuing their opinions.
This drives me mad. It doesn't happen as much anymore (legal adult in two weeks woot woot), but I was a smart kid. So when people (often substitutes and strangers) patronized me I just felt terrible. And then when teachers did it (more in middle and now in highschool) I would get so angry because I am/was more aware of it, but I can't even say anything back because I know it's pointless.
The idea that the adult is instantly right is something I simply can't stand.

That's one reason I love the story Matilda.
A line in the musical is "Just because you're little you can do a lot, you mustn't let a little thing like little stop you
If you sit around and let them get on top you
Might as well be saying
You think that it's OK
And that's not right"
So um
While the musical wasn't around when I was a kid that thought process resulted in little me figuring out how to get away with things and not get in trouble...
And I think I hated substitutes because while my teachers knew I was a good kid and could get my work done, substitutes seemed to think I was a troublemaker.
Anyways, yeah. I can not stand prejudice against kids.
Many of the people may age are idiots though. I am glad that they are kept at bay, but I shudder to think what will happen once they are considered "adults". There are lessons that people learn with physical age, there are lessons that people learn with mental maturity, and there are lessons that people simply never learn . . .

Normally I just ignore those idiots though, but today kinda got to a breaking point. I had to read a book from the point of view of one of those aforementioned idiots. And since it was for English class, I could just simply "ignore it", so I was stuck reading excerpts from quite possibly the most horrifying novel that I have ever read (almost made me lose all hope in humanity). In the very end though, the main character seems to have somehow, miraculously turned smart or something and went off to try to help everyone around her by actually getting an education (in stark contrast to the rest of the excerpts that I read . . . which were pretty much about people sitting there doing nothing and engaging in really boring small talk).

·
Banned
560 Posts
You can't go around thinking everyone around you is fucking retarded. Even if they are. Give them a chance to reveal their depth.

This reads like a post I would've made early in high school.

Reactions: PowerShell

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Many of the people may age are idiots though. I am glad that they are kept at bay, but I shudder to think what will happen once they are considered "adults". There are lessons that people learn with physical age, there are lessons that people learn with mental maturity, and there are lessons that people simply never learn . . .

Normally I just ignore those idiots though, but today kinda got to a breaking point. I had to read a book from the point of view of one of those aforementioned idiots. And since it was for English class, I could just simply "ignore it", so I was stuck reading excerpts from quite possibly the most horrifying novel that I have ever read (almost made me lose all hope in humanity). In the very end though, the main character seems to have somehow, miraculously turned smart or something and went off to try to help everyone around her by actually getting an education (in stark contrast to the rest of the excerpts that I read . . . which were pretty much about people sitting there doing nothing and engaging in really boring small talk).
Which is why we should judge things on a person by person basis, not on their age

I agree, the flipside of my complaint is idiots who will soon be considered adults, who will automatically be right over children with valid ideas.
It all just sucks.
Sorry about the people in your class. I feel ya.
I have one year of high school left to sit through.

EDIT: I would argue thought that MOST of your classmates aren't idiots.
You just see the worst of them.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can't go around thinking everyone around you is fucking retarded. Even if they are. Give them a chance to reveal their depth.

This reads like a post I would've made early in high school.
This is the result of me seeing a bunch of people acting in a fashion so bad that even the mentally challenged would find it offensive being compared to them.

That's why I come here to ramble, most of the people here are intelligent. Most of my friends are too, but seriously, most of the people my age are too focused on things like "swag" and "yolo", for example. Well, the people that you notice. ExxPs tend to be really vocal and often have a "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME" mentality. Since ESxPs are the more common ones ExxPs (I have no problems with ENxPs . . . well I have some problems with some of the dumber ENxPs, but not most) tend to be vastly over-represented when I analyze a group of people (ENxPs also vastly over-represented, but they were in smaller numbers from the start). ESTPs aren't all that bad once they figure out what the hell they're doing and learn to use Ti (know some who matured faster than others, I swear that it is the difference between a high school dropout and an extremely clever salesperson). I'm sure that ESFPs have their redeeming qualities too, but all they do is talk about things that I tend to find very . . . annoying. Weird little trivial things like the newest pop songs and crap like that (on the other hand, I talk about a bunch of trivial things like historical events that happened thousands of years ago and weird little scientific theories and crap like that, so I guess I'm guilty of that too).

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I can stand just about everything.

Except poking and emotionally needy pity addicts.
But both of these problems are easy to deal with, I just ignore the pity addicts and rip the arms off of those who poke me.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can stand just about everything.

Except poking and emotionally needy pity addicts.
But both of these problems are easy to deal with, I just ignore the pity addicts and rip the arms off of those who poke me.
*Virtual poke*

Trololo.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
It's funny when people actually make this face in real life . . . except it's usually me lol. I have anger management issues, eh?
If your face looks like that when you are angry, then you have a very impressive talent, my friend. I wish mine could, I imagine it would be very effective in getting my point across lol. Anger management, interesting, I've only met one person with clear anger management issues, he tried to kill his mother with an ax because she said his wife was lazy, aww man, can u imagine? Hopefully yours aren't that bad

·
Banned
560 Posts
This is the result of me seeing a bunch of people acting in a fashion so bad that even the mentally challenged would find it offensive being compared to them.

That's why I come here to ramble, most of the people here are intelligent. Most of my friends are too, but seriously, most of the people my age are too focused on things like "swag" and "yolo", for example. Well, the people that you notice. ExxPs tend to be really vocal and often have a "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME" mentality. Since ESxPs are the more common ones ExxPs (I have no problems with ENxPs . . . well I have some problems with some of the dumber ENxPs, but not most) tend to be vastly over-represented when I analyze a group of people (ENxPs also vastly over-represented, but they were in smaller numbers from the start). ESTPs aren't all that bad once they figure out what the hell they're doing and learn to use Ti (know some who matured faster than others, I swear that it is the difference between a high school dropout and an extremely clever salesperson). I'm sure that ESFPs have their redeeming qualities too, but all they do is talk about things that I tend to find very . . . annoying. Weird little trivial things like the newest pop songs and crap like that (on the other hand, I talk about a bunch of trivial things like historical events that happened thousands of years ago and weird little scientific theories and crap like that, so I guess I'm guilty of that too).
I understand where you're coming from. No worries, this is a good place to vent. Just don't let yourself totally generalize the population of your generation. There are great and shitty people everywhere.

P.S: I'm 19 and still feel the same way about people my own age as I did when I was younger. Unfortunately, stupidity doesn't end with maturity. Gotta learn to love them more than hate them.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Incompetence, people who cannot see the big picture, and people who are stuck in their ways. Basically management where I work would be a prime example.
My boss is also a good example of this, but what is even funnier is that he strongly dislikes people that can't see the big picture either!

·
Registered
339 Posts
People who become depressed when they don't "achieve certain things by a certain age." A lot of my friends are going on and on about this recently because we've been out of college for a year now and all I hear is "wah wah wah, society says I'm stupid/weak/pathetic so that's how it must be so I'm depressed now instead of continuing to work for what I want."

This is just how I have come to interpret these statements of late. I am 65% willing to ditch these friends and find new people to hang out with. I got some very important and immediate problems too, and I don't want to sit here and comfort you on this mental exercise of a problem that is just stupid.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
My boss is also a good example of this, but what is even funnier is that he strongly dislikes people that can't see the big picture either!
I'd say another good way to put it is forward thinking. Being able to anticipate things and act accordingly. We're in the process of spinning our IT department into a separate for profit company. Basically we are a large non-profit clinic and we're in an internal department. This is like a 180 degree turn compared to how we're used to operating and they can't even answer some of the most basic questions. Actually this was supposed to happen tomorrow but they're so unprepared they're pushing it back until January 1rst.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Being paralyzed.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Completely incompetent bosses who try to fire you illegally, and who are actually just a substitute boss for the actual boss who is away on maternity leave. -_-

I can not even tell you the depths to which this woman is incompetent. I know for a fact that I could do my job better than her.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts