Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this thread in the INFP and INTJ forums and decided to kidnap it, drag it here, and force it to work for us.

The question is as follows: if there were a village populated entirely by ENTPs, what would some necessary institutions be?

The first thing that comes to mind for me is a hospital - for when the arguments get physical :p

·
Registered
116 Posts
A brothel.

Reactions: EvanR

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
A village of ENTP's would be wonderful, prosperous and functional, because we ultimately seem to need help and services.

There would be accountants, tax preparers, house cleaners, divorce lawyers, psychologists, emergency medical facilities, plenty of restaurants, cafes, bars, strip clubs, vd clinics, travel agents, a university, cigar bars, free wifi everywhere . . . and some of these places would employ ENTP's, even . . . .

In fact . . . it would look a lot like LA or Seattle . . . .

·
Banned
359 Posts
Wow ENTP village would be fascinating.

It would have the most evolved governance bases on flexibility and freedom. I guess, it would be most democratic and free village.

I could see, we need some high tech institutions to support research on future ideas. May be like human - machine interface.
It could have free internet and wi-fi.
A place like sillicon valley - San Fransisco which is filled with Entrepreneurs. Would resemble this village.
The organizations will be like Google.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
An express route to the INFJ town mediation center
Weed vending machines

Spinny color-changing walls

Lounge

Also, shoopdawhoop face stickers to put on all the magazines

·
Registered
691 Posts
Haha, ENTP World would be a blighted wasteland, nothing would ever run on time, no one would ever want to enforce the rules, the police force would consist of 100,000 detectives and 0 officers, the water supply would be polluted with hubris, there would be no art or philosophy, the streets would be filled with the cacophony of strident and ceaseless bickering, all infrastructure would collapse because no one would show up to work before noon and like the road crews would use their equipment to build blacktop panoramas of scenes from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure instead of filling in potholes, and, finally, without SJs to enforce safety protocols we would immediately start building flux capacitors and death rays in our backyards and blow ourselves up in a week, tops.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Haha, ENTP World would be a blighted wasteland, nothing would ever run on time, no one would ever want to enforce the rules, the police force would consist of 100,000 detectives and 0 officers, the water supply would be polluted with hubris, there would be no art or philosophy, the streets would be filled with the cacophony of strident and ceaseless bickering, all infrastructure would collapse because no one would show up to work before noon and like the road crews would use their equipment to build blacktop panoramas of scenes from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure instead of filling in potholes, and, finally, without SJs to enforce safety protocols we would immediately start building flux capacitors and death rays in our backyards and blow ourselves up in a week, tops.
No art or philosophy? I don't think so.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We would have art like this:

YouTube - Arthur Ganson, Cory's Yellow Chair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUxMhK3NtNM
YouTube - Arthur Ganson Thinking Chair

Arthur Ganson is freaking awesome.

Capitalism or Libertarianism or Anarchy for all.

There would *definitely* be philosophy, and what's more , it would be more well-thought out, unique, brilliant, and widely discussed/debated philosophy than anywhere else.

A comedy club.

An elevator to the moon (you know the ENTP village would be the first to get this up and running).

Interesting thing to note: our ideas consist of very few institutions/buildings/physical features and a lot of socio-political "how things would be run" ideas. I think our village would look physically like a dump, yet be one of the most technologically and culturally advanced societies there is.

·
Registered
691 Posts
*sigh* Extraverts make for terrible, terrible philosophers, as a rule. They're great at being blinded by pride, though. Breakthroughs are made once in a generation by geniuses who ponder within themselves for thousands of hours. None of you is capable of that and you ought to know it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
*sigh* Extraverts make for terrible, terrible philosophers, as a rule. They're great at being blinded by pride, though. Breakthroughs are made once in a generation by geniuses who ponder within themselves for thousands of hours. None of you is capable of that and you ought to know it.
I strongly disagree. Like... really REALLY strongly o_O

I think that's the beauty of an ENTP, is that even while interacting with people and fulfilling their people-oriented drives, our minds are inventing complex solutions to questions no one asked but ourselves. I personally am pondering one philosophical question or another 24/7, even while working, hanging out, writing a report on an unrelated topic, or performing some tedious task. I philosophize more than most introverts I know, and it shows. Almost any time a literature or philosophy professor poses one "novel" ideology, I find I have already considered and drawn conclusions about it, even if I have never heard it "professionally" posed before.

Are you sure you aren't a sensor?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure. Give me an example of a question you've considered and the answer at which you arrived. Reasoning would be useful. I will not be kind.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, pretty sure. Give me an example of a question you've considered and the answer at which you arrived. Reasoning would be useful. I will not be kind.
But if you're an ENTP too, how would it disprove that we can philosophize even if you did overturn one of my conclusions? Wouldn't that merely prove that you were a better philosopher than me?

Reactions: Indiagrace
1 - 20 of 48 Posts