Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This always makes me laugh ^^

So, INFP's may not be most known for bringing things we start through to completion, but I'm curious to know what types of successes you guys have had with sticking with things or bringing things through to completion.

(So, yes, this is a challenge for me but I like to focus on positives to help build my confidence for future pursuits.. :) Here are a few of the things I've stuck with :D )

1) I suppose its nothing phenomenal these days but I earned my bachelors degree and put my all into those 4 years of college to make the most of my college experience. And 7 years after graduating, I work in a similar field related to my degree, and enjoy doing it (even though its not the most lucrative). Its shifted some over the years but I still work in the same general line of work, not necessarily how I intended, but still doing it none-the-less. :)

2) I've tried to invest into maintaining friendships with my closest friends. Many of my friends I've had since adolescence, and some from college. As I've gotten older I've learned that it takes more energy to invest in your friends as people have new obligations and their own lives, but I think its a worthy investment as my friends mean the world to me. I have been tempted, a time or two, to let a disagreement or misunderstanding put an end to a friendship (even just a month or two ago), but really, I just don't want to do that. I want to hold onto them forever if I can, and sucking up my pride once or twice over something that is ultimately petty in the grand scheme of things is fine by me in order to keep them. (though I suppose there is always a limit and balance to this idea) Also, I have grown the guts to speak up more if I've been offended, and I find that this actually has helped me keep one of my friendships stronger because speaking up freed me from resentment. (anyway, sorry tangent)

3) Years back, I promised I was gonna help a friend's younger brother apply for colleges (none of his family has gone to college and his parents don't speak English so he didn't really know where to start) and I did! I didn't flake out! :)

Just trying to focus on the positive here.

What about you? :)
(doesn't have to be anything huge)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
A lot of videogames.

Many pieces of equipment for my reenactment group.

A few websites.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This thread has made me realize that I haven't finished anything I've started, unless related to school or taxes because I'm forced to. D: Now I have to go and ponder this, come up with a list to solve this, start, then never finish it.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Adriana you do lots of art right?? I believe you used to have a tumblr but you deleted it (hoping it's you I'm talking about)... where can I go to see some??!
:-D That's me! There's currently nothing online and haven't done any photography since... January, I think. So there is basically nothing to see. Unless you count surviving as an art. Sorry to disappoint!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well, I've finished school... And video games... And lots of books...

And there's this book I've been writing for years now. I've started and stopped so many times, but now that I have more free time on my hands I plan on finishing it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
- I'm going to finish school next year. As a matter of fact, today next year will be my last day of school:)
- I finished 3 novels, but the last one was years and years ago
- I don't know if this counts but I have the same best friends as I did 11 years ago, and I'm only 16, so.. ;)

Well this list is disappointingly short...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts