Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some issues with someone I have to care for. She does not value personal hygiene. Her bedroom is a total nightmare. Let's just say it is not something you would dare to encounter.

Now, my question is how do I handle this? Usually, I think then I feel. I would get to the root of the cause then figure out a strategy. In the past, I would get rid of the person. (Sending them on their merry little way or simply throwing them out without further explanation.) Many has earned a one way ticket to my black list. (Those people I ignore for life.) Once someone gets on my bad side it's game over.

My sister is possibly an INFJ so she feels then she thinks. Whoever is in her life remains. I have no clue how she manages. And today her word of advice was never to run away from my problems. Since leaving doesn't eliminate the feeling that you feel. She would rather return to the subject and talk things out. I, on the other hand have never done this. When I leave or I get rid of the subject, I can handle the feeling that is there. I can manipulate my thought process with ease to believe the feeling no longer exist. So which way is better? I mean, I do really care about this person.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Cut the BS and tell her that her bedroom is a sty, possibly violating several health codes, and that you would like to enforce a minimum cleanliness standard in order to avoid vermin. If she does not think this is reasonable and you're in a co-habitating situation, it might be best to part ways and find your own space.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved LOL

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've been having some issues with someone I have to care for. She does not value personal hygiene. Her bedroom is a total nightmare. Let's just say it is not something you would dare to encounter.

Now, my question is how do I handle this? Usually, I think then I feel. I would get to the root of the cause then figure out a strategy. In the past, I would get rid of the person. (Sending them on their merry little way or simply throwing them out without further explanation.) Many has earned a one way ticket to my black list. (Those people I ignore for life.) Once someone gets on my bad side it's game over.

My sister is possibly an INFJ so she feels then she thinks. Whoever is in her life remains. I have no clue how she manages. And today her word of advice was never to run away from my problems. Since leaving doesn't eliminate the feeling that you feel. She would rather return to the subject and talk things out. I, on the other hand have never done this. When I leave or I get rid of the subject, I can handle the feeling that is there. I can manipulate my thought process with ease to believe the feeling no longer exist. So which way is better? I mean, I do really care about this person.
Thinking and Feeling are somewhat the same thing. It's just two side of the same coin and I would say one live for the future, one live for the moment. You do what you think is best. I think you should go off and take time to yourself, and think (>.> so hard to give advice) about your situation and go with what you feel is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts