Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear thinkers say I feel way more often than feelers especially when they are trying to describe a group sentiment...e.g. I feel like everyone /or your....

·
Registered
160 Posts
I do say "I feel" a lot, because there are a lot of things I have opinions about. It's just that they are opinions I have formed by logic rather than emotions. Used to express opinion, the phrase "I feel" is really just a matter of semantics.

Thinker's don't not have feelings. They do tend to be more logical feelings. But the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Nomenclature

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hey.... You just believe that you dont have feelings and have difficulty knowing your own/separating them from your deductions. We ALL make decisions based on feelings. But Thinkers use the rational/logical answer/deduction. We must not forget that different answers can be rational when seen from different viewpoint. Since thinkers use /try to use objective viewpoint, they speak more of an "universal" language and often come to the same conclusion.

I myself got some personally devastating information recently. Since it shouldnt effect anyhting in my life really, from a logical standpoint, that was what I deduced and held on to. But some days later I started to feel bad with no apparent reason. Self analysis later, I saw a lot of stuff just coming back at me that was "illogical", but still effected me emotionally.

So even if we try to be vulcan mentats -and often believe we are - we are not impervious to feelings. We just try to not give them attention when they interfere with the rational answers. And as defense....

I am quite worthless when it comes to knowing HOW I FEEL. But I can readily read others.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Both are just functions of the brain and have more to do with behavior than really verbalizations. Thinker's aren't always right just because we use "logic" and such doesn't make us right seeing as our own logic is limited to our own life experiences. So therefore using the words feeling is fairly appropriate when one is unsure.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Personally, I think this is not an indicator.
Personally, I feel this is not an indicator.

Both statements are equally valid depending on the person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts