Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow @PersonalityCafe users,

I have taken the test many times and continue to get 100 % for Thinking (or my "T" letter). I've done a few hours worth of research on my type and T vs F; however, I've yet to figure out whether or not this would hinder me or help me. Opinions? Thoughts (or links to research) are appreciated by both Feelers and Thinkers.

Thank you.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings T100 and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum T100. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts

I have taken the test many times and continue to get 100 % for Thinking (or my "T" letter). I've done a few hours worth of research on my type and T vs F; however, I've yet to figure out whether or not this would hinder me or help me. Opinions? Thoughts (or links to research) are appreciated by both Feelers and Thinkers.

Thank you.
It isn't a problem. It just means that you are aware of your preferences.

Reactions: T100

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts

Thank you.
I'm not sure really, but I score similarly highly in that area. I think I'm at 100% as well, but my recollection isn't so great.
Nonetheless, welcome to PerC.

·
Registered
INTP
438 Posts
Hello fellow Personality Cafe users,

Thank you.
It just means that if your favorite pet were run over by a car in front of your eyes, and your family was crying for you, you would stare at the situation for a moment, perhaps consider cleaning up the blood, and not a single thought of sorry would run through your mind.
... Or am I exaggerating?

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
Hi! We love welcoming new sociopaths to the forum! Totally kidding. Being 100% thinker doesn't mean you have no emotions, those tests are very generic and surface-level. If you score 100% you may either be in denial of having an F at all, or your mind is dominated by rational thought. Both are cool.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You're not alone, in fact I 'm pretty sure the first person(?) who replied to this post shares the same attribute.
Although he may appear inhuman at times he seems to be doing just fine! :wink:

Well, despite what the tests say you really can't be 100% T since our thoughts are influenced by our feelings and vice versa.
Let me put it this way... If you're 100% T then asking this question would make no sense because in a complete Thinkiing perspective all of the information percieved will just be... facts - and thus can not be loaded with opinions such as "good"/"bad".

100% Thinking would be a total robot
100% Feeling would be... Ummm... Reached Nirvana?
We need more or less from both pools to even form an opinion of what's good/bad.
Your curiousity(emotion) drove you to ask this question right?

Hehe excuse me, my late night (F) is causing my overly Thinking mind to try to piss you off.
But then again, being pissed off is a feeling so I guess it shoul not matter with you!

Good night. :mellow:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Scoring 100% does not mean that you lack anything in the opposite side of the scale (S vs N, F vs T, etc.) It only indicates your awareness of your preferences. All thinkers feel, all feelers think, etc. We are discussing a cognitive preference, not an ability to be logical or emotional.

You can score 100% F and be extremely rational and logical in your thought processes (Or T and be a sensitive and emotional person.)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi! We love welcoming new sociopaths to the forum! Totally kidding. Being 100% thinker doesn't mean you have no emotions, those tests are very generic and surface-level. If you score 100% you may either be in denial of having an F at all, or your mind is dominated by rational thought. Both are cool.

@T100
I second @kev's thought. Also, if I may add, I don't consider a 100% on the scale of T as negative. If it has been affecting you negatively though, always know that F can be developed :eek:) I hope to hear from you more around. Cheers!

·
Registered
241 Posts
They're just tests, so while they give you an indication of your type and preferences they don't really mean much in themselves. That being said, scoring 100% isn't is neither good nor bad. If anything it would indicate that you're well aware of your preferences, which is good, because you should develop your strengths. I'd like to know why you think that it might be a hindrance. Are you implying that rational, logical, impersonal and critical thinking is the only thing that you're good at? Are you completely inept on a personal and emotional level?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts