Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone support third parties or Ron Paul?

I wonder if this sort of thing would be popular with INTJs, since on the one hand the third party isn't likely to win, but on the other, it is a kind of 'thinking' thing to do, oftentimes.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm newly able to vote and have yet to exercise that right, but I'm not the kind of person to conform to party ideals. I adopt my own ideals and find a platform that best matches what those are. I strongly oppose both the democrats and the republicans because both are extremely liberal in terms of "classical" American politics, and I do identify as a libertarian of sorts. I'd sooner vote for a third party than either of the two mainstream catastrophies-just-waiting-to-happen.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I did vote for Johnson (with Paul as running-mate), this time, because I wanted to see some of Johnson's ideas added to the debate in the 2016 election. And if he had gotten 5% of the popular vote, there would've been enough funding for that to happen. I also live in a state that was always going to go Democratic, by a large margin. If I lived in a swing state, I would've had to have voted for Obama.

I would never, under any circumstances, wish to see as Ron Paul as president, though. I think that some of his ideas, if implemented, would have catastrophic consequences. I don't mean to say that the two-party system isn't a little moribund, but at least it isn't going to blow up the country in the short term.

Politically, I am a centrist Democrat. Extremely liberal on social issues, mildly conservative on fiscal issues.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I can tell you what I do not support about the US political system, and that's lobbyists, corrupt capitalism, corrupt education, political media, and allowing political entities to have political careers.

I guess you could say I am anti all-of US political parties.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I expected there would be a good amount of diversity in views here. Which turns out to be the case. I personally don't vote out of a conviction that it makes no difference, but that's just me. I'm probably wrong, but I want to believe it makes no difference.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Democracy is the pathetic belief in the collective widsom of individual ignorance.

Reactions: farfaraway

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am pretty libertarian, and I would vote for Ron Paul if I had the chance. I usually vote Republican. For me, the Republicans are the "Cream of the Crap". I don't live in the US anymore and can only vote in presidential elections, we'll see if I'll bother next time....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts