Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

The red is obscuring the landscape :( But it's actually not that bad. Wonder what the area, the mountain is. One of the commonly-known ones? Not that I know many. Man, I have such a hard time figuring out dawn vs dusk sometimes. The red kind of looks like a cape, the white kind of like long white hair (that's not anime-like at all >_>). Did they use a lens for that, or a sort of Photoshop effect? I'd really like to see more of the lake. The picture, overall, has a dreamy quality, like one camped on a hill there and woke up to see that view.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
If there were outward signs—a pop, smoke, etc—my first reaction, both inward and outward, would be, “ARGH what the hell?!” If it were a silent breakdown, my face would pretty much be o_O, with no real inward thought.
After the initial wtf moment, I'd start figuring out what was wrong, even to the point of constantly asking questions and reviewing the situation in my head. But I literally mean initial, because this would happen less than five seconds afterward.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'd likely feel pissed. I didn't sign up for a party, stop assuming I'd enjoy what you would. They'd know I was annoyed, too, but I wouldn't be close to yelling at them. Honestly, I'd probably say “fine whatever,” and never leave their side while there. Can't see myself enjoying a party, if I'm interpreting “afterparty” correctly to mean “random people getting drunk while listening to band's music, all loudly.”

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Inner reaction: “Wow, didn't know he was that stupid.” For what it's worth, I never resort to ad hominems in reality, only in my head.
Outer depends. A lot. I usually go very tight-lipped, and/or walk away, and/or zone out completely. Basically remove myself, if I can. If I decide to engage, which is relatively rare, I'm either hot or cold. I just don't have a good experience with “debates,” since I'm a quiet speaker and have difficulty expressing my thoughts on-the-fly. Ideally, I'd like to understand why they said it (to correct their possible misunderstandings), but I find most people don't... care to explain, they'd rather just yell out their opinions.
There's been plenty of times where I disagree once or twice then just shut up. I've made my opinion known, at least.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
This is too broad -_-
My first reaction to “beliefs” is “values.” Similar answer to above. But I don't know. Seeing something done wrong... I want to say what I would do, but I'm limited in ability. A few people here should know what I mean by this.
Experiences are experiences. They're meant to open your eyes, aren't they? Learn from them? That's what I do with them. In fact, I largely attribute my love for travel (and learning) as a need to experience.
No idea what “habits” refer to in this context. Someone doing something differently than I would? If it's terribly ineffective, I'd want to show them another way. If it works best for them, well, whatever.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Honesty, integrity, compassion. Seeking truth and understanding. Prudence is there somewhere. Tolerance. Yes, I'm using virtues.
Mostly I see how people are screwing up and try to figure out how not to be like them. I mean, I don't claim to be morally pure or wise or whatever, but I see little point in not being the above. Truth be told, some of my values come from figuring out how best to be listened to, how best to interact with people.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?
Despite how aloof I appear, I'm pretty idealistic and compassionate. I'm facetious most of the time, but brutally honest the next. I can't stand tact, but I can't stand being an ass about the truth, either... I'd rather be told a truth harshly than being subject to “tact,” though.
b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
Having the ability to speak my mind. I have no idea how people can throw out a perfectly-formed sentence in conversation, which conveys all they wanted it to. Comfortably, too! Mystery to me.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
My first instinct is to trust them. Then my doubts get in the way. I over-think things...

9. a) What activities energize you most?
Experiencing new things. Being productive. But... I declare “lazy days” a lot, where I do nothing productive, which is also energizing.
b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Conversation. Repetitive tasks. Not having a goal. Being put upon.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Mostly because I'm too lazy to figure out how to express myself. And, similarly, mostly because I know it's too pointless to get the other party to understand (audibly or intellectually).

Other information:
I'm 23 years old, female, and definitely a 6w7. I've been going through a lot of introspection for the past couple years... Really, since I've been about 19. My last "type me" thread was a year ago, located here.
I "specialize" in the Enneagram, but feel free to talk hardcore cognitive functions since I'll probably understand it (I'll ask if I don't). You may comment on my MBTI, tritype, and instinctual variant.

Shameless mentioning: @Spades, @Boss, @JungyesMBTIno, @MrShatter, @LiquidLight, @Somniorum, @Disfigurine, @Seven of Cups, @Overflow ...
I'm missing people xD

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mind was floating around in Enneagram-o-sphere as I read your questionnaire. You know my knowledge of JCF is rather limited, but I think you're an Ni dominant and a Te user.
Oh, you :wink: I don't mind half-cocked theories; I throw out plenty of them, myself. Speaking of Enneagram-o-sphere, I did mention that you (posters) could speak of any of that stuff, too.
Well, one vote for INTJ. Those pesky INTJ stereotypes, man. Why can't I be coldly logical and a robot like all the popular kids? :(

Remembered more peoples! @Swordsman of Mana, @Dark Romantic, @bromide, @Julia Bell, @mushr00m, @Rim, @gestalt ...
Damn my memory.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Eh, well, I don't "specialize" in typing people, unfortunately. Although I have been studying this system longer than the Enneagram. I usually just like to point the person I'm typing to a place that holds useful information, share my opinions, and say they ought to form their own conclusion. x3

I can say that you do seem to be a Thinking type. Either that or you'd probably use Fi because, for whatever reason, Fi can sometimes look like Thinking as opposed to Feeling. Could be spouting nonsense again. XD However, it seems you use Te, not Ti. Why? You just seem to be more objective, I guess. I think I'm actually mixing up what could be Ti with Ni. As for Si, I don't think I see all that much of it. You seem to be Introverted. So I'll go with Ni. Ni+Te. Of course, I'm probably completely biased considering I can see you've typed yourself as INTJ.

Like I said, not the professional typer here. ^_^

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smells like INTJ to me xD
So I'll go with Ni. Ni+Te.
I'm sensing a pattern... Hmm...

I can say that you do seem to be a Thinking type. Either that or you'd probably use Fi because, for whatever reason, Fi can sometimes look like Thinking as opposed to Feeling. Could be spouting nonsense again. XD However, it seems you use Te, not Ti. Why? You just seem to be more objective, I guess. I think I'm actually mixing up what could be Ti with Ni. As for Si, I don't think I see all that much of it. You seem to be Introverted.
Thank you very much for explaining your process, Julia ^_^ Okay, let's see...

Ji/Je: Yeah, that's my problem. I identify a lot with Fi. I identify a lot with Te. But I keep wondering if I'm not using Ti/Fe. I have values and stuff centered around peoples, and I want things to make sense. -_- On the other hand, I can't stand most things that don't make sense in reality, which strikes me as Te-ish.

Pi/Pe: This one has given me the hardest time. I've largely no idea what traits are which perception functions, when applied to myself. I think it's the 6w7ness being all confusing.
Which reminds me! @Owfin, do I use Si? ...How do I find out? :S You're like the Si expert around here, it seems like.

Of course, I'm probably completely biased considering I can see you've typed yourself as INTJ.
Oh. I should fix that. *goes off to fix*
Like I said, not the professional typer here. ^_^
Hey, I thought I told you to have more confidence in your typing ability :p

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I know all about those pesky stereotypes! I don't want to be a pretentious 'arrogant' emotional retard, with a stick up my overrated genius ass either :laughing: :p Perc INTJ sub-forum culture FTW! lofl.

Jokes apart, that's now how I really view INTJs or I wouldn't have typed you as one.

As far as enneagram goes, p6w7-4w5-1w9. The only reason I am going with 4w5 here is that I really don't see any 2/3 in you, whatsoever. Your heart fix is not very apparent.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
After talking to Paradigm a few minutes back, I am considering the possibility of a 9 fix. I am leaning 1w9, but we need to talk more and get a better picture to see how strong/weak the 9 influence is.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Introverted (tis for sure)
Highly intuitive from the look of things (the way you described the picture)
Can't decide on T or F sry....to much of your reasoning seems familiar (maybe cus I'm also 6w7? idk)
\o/ lol J or P is always such a stupid question! I don't know anymore what I am supposed to be looking at.

From functions: Ni and Ne, I also see Fi and Te.

Cutting away all the extroverts leaves us with 8, then cut the sensors and that is 4. Considering u use Fi and Te, the only 2 possibilities are:

INTj or INFP *shrug*

·
Banned
600 Posts
@Rim basically said all I wanted to! =P

Based on your answers and how much we've chatted about... well, anything, I also think you're introverted, intuitive (Ni > Ne most likely) and that you also use Fi and Te, though I'm not sure about the order.

INTJ is the only type that fits my thoughts. If I'm wrong about Ni > Ne, INFP also fits.

... I wish I could tell you something new, haha. xD Good luck with figuring it out, @Paradigm !

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
I don't want to re-say what's been said.. so I have no particularly useful information... I'm definitely seeing some sort of cold idealism though. I don't really have enough to make a confident conclusion.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS EVERYONE FOR POSTING SO FAR!

As far as enneagram goes, p6w7-4w5-1w9. The only reason I am going with 4w5 here is that I really don't see any 2/3 in you, whatsoever. Your heart fix is not very apparent.
[...]
After talking to Paradigm a few minutes back, I am considering the possibility of a 9 fix. I am leaning 1w9, but we need to talk more and get a better picture to see how strong/weak the 9 influence is.
Due to some mildly-sensitive material, I'm going to PM you some specific examples.

But the short version... I feel like the conscience of people around me, half the time. I consider myself largely immature, and not at all that wonderful (my self-confidence is pretty shot, despite the jokes I might make), but the amount of immaturity they show is sometimes astounding. Even the over-40s...

I'm not really one to engage in a pointless fight, though. I'm conflict-avoidant, at the end of the day. I avoid places and people who might disagree with my values. I state my piece and get out if I have to; I notice online that a lot of people call others out for being a jerk, so I tend to groan and walk away instead of engaging. I'm too afraid of criticism or having to "debate." Too limited by my body.

Sometimes, I think my strong 6w7ish self-pres wins out over my 1w9 convictions. Other times I think I'm too soft to be a 1w9, too nice, too lazy. I stick up for the underdog, though, if I feel they can't "handle it."
...Damn 6. See? xD

Highly intuitive from the look of things (the way you described the picture)
I don't feel very intuitive. Keyword feel. When I'm around strong sensors, then yeah, but that's about it.
(I did this whole 6w7 rant, but I want to condense it... Um...)

I find Si hard to understand, when talking to strong Si users; I always have to think of how to reword what I'm explaining. Se, Ne, and Ni are easy enough, overall.
Judging functions, I think strong Ti/Fe users are hard to talk to, too. I might be wrong; they might use Te/Fi. Just... The types I have the most troubles with seem like obvious xxTPs and xNFJs...

But please believe me, I've used this information/realization mostly just to try and communicate better and to understand how they work.

From functions: Ni and Ne, I also see Fi and Te.
Could you say where you saw the Ni? That would be ace. I think I know where the Ne was xD
Any Si, though? I didn't think the questionnaire really allowed for Si, so maybe... not? I don't know. Point is, if I use Ne over Ni, I should be showing some Si. Did you see any?

Based on your answers and how much we've chatted about... well, anything, I also think you're introverted, intuitive (Ni > Ne most likely) and that you also use Fi and Te, though I'm not sure about the order.
INTJ is the only type that fits my thoughts. If I'm wrong about Ni > Ne, INFP also fits.
I like the switch from tert-Fi to dom-Fi. Aren't people supposed to be confused about dom/aux functions? Like, "Am I ExTJ?" and "Am I xSFP?" I think that would be easier... :p

I see Te, Fi, and Ni. I would put Ni as your dom function, so INTJ.
I'm going to ask you, too! Where did you see the Ni? I keep getting confused on Ni vs Ne vs Si, so I'm curious.

I don't want to re-say what's been said.. so I have no particularly useful information... I'm definitely seeing some sort of cold idealism though. I don't really have enough to make a confident conclusion.
What sort of information would you like? You could check out my old thread, if you want; I linked it. I answered it generally enough that my views haven't changed much over the year (I'm possibly a little bit more self-aware). If you have any questions or want more info, just ask; I'll be happy to answer.
You're right, though. I call myself a cynical idealist or an idealistic cynic, depending on the day xD

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not a fan of tests, at all, but if you want...

My last function test (a month ago) came out as:
Fi - Te - Ti - Ni - Ne - Si - Fe - Se
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.71
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||| 7.24
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||| 6.38
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||| 6.29
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||| 5.65
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||| 2.47
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) || -0.7
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.52

It was the Timeless one. I'm not a fan of the K2C one, but I think the last result was Fi-Te-Ne-Ti-Ni... something. The way they define Ni as "every ah-ha moment ever" grates on my nerves. I know it's more than that.
A few times, I did test as Ni-Te-Fi. That was last summer/fall. Before that, prior to mid-2011, I tested as Fi-Ne.

On dichotomy tests, I always type as INxP. I'm being literal about that x, it's always 55% on either side. I test as 80% P because I'm lazy and messy; I realize this is a crappy way of putting what "perceiving" is. It's the main reason I prefer CFs to MBTI. But I haven't read Jung; I find his style way too hard to read.

I'm very open to any type. I've been considering ISFP for a while now. I thought maybe I could be mistaking... something... as not being aux-Se. Not sure what :p

·
Banned
600 Posts
I like the switch from tert-Fi to dom-Fi. Aren't people supposed to be confused about dom/aux functions? Like, "Am I ExTJ?" and "Am I xSFP?" I think that would be easier... :p
What can I say, you break the mold. One could still use a tertiary function frequently if it's developed enough I guess, though I doubt one can avoid feeling exhausted in the end.

As for Ni, you seem to really trust your hunches and feelings and you don't feel the need to share them with other people (unlike Ne). Yes, you do have your doubts but I've never seen you express them openly. You're one smart 6 in my opinion. :3

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I certainly will: you've caught me in a good mood today. :wink:

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
If there were outward signs—a pop, smoke, etc—my first reaction, both inward and outward, would be, “ARGH what the hell?!” If it were a silent breakdown, my face would pretty much be o_O, with no real inward thought.
After the initial wtf moment, I'd start figuring out what was wrong, even to the point of constantly asking questions and reviewing the situation in my head. But I literally mean initial, because this would happen less than five seconds afterward.
Once you found out what was wrong, how would you decide what to do?

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'd likely feel pissed. I didn't sign up for a party, stop assuming I'd enjoy what you would. They'd know I was annoyed, too, but I wouldn't be close to yelling at them. Honestly, I'd probably say “fine whatever,” and never leave their side while there. Can't see myself enjoying a party, if I'm interpreting “afterparty” correctly to mean “random people getting drunk while listening to band's music, all loudly.”
Why would you consider going home, rather than the afterparty? Wouldn't there be a good chance at having a good time if you went?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Inner reaction: “Wow, didn't know he was that stupid.” For what it's worth, I never resort to ad hominems in reality, only in my head.
Outer depends. A lot. I usually go very tight-lipped, and/or walk away, and/or zone out completely.
Basically remove myself, if I can. If I decide to engage, which is relatively rare, I'm either hot or cold. I just don't have a good experience with “debates,” since I'm a quiet speaker and have difficulty expressing my thoughts on-the-fly. Ideally, I'd like to understand why they said it (to correct their possible misunderstandings), but I find most people don't... care to explain, they'd rather just yell out their opinions.
There's been plenty of times where I disagree once or twice then just shut up. I've made my opinion known, at least.
The bolded suggests Ni+Te. If it were Ne+Ti, for example, your instinct would be to engage the other person's point of view and deconstruct it, in the hopes of arriving at a greater understanding between the two of you, or to show the other person why they are wrong and you are right (depending on your mood). Ni+Te comes to the truth on its own, and then decides if it will serve any purpose to act on that truth. If not, an INTJ will be content to leave it alone and move on. If so, an INTJ will try to implement or communicate the ideal process they have established until it no longer makes sense to continue with the goal in mind.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
This is too broad -_-
My first reaction to “beliefs” is “values.” Similar answer to above. But I don't know. Seeing something done wrong... I want to say what I would do, but I'm limited in ability. A few people here should know what I mean by this.
Experiences are experiences. They're meant to open your eyes, aren't they? Learn from them? That's what I do with them. In fact, I largely attribute my love for travel (and learning) as a need to experience.
No idea what “habits” refer to in this context. Someone doing something differently than I would? If it's terribly ineffective, I'd want to show them another way. If it works best for them, well, whatever.
The bolded is also Ni+Te. The first two sentences are Ni, visualizing the best way forward, the third sentence is Te, deciding that the goal of persuading the other person is no longer logical and should be abandoned. If it were Ne, you would be more likely to try their way than show them your own. On top of that, if you DID decide to show them another way, you would be less likely to drop it without much fanfare, and more likely to puzzle over why someone wouldn't want to open their mind and try something new.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Honesty, integrity, compassion. Seeking truth and understanding. Prudence is there somewhere. Tolerance. Yes, I'm using virtues.
Mostly I see how people are screwing up and try to figure out how not to be like them. I mean, I don't claim to be morally pure or wise or whatever, but I see little point in not being the above. Truth be told, some of my values come from figuring out how best to be listened to, how best to interact with people.
That also sounds like Ni+Te, though more Te than Ni. Ne users aren't really concerned with screwing up one process, provided they can still see viable alternatives that will achieve the desired outcome. The second is indicative of Te, rather than Ti; Ti is concerned with limiting the person's available means to the most logical ones, and then, expanding from there. A Ti dom who had come to that conclusion would be more fixed in that regard, and would think of not being honest, having integrity, etc. as illogical, and thus, not to be considered. Te is concerned with choosing the best goal according to what will engender the greatest profit: it's not about limiting means, it is only concerned with the end result. Your statement here implies that you consider these virtues as useful means to an end, not an end in themselves.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?
Despite how aloof I appear, I'm pretty idealistic and compassionate. I'm facetious most of the time, but brutally honest the next. I can't stand tact, but I can't stand being an ass about the truth, either... I'd rather be told a truth harshly than being subject to “tact,” though.
This seems like Ni+Te, with a fair bit of Fi showing through. Not enough for me to consider it in an aux or dominant position, though. Ni+Te+Fi is a combination that would prefer brutal, honest truth to a lie meant to preserve harmony.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
My first instinct is to trust them. Then my doubts get in the way. I over-think things...
Intuition, and E6.

9. a) What activities energize you most?
Experiencing new things. Being productive. But... I declare “lazy days” a lot, where I do nothing productive, which is also energizing.
Interesting. How would you define being productive? What kinds of new things do you like to experience?

b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Conversation. Repetitive tasks. Not having a goal. Being put upon.
What happens when you DO have a goal?

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Mostly because I'm too lazy to figure out how to express myself. And, similarly, mostly because I know it's too pointless to get the other party to understand (audibly or intellectually).
Ni+Te. Well, the beginning is just introversion, but the second is how Te works with Ni, so it's fair to assume that the first sentence is referring to Ni.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What can I say, you break the mold. One could still use a tertiary function frequently if it's developed enough I guess, though I doubt one can avoid feeling exhausted in the end.

As for Ni, you seem to really trust your hunches and feelings and you don't feel the need to share them with other people (unlike Ne). Yes, you do have your doubts but I've never seen you express them openly. You're one smart 6 in my opinion. :3
Wow, do I seriously come off as that non-doubting? What the hell am I doing to appear that way? My head is a proverbial circus of doubts. I think @Seven of Cups and @Somniorum has seen some of it, and @Boss.
I consider posting this thread as proof of my being doubting, and the fact that I use qualifiers in every sentence... And admitting that I just don't know things...

Also, thanks for calling me smart xD

I certainly will: you've caught me in a good mood today.
You are indeed awesome. Super mega epic awesome. (Oh, and 1337.)

Once you found out what was wrong, how would you decide what to do?
Figure out the best way to fix it xD
In other troubleshooting cases, I have been known to experiment with ways of doing things. Hurt myself doing that a few times. But probably not with a car in the middle of no where; I don't like being stranded.

Why would you consider going home, rather than the afterparty? Wouldn't there be a good chance at having a good time if you went?
Because I don't like people and I find (drinking) parties to be vaguely pathetic and an overload of all senses. And social anxiety and other stuff. The way I deal with "social gatherings" is to sit in the corner and read a book.
A chance I'll enjoy myself? Sure, but rather doubtful. I find people don't have the patience to keep up a conversation with me (not intellectually; I have a speech disability), and why bother going if there's no conversation. I know it sounds weird since I keep saying I hate talking to people, but isn't that what social gatherings are for?

The bolded suggests Ni+Te. If it were Ne+Ti, for example, your instinct would be to engage the other person's point of view and deconstruct it, in thehopes of arriving at a greater understanding between the two of you, or to show the other person why they are wrong and you are right (depending on your mood). Ni+Te comes to the truth on its own, and then decides if it will serve any purpose to act on that truth. If not, an INTJ will be content to leave it alone and move on. If so, an INTJ will try to implement or communicate the ideal process they have established until it no longer makes sense to continue with the goal in mind.
It depends on how deep I held the belief, I think. If it's a random one that could pretty easily be challenged, I'd really want to know why they thought that way (like you mentioned with Ne+Ti). If it's something I hold deeply, I'd definitely go the Ni+Te way.
Let's take religion. I was very curious, especially when I was younger, on why people wanted to believe in it. I don't really care if they do or not, since it's largely a personal decision, I just like to know why. But the minute one uses religion as an excuse to demean a group of people (for example), then I get all RAWR. The former is not important; the latter is.

The bolded is also Ni+Te. The first two sentences are Ni, visualizing the best way forward, the third sentence is Te, deciding that the goal of persuading the other person is no longer logical and should be abandoned. If it were Ne, you would be more likely to try their way than show them your own. On top of that, if you DID decide to show them another way, you would be less likely to drop it without much fanfare, and more likely to puzzle over why someone wouldn't want to open their mind and try something new.
When people suggest a new way of doing things, I automatically run it through something like a mental simulator to see if it'll likely work xD (Actually, this is important; I do this with all new experiences.)
I think I drop teaching others just because I get impatient. I have a three-max "rule" for my patience... Three strikes and you're out.
But I don't know... I do get confused when people can't comprehend that there's more than one way of doing things or more than one outlook on life. How sheltered do you have to be to believe that? I guess it took me a while to realize this myself, though (then again, I'm only 23).

That also sounds like Ni+Te, though more Te than Ni. Ne users aren't really concerned with screwing up one process, provided they can still see viable alternatives that will achieve the desired outcome. The second is indicative of Te, rather than Ti; Ti is concerned with limiting the person's available means to the most logical ones, and then, expanding from there. A Ti dom who had come to that conclusion would be more fixed in that regard, and would think of not being honest, having integrity, etc. as illogical, and thus, not to be considered. Te is concerned with choosing the best goal according to what will engender the greatest profit: it's not about limiting means, it is only concerned with the end result. Your statement here implies that you consider these virtues as useful means to an end, not an end in themselves.
Hm. I agree with the Te bit. Confused on the Ne bit. I hate screwing up when it comes to interpersonal relationships; it feels like such a failure. I feel so bad when I cause suffering to someone, even if it's inadvertent... Though luckily most of my guilt goes away the second I feel like they "deserved" some harsh truth, which is pretty often.
When it comes to trying new stuff out, and it's not interpersonal? In a way I think I'm used to screwing up on the first try. If I can't get it right by three tries or so, I tend to give up, or walk away and try again later.

Interesting. How would you define being productive? What kinds of new things do you like to experience?
Productive: Just... doing things. Working on something I care about. I really like volunteering, since it's a cause I believe in. But most days, since I'm unemployed and not in school atm, it ends up being boring things like house chores.
Experience: As I mentioned, travel. New foods, new restaurants/shops. Exploring. Learning stuff. I couldn't do this every day--except for the learning--but I get a kick out of it. If I don't experience new things periodically, I get restless.
Edit: I should mention that I have an ExTP friend which has been getting on my back lately about... automatically turning new things down? I'm not sure where he got that from, tbh. I can see his point in that I'm hesitant about things and will deny to try if my "mental simulator" says no, but I also make a point to try new things at least once (if not thrice). *shrugs* It's 3:30am, I hope that made sense.

What happens when you DO have a goal?
I very much prefer short-term goals. Not baby-steps; I hate baby-steps. But doing "big projects" in under a month, or doing "small projects" in a day (or maybe a week). I get very disinterested if I have no feedback or no "reward" while doing something.

I'm trying to plan a weekend trip with some females in my family. Two of them are ESFPs. It's a month away (ish). They can't tell me what weekend will be good for them, so I can't really book hotels or (loosely, mind) plan anything. I'm annoyed.
Seems Je-ish :p

Ni+Te. Well, the beginning is just introversion, but the second is how Te works with Ni, so it's fair to assume that the first sentence is referring to Ni.
An INFJ and me lamented about conversing with Ni, and this came up. I'm kinda happy it sounds like Ni to someone else, too :p

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Oh man. I was so busy enjoying the hell out of what you wrote to look into your functions too intensely the first go-around. **laughs and enjoys you so much as a person, albeit aware that this makes you feel the smallest bit of discomfort** xP~

Breezing for a second look, I think you're an INTJ as well- simply rare to find one who embodies that 7-ish wing essence that makes you so amazingly easy to talk to, and your healthy 1 fix (7-int; both together) really eases up on the NT's typically cold and brutal stereotype therein.

Although whenever I see you, I gotta admit that I still think of you as an INTFJ, where the F stands for FP rather than FJ- because I refuse to believe that you can be confined to just one type! ;)

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh man. I was so busy enjoying the hell out of what you wrote to look into your functions too intensely the first go-around. **laughs and enjoys you so much as a person, albeit aware that this makes you feel the smallest bit of discomfort** xP~

Breezing for a second look, I think you're an INTJ as well- simply rare to find one who embodies that 7-ish wing essence that makes you so amazingly easy to talk to, and your healthy 1 fix (7-int; both together) really eases up on the NT's typically cold and brutal stereotype therein.

Although whenever I see you, I gotta admit that I still think of you as an INTFJ, where the F stands for FP rather than FJ- because I refuse to believe that you can be confined to just one type! ;)
*awkward shuffle* *rubs back of my neck* Thank you. *cough, blush*

Yes, I do consider both of my wings to be fairly strong, and obviously my w7 is stronger. I've used the "harmless" vibe I put off before, for various non-evil reasons. It helps. People call me cute, then ignore me xD
After talking to Boss, I'm more certain (again :p) that I'm a 1w9-fixer.
I'm actually happy I'm seen as easy to talk to and non-brutal. Except when I accidentally alienate people (such as that ESFJ I told you about).

I told @Overflow once that I was considering putting my sig as "INTJ/ISFP." The idea of suggesting I straddle two types annoys me, though. Geez, perhaps I am a Judger.

----
Funny thing:
A couple of weeks ago, I realized how much of my life is centered around the concept of "experiments." Have an idea of a new way of things? Call it an experiment and test it out! It'll be fun and it might work--or we might lose our legs. Well, whatever, let's do it anyway.

I only realized it a week after I told my mom, "So, I'd like to propose an experiment..." about a life-learning event. Then it was like, "Oh. That's pretty much my entire mindset before I hurt myself from an 'exciting idea.'"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts