Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.

Have you ever been the one who's the ultimate justice fighter? Who always wants to be fair with everybody and everything? I mean even in situations like : friend asks you for a homework and you don't want to give it to him, because if you give it, then he'll learn nothing and just use your hard work to get straight A?

Also like 2-3 days ago I witnessed a horrible scene.

So I'm still in high school. I was in cafeteria and I saw that the usual lady that sells buns/cupcakes was taking them out of the oven with just hands, no gloves, no polyethylene bags. That's clearly not allowed by any sanitary means. So I called her out on that and after a little discussion she said "Oh, well nobody's pushing cupcakes down your throat, if you don't want them, don't buy them!". WTF?! Seriously? That's your comeback after doing a serious sanitary offence? We talked trash for like 2min Then principals secretary came in and joined our discussion, then she sided with HER! I was sitting with a couple of classmates and one of them sided with her too WTF?!?! I just raged inside with force of thousand suns. It's so fucking retarded. What the fuck?! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WORLD?! How even that is possible? HOW?! Tell me, please.

I was overthrown with argument that if I don't want to buy cupcakes that were touched by her, possibly, not washed hands with all kinds of bacteria, then I just don't buy them and don't make a scene about it and 2 people sided with that.

Tomorrow I'm going to principal and telling her all this.

Am I wrong for thinking that she should use gloves to put cupcakes in polyethylene bags?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hello there.

Have you ever been the one who's the ultimate justice fighter? Who always wants to be fair with everybody and everything? I mean even in situations like : friend asks you for a homework and you don't want to give it to him, because if you give it, then he'll learn nothing and just use your hard work to get straight A?

So I'm still in high school. I was in cafeteria and I saw that the usual lady that sells buns/cupcakes was taking them out of the oven with just hands, no gloves, no polyethylene bags. That's clearly not allowed by any sanitary means. So I called her out on that and after a little discussion she said "Oh, well nobody's pushing cupcakes down your throat, if you don't want them, don't buy them!". WTF?! Seriously? That's your comeback after doing a serious sanitary offence? We talked trash for like 2min Then principals secretary came in and joined our discussion, then she sided with HER! I was sitting with a couple of classmates and one of them sided with her too WTF?!?! I just raged inside with force of thousand suns. It's so fucking retarded. What the fuck?! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WORLD?! How even that is possible? HOW?! Tell me, please.

I was overthrown with argument that if I don't want to buy cupcakes that were touched by her, possibly, not washed hands with all kinds of bacteria, then I just don't buy them and don't make a scene about it and 2 people sided with that.

Am I retarded for thinking that she should use gloves to put cupcakes in polyethylene bags?
I agree with you wanting to maintain logical harmony in the universe, but I disagree with hands touching food being a necessarily bad thing. I think underexposing ourselves to bacteria isn't good for our health overall because of a lack of resistance being built up in your body. There are germs everywhere and we can't control that. I haven't gotten sick once from not washing my hands and eating food. I just don't see a causal connection.

And the germs that populate surface areas like hands and metal surfaces tend to be more benign and low energy than those that exist in a source where there is a lot of food for them to eat, such as in water or in inside spinach or meat. That's why it's more important to treat or cook the latter.

·
Registered
450 Posts
She could have scratched her ass, picked her nose, gently poked a cat's asshole, and absentmindedly sneezed into her hand. She could just as easily do the same things with gloved hands...

This isn't to say I don't have some problems with sanitation because there are reports of various super bacteria/viruses due to overuse of meds and poor farming conditions. I just don't see the efforts really solving anything though I do like the thought and effort.

A better approach would be to appeal to their more emotional side. I'd probably walk up acting all subdued and just gently state that I wasn't implying she is gross or dirty and not meaning to start a big scene or cause a bit fight and that I was just concerned because its a fact that people get sick from badly handled food and some other drivel that will appeal some emotional crap.

·
Banned
459 Posts
Fighting for principles isn't my cup of tea, I usually detach myself from that kind of business. Losing an argument, though, such as in your case, would piss me off to no end. Nothing to do with justice, were it me, but more about having them acknowledge that I'm right.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you wanting to maintain logical harmony in the universe, but I disagree with hands touching food being a necessarily bad thing. I think underexposing ourselves to bacteria isn't good for our health overall because of a lack of resistance being built up in your body. There are germs everywhere and we can't control that. I haven't gotten sick once from not washing my hands and eating food. I just don't see a causal connection.

And the germs that populate surface areas like hands and metal surfaces tend to be more benign and low energy than those that exist in a source where there is a lot of food for them to eat, such as in water or in inside spinach or meat. That's why it's more important to treat or cook the latter.
It's retarded, you are probably a walking germ and bacteria infested bastard. Yeah fuck the washing hands crap, why would doctors before operations wash and sterilize shit if they can simply not do it? It's all on hands, they're not bringing badly cooked steak there, right? It'll just help the immune system of patient. C'mon man...

Why wash hands?

!helps minimize the spread of influenza.
!diarrhea prevention.
!avoiding respiratory infections.
!a preventive measure for infant deaths at their home-birth-deliveries.

Hand washing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Babies will die if you don't wash hands.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Oh I usually use their logic against them "sanitary rule breaking" is fine? Then I guess rules are null and void.
-steals every cheeseburger in front of them-
What? They're just cheeseburgers, I'm shoving it down my throat, therefore I want it, therefore no one's forcing me, therefore it's good. Apparently.
-laughs-

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It's retarded, you are probably a walking germ and bacteria infested bastard. Yeah fuck the washing hands crap, why would doctors before operations wash and sterilize shit if they can simply not do it? It's all on hands, they're not bringing badly cooked steak there, right? It'll just help the immune system of patient. C'mon man...

Why wash hands?

!helps minimize the spread of influenza.
!diarrhea prevention.
!avoiding respiratory infections.
!a preventive measure for infant deaths at their home-birth-deliveries.

Hand washing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Babies will die if you don't wash hands.
No need to get judgmental. Why are you so mad?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Dude,@TAHTGUY, seriously .... washing hands was your problem. I'm Completely with @Magnificent Bastard on this one. I'm all about the use of a logical argument winning things out in the end, but seriously .... wearing gloves and washing hands?? You must be somewhere between your mid-teens and mid-20's. You youngins are the only normal people who actually care about that crap to such an irrational level. What about the fact that lack of exposure to bacteria causes decreased performance of the immune system. Holy crap, I don't know if some of you germaphobic kids could last through a single whole week living through the 80's. You would shit yourself if you saw how people in kitchens handled food for us back then .... but guess what .... we're still alive.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Hello there.

Am I wrong for thinking that she should use gloves to put cupcakes in polyethylene bags?
You must be having a bad day. Can I offer you a cupcake?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

·
Registered
545 Posts
of course you gotta fight for your right to party.

Reactions: Ann Kane

·
Registered
155 Posts
so much mad in this thread.
Did you consider that maybe some of them agreed with your logic but shied away from your side because you came on a little strong or were perhaps a little mean/tactless?
Just because we don't really HAVE to use our extraverted feeling as much as some other personalities doesn't mean that we should simply cast it aside.
Chill out dude, you'll be happier that way. Not giving a shit is one of our greatest strengths.
I totally agree that she shouldn't have been touching those cupcakes with bare hands, but ultimately, it just isn't worth the battle. I don't expect the principal will side with you over one of their employees, that would really just be terrible management.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hello there.

Ok, I am 38 and I have some of the same thoughts as you so either we are both crazy or...we are both crazy. But I am ENFP and not ENTP. Im just here to come to your rescue.

Hell no, I don't want your cupcake you just touched with the hand you just used to wipe yourself with 30 minutes ago. But I am weirdo when it comes to germs and realize that my thoughts regarding it are often irrational. Im a little freaky when it comes to germs even though I realize I don't have much control over them.

BUT, really, don't get too worked up over it. I don't know if you have to go to the principal or anything unless you really feel you must. But if it were me then I know I would feel that I must take it that one step further and research what the LAW says so that they don't have a leg to stand on. If there isn't a law that states the food handling standard for "cupcake handling with bare hands" then don't bother because you will be just be blowing hot air and at that point you can just focus on wrapping your mind around eating "butt handled cupcakes". However, if there is a law...then feel free to hit that ball out of the field.

Here batter, batter, batter...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ok, I am 38 and I have some of the same thoughts as you so either we are both crazy or...we are both crazy. But I am ENFP and not ENTP. Im just here to come to your rescue.

Hell no, I don't want your cupcake you just touched with the hand you just used to wipe yourself with 30 minutes ago. But I am weirdo when it comes to germs and realize that my thoughts regarding it are often irrational. Im a little freaky when it comes to germs even though I realize I don't have much control over them.

BUT, really, don't get too worked up over it. I don't know if you have to go to the principal or anything unless you really feel you must. But if it were me then I know I would feel that I must take it that one step further and research what the LAW says so that they don't have a leg to stand on. If there isn't a law that states the food handling standard for "cupcake handling with bare hands" then don't bother because you will be just be blowing hot air and at that point you can just focus on wrapping your mind around eating "butt handled cupcakes". However, if there is a law...then feel free to hit that ball out of the field.

Here batter, batter, batter...
Honestly though if you anti-germ people could see what goes on in the kitchens at your favorite restaurants (that you think are clean), or at the processing plants for your groceries ... or even on the farms where they grow the food, you would never eat again. Even with the sanitation laws in place people in kitchens do things that would gross you right the hell out. How do you think the chief at that Italian restaurant gets his sauce to taste perfect EVERY time ... he samples it off his stirring spoon, and the starts stirring again.

Really the question isn't about whether it's happening or not. It's about whether you're SEEING it happen or not. And if it's gonna happen either way, what the hell is the difference if you see it or not.

Reactions: Magnificent Bastard

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
so much mad in this thread.
Did you consider that maybe some of them agreed with your logic but shied away from your side because you came on a little strong or were perhaps a little mean/tactless?
Just because we don't really HAVE to use our extraverted feeling as much as some other personalities doesn't mean that we should simply cast it aside.
Chill out dude, you'll be happier that way. Not giving a shit is one of our greatest strengths.
I totally agree that she shouldn't have been touching those cupcakes with bare hands, but ultimately, it just isn't worth the battle. I don't expect the principal will side with you over one of their employees, that would really just be terrible management.
I know mean, that wasn't mean, what I would've done was mean.
Honestly, go big or go home, if you're going to get rule shivved.
Rule nuke them.
They get mad, they can't take it to court, and you get free cheeseburgers, that might or might not have been touched by bear hands.

If you don't know how to get away from that situation.
Disappoint.

Honestly though if you anti-germ people could see what goes on in the kitchens at your favorite restaurants (that you think are clean), or at the processing plants for your groceries ... or even on the farms where they grow the food, you would never eat again. Even with the sanitation laws in place people in kitchens do things that would gross you right the hell out. How do you think the chief at that Italian restaurant gets his sauce to taste perfect EVERY time ... he samples it off his stirring spoon, and the starts stirring again.

Really the question isn't about whether it's happening or not. It's about whether you're SEEING it happen or not. And if it's gonna happen either way, what the hell is the difference if you see it or not.
The difference is you can be all anal about it and sue?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The difference is you can be all anal about it and sue?
Law suite's are for sad little people who can't handle their business on their own. I handle my own problems thank you very much .... because I'm not pathetic :) hehe

And why's everything always gotta come back to the topic of "anal" with you man :p rofl

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Law suite's are for sad little people who can't handle their business on their own. I handle my own problems thank you very much .... because I'm not pathetic :) hehe

And why's everything always gotta come back to the topic of "anal" with you man :p rofl
Because Pizza.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Because Pizza.
didn't we just have a conversation involving pizza and asses the other day?? .... or was that someone else?? LoL

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts