Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Female INTJ here, type 8w7. He is an INTJ, type 5w6. I am on the path to become a MD — with a strong focus in psychiatry. He will either get a chemistry or physics degree, or decide to stay another 14 years in the CG with a business degree.

We “speak one another’s language.”

Completely unexpected, but we do build one another up and we’ve gotten past our egocentric stage - of course that still lingers though. Also — we have learned that emotions aren’t a weakness?!

Thoughts? Doubts?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Female INTJ here, type 8w7. He is an INTJ, type 5w6. I am on the path to become a MD — with a strong focus in psychiatry. He will either get a chemistry or physics degree, or decide to stay another 14 years in the CG with a business degree.

We “speak one another’s language.”

Completely unexpected, but we do build one another up and we’ve gotten past our egocentric stage - of course that still lingers though. Also — we have learned that emotions aren’t a weakness?!

Thoughts? Doubts?
INTJ here, 40 years old. First good for you, hope you both get along pretty well on the years to come.

Second, my comment is regarding "intj" thing. A lot of people talk about intjs in the wrong ways, and the worst damage to intj reputation is how "some intjs" talk about the type. Egocentric? that's not intj, and if is just a way of saying, it hurts the reputation feeding the idea that there is indeed a problem with egocentricity, in fact in general most mature intjs rarely talk about their stuff or achievements, and it's widely known how many rarely (like never) talk about how much money they made. Emotions? weaknesses? I disagree, and saying it like that sounds like intjs consider emotions like weaknesses, not good.

There was an old thread on intjforum where a lot of intjs discussed the sad fact that a lot of people read "isolation" oh I'm intj. "struggling with emotions?" oh I'm intj. Problems or issues struggling with relationships? oh I'm intj. In fact there was a very nice and detailed call to attention (with links) on people coming from suicidan tendencies and also socio/psychopathic threads saying "oh social stuff problems, I'm intj" the thing is the profiles of intj or description don't say that, but people create approximations of the concepts to their ways of living concluding "oh intjs are smart, them I'm one". They were not actually testing as intjs, and many were just near. "WTF you are wrong, here I prove it", in a rude way that's how many see intjs, and being one (in my own skin, knowing several) well, many intjs don't behave like that, just jerks regarding type, so even there at intjforum there are a lot of false intjs.

I felt good when I discovered how many traits fit the way I am, but I wasn't entirely happy "oh I'm INTJ" when I first had contact with this, what I'm saying is just like any type is not perfect description, I don't get how many read it and get so happy about it and use it as a "oh this what I am".

Another thing is how sometimes entjs, intjs and even enfps, can fall into the serial number problem, like "hey this person is INTJ type B, sub C, region #3, GPS location 123.123 / 2.123, like it means something really, really relevant regarding compatibility, getting along or "hey, this machine part goes with mine", well that again make intjs sound like robots, not humans. I know some people (like I said here) do this but that's just a stage in their exploring, not the way things work.

I would like to have that link at hand, and seriously no personal negative intention to your thread, but honestly being intj and note quite young anymore, I read stuff like this and say to myself "no way". Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts