Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tried skydiving. It is the only thing I ever done where I am in the moment the most. Imagine how that is for an ENFP...:shocked::happy:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Tried skydiving. It is the only thing I ever done where I am in the moment the most. Imagine how that is for an ENFP...:shocked::happy:
OMG i literally get pee-my-pants excited at the idea of skydiving.. that's right down my street. I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but i think that's more enneagram related than mbti related..

having said that, there is something about adrenaline sports that allows you to be totally in the physical moment that i do enjoy, even though it's not my typical way of being and not something i would enjoy continuously; even if i can't resist conceptualising it a bit while i'm experiencing it too.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
OMG i literally get pee-my-pants excited at the idea of skydiving.. that's right down my street. I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but i think that's more enneagram related than mbti related..

having said that, there is something about adrenaline sports that allows you to be totally in the physical moment that i do enjoy, even though it's not my typical way of being and not something i would enjoy continuously; even if i can't resist conceptualising it a bit while i'm experiencing it too.
Yes. I did enough jumps to know something about what that means..I mean becoming an adrenalin junkie..literally.. that is what happens to most people entering that sport. It is purely an addiction.

Even if being in the moment and enjoying this like nothing else, to the extent where just thinking about it makes me want to go back to that sport, I almost feared most the ENFP distracted mind...

But if you really want to experience what it means to be so nervous that the physical pain prevents you from sleeping before that very first jump, and knowing what it means to drop yourself from an airplane at 4000 meters, then go for it.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Yes. I did enough jumps to know something about what that means..I mean becoming an adrenalin junkie..literally.. that is what happens to most people entering that sport. It is purely an addiction.

Even if being in the moment and enjoying this like nothing else, to the extent where just thinking about it makes me want to go back to that sport, I almost feared most the ENFP distracted mind...

But if you really want to experience what it means to be so nervous that the physical pain prevents you from sleeping before that very first jump, and knowing what it means to drop yourself from an airplane at 4000 meters, then go for it.
i do kayaking, and while i´m not saying that skydiving isn´t more intense, there´s definitely a certain amount of sleeplessness and paralysing anticipation involved in that as well.. it´s that thing of being so scared to do something that if you allowed yourself to think about it you´d change your mind, and then doing it anyway that is what´s brilliant about it.

i genuinely believe that adrenaline sports add something to your life in general though.. the mental strength to be able to have faith that you could enjoy something which you feel with every sinue of your being will be a horrible experience in the immediate preceding moments makes you almost invincible in the face of life´s challenges. it´s almost the more scared you are the more beneficial it is for you.

it´s the feeling- it´s relatively easy to jump out of a plane practically, whereas it´s sometimes extremely difficult to push through life´s hardest challenges, but if you´re so scared that you´re actually feeling like you prefer the life challenges in that moment, you take that ability to override your doubts with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts