Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't know about you guys, and the main girl was cute, but my type that i would have gone for was her friend in the yellow top and blue jacket..

but then what am i saying? i'm 21, probably just a sliver too old lol.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i don't know about you guys, and the main girl was cute, but my type that i would have gone for was her friend in the yellow top and blue jacket..

but then what am i saying? i'm 21, probably just a sliver too old lol.
Once you hit 20 high school girls are off limits :eek: whatever happened to the 2 year rule?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once you hit 20 high school girls are off limits :eek: whatever happened to the 2 year rule?
i go by the "halve, then add 7" rule.. by which case mine would be 17.5 lol.

it's funny- if you're both working and you're 21 dating a 17 year old it's pretty ok- if you're at uni dating a highschooler it's suddenly crossing the line. personally i think the half+7 rule is about right, and i'd put my limit at 18.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Hahahahah!!!! Oh man!! He looks so much like an ENFP guy friend of mine... who would TOTALLY do that too!! XD

·
Registered
487 Posts
Oh dear Lord. xD I just laughed so hard I scared the dog. "Oh haeeel yeaaa" Someone give this brave young man a Klondike Bar.

·
Registered
930 Posts
not that i'm advocating it in any way, but it's 16 in the UK. lol that's so weird, 16 seems like a child to me now- man i'm getting old.
Even scarier in some European countries like holland it's 14 >.< I'd not even had my first kiss till I was 14 :L

·
Registered
336 Posts
this really cheered me up. hahhhAhaah that kid was pretty cute too. I wish i had somebody twerk all up in ma grill to ask me, the guy who asked me did it in math class....

·
Registered
930 Posts
This sent me on a asking people to prom video spree, the shit they're doing is ridiculous xD

For the ball my school had at the end of high school it was a lot less enthusiastic :p Luckily I had a girlfriend at the time but for everyone else it was more of an awkward

"wanna go the ball?"

"..."

"sure"

>.<

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This sent me on a asking people to prom video spree, the shit they're doing is ridiculous xD

For the ball my school had at the end of high school it was a lot less enthusiastic :p Luckily I had a girlfriend at the time but for everyone else it was more of an awkward

"wanna go the ball?"

"..."

"sure"

>.<
haha, the english way.. at least before alcohol XD

that's why i put the disclaimer: i like england, but the american culture is far more "out there" than we are. people over here also don't like "planned" things, it generally has to seem to "just happen" and be somewhat of "an accident".

i was talking to a polish guy at work about this-
the american way of dating:
guy has to be confident and chase, and ask out on a date
the english way of dating:
sneak up on her, and have sex with her when you're both drunk :p.. then through the misty haze of the following hangover- "... wanna go out?", "yeah ok".

i generally ask girls out before anything happens, but a lot of people i meet seem to think the second way is by far more normal.

·
Registered
930 Posts

that's why i put the disclaimer: i like england, but the american culture is far more "out there" than we are. people over here also don't like "planned" things, it generally has to seem to "just happen" and be somewhat of "an accident".

sneak up on her, and have sex with her when you're both drunk :p.. then through the misty haze of the following hangover- "... wanna go out?", "yeah ok".

i generally ask girls out before anything happens, but a lot of people i meet seem to think the second way is by far more normal.
I know for a fact that 3 couples in my social circle happened because of that second method >.< for some reason guys think it's a far better idea than the girls do :p

I guess it's kind of a 'well shit, I've already had sex with him and he's kinda cute so why not' kind of thing rather than any actual attraction for them but that naturally grows as the relationship goes on xD

I've not pulled that trick... yet :p

·
Registered
770 Posts

It seems like the second method is the norm at universities. It was quite disappointing for a cautious prude like me, haha. I'm glad to not have been a part of that culture though after seeing a lot of women have regrets about the guys they ended up dating in the aftermath of such encounters. And those women wondered why they were being disrespected by these guys, who didn't end up treating them all that well during the relationship that formed after their drunken hook up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts