Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
It's me again. I just thought that I might do a new thread, because I have changed a lot since I wrote the last one of these. So I have been typed as INFP and ISFP. I also thought INTP myself, but after I wrote this text I think it's pretty clear I'm either INFP or ISFP.
And I don't know does this information help at all, but I'm 20 (turning 21 at December) years old woman, no mental health issues, except I have mild anxiety. My enneagram is 9w1, tritype 954 or 945.
And sorry about the poor english, I'm not fluent.
Thanks for your time :happy:

1)What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I keep bouncing between INFP, ISFP and lately INTP. I just can’t relate to any type completely. I sticked to INFP for a longest time.

-People I know have said that I put others before myself, even strangers sometimes and they don’t like that.

-I’m very logical and clever person. I explain things very logically to others, but I always have emotional thought behind that explanation. In example, my brother tried to sell his PlayStation. I explained to him why he shouldn’t sell it because I’m sure he’s going to need it later and our parents can’t buy a new one etc. Very logically, but in real life, I just didn’t want him to sell it, I don’t know why, it just felt like a wrong decision.

-I always hide my feelings, but people still tend to see if something is wrong.

-I know it is just a stereotype, but all INFP’s like to read and live in their own fantasy worlds. I don’t like reading, unless a book is good. I’m creative though, I write songs, I play piano and ukulele, I write novels, photograph, craft etc. I feel like I can put my emotions to those things. Emotions I feel like I can’t tell others.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
-I yearn love, because I’m scared I’m going to die alone. I also yearn a place where I can create happy memories with people I care about, so I have something to remember when I’m old. I don’t want a lot of money or rich life, happiness is enough.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
-I don’t know. I have felt at my fines many times.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
-If I’m unable to do my best even if I really try to do so.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
-In order: how I feel, how others feel, pros-cons. I have made many decisions based to my feelings, and that’s why I have made many mistakes. On these days, I always ask other opinions before I make a final decision. I think pros and cons too, but I think my feeling side wins always.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
-I’m always the quiet one. I observe what others do and I say if I see that something is not going to work. I would like to take more part to projects, but I don’t know how. Others always tend to step over me. And I don’t care if I have had control to the outcome. If it is okay to others, it is okay for me.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
-I think I had a lot of fun when I was about 13-16. We lived near of the sea and forests. There was a lot of nature around. At summer, I explored environment a lot with my brother and few friends we had. I loved that place because I felt free to do what I wanted to do and there were so much to do, so I was never bored.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
-I have noticed lately that when I’m learning a new thing, I like to read a theory carefully first and then try it hands on. I always thought I were hands on-learner, but I started new studies at August and I realised this then.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
-At home I’m not organized at all, my room is always a mess, but what comes to school stuff, and I have always been very organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
-First, I think if it makes sense to me, or in general. I try to look for information that supports it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
-Making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to group. I always feel bad if I see someone alone while others are happily talking each other. And ironically, I’m always the quiet loner in a group. But also, I dislike thought that I should change my personality to fit in. It is just a big NO, if they don’t appreciate me as myself, it is their problem.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
-I think before I speak, I prefer one-on-one discussion. But even in one-on-one conversations, I feel awkward somehow, especially if there’s many quiet moments. SO sometimes group discussions are better. I don’t have to be the only one to talk with other person.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?
- I want to know what is going to happen. I tend to think words speak more than action, or at least I want to believe so.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
-It depends what the night out is. If it is partying, then no. If it is just a nice talk then maybe. You can see all the shows afterwards from the internet on these days anyway.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
-If I get stressed, what I rarely do, I get really frustrated. I feel like I want to punch or kick something. My stress tends to be very physical. I became very judgemental and I might be very mean to others (and feel bad afterwards). I need some alone time to think things through and calm myself down.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
-I can’t stand back stabbing, selfishness, or if someone underestimates me. I also tend to dislike people, who think they’re better than others because they’re rich or more powerful.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
-Not really. I would like to talk things I like, but I’m worried that people will make fun of me because the things I like. My interests are a bit uncommon for 20 years old woman.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
-I don’t know. At least I don’t worry about money, I mean that of course I check if I have enough money to live and buy food etc.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
-I kind of don't have any friends, but my classmates say that I’m quiet, nice and little bit awkward what comes to social situations. There’s nothing wrong in those things because that’s who I am. And I have no idea why, but there are few people who are always asking if I’m okay. Maybe I look sad or something.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
-Sleep as long as I want. Eat what I want. I watch some Netflix or tv. Listen music. I play some piano. Play PlayStation 2 or the sims. Just hang around at home. Maybe I would go for a walk too.

·
Premium Member
I thimk INTP
14,606 Posts
1)What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The last two tests called me INTJ but that was because I made decisive answers on those tests. I believe I'm INTP.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
To accomplish something.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I accomplished something.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I can't accomplish something.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Pro-cons. Taking into as many factors as I can so I don't trip up on the negative side and do something aesthetically pleasing on the positive side.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I love working on the project. I head toward a good outcome but that is gravy.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
A good interaction on PerC. The wife and I went to see "Lalaland." When I worked on my landscaping.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
To theorize. I loathe memorizing and hate it too. Perhaps that is unfair. I rely on whatever is available for input.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Moderate. Too much organization is uncreative. Too little gets me nowhere.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I look for principles behind them. I think of examples or whatever is provided.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I want to contribute to the group and strive to be myself. But the group itself makes for a new self. The relationship being a good one is all. If I can't do that, I will have to abandon the group.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Both are a challenge. I think before speaking unless I already know well what I'm talking about. One-on-one is more communicative but leaves out things. Group is harder but more inclusive but also leaves out things because of the randomness.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?
I hate pure action unless I'm really stuck. I like to look before I leap but will take chances.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
My wife may have something in mind. She can persuade me but no one else would do that to me. If necessary I can record my "favorite show" ... in fact I rarely watch live.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
What kind of stress? I grow more and more fatigued pursuing whatever almost obsessively. If the stress is from an unexpected external stimulus like someone calling me for a nite out, I may get mad but keep it to myself and make a quick decision and say no.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I like interactions. If they don't respond or are unwilling I can have an unfavorable reaction. Hopefully that doesn't last and I guess they have their reasons so I lose any "dislike." I try to understand the situation. If I can't I put the thing on hold.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Anything that stimulates Ti thinking. I'm an INTP after all. It helps if I know something on the topic though.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
I use my body (I'm type A) but don't pay attention to it much (Se) causing me potential injury. I'm working on it. I don't dwell on facts if they don't contribute to general ideas. I'm having trouble answering this because I don't know what I don't pay attention to, lol. Name something. I hate user guides if they ain't user friendly and ignore them mostly.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Most people like me. (I've got them fooled, lol.) What is wrong? I'm hard to read. Never say? That I'm outgoing and sociable.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Work on my projects. Look for ideas on PerC. Watch a movie or NOVA or other recordings. Work on my landscaping (outside). Play with my pets. See what my wife is up to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts