Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a female I really like who I have been trying to type for a while. She is perplexing right off the bat because she has some MBTI type characteristics that seem to cross boundaries. She wears one of the too-cute ENTP top hats, that amazingly enough just suits her style. She has some of the characteristics of an INTP, such as the ability to see some nuance of truth in many statements and an inability to make decisions around the complex models she builds. But she is clearly not a theoretician and is slightly more extrovert than introvert. She has clear introverted feeling and seems to have many qualities of an ENFP.

Well, I convinced her to take the Keys 2 Cognition cognitive function test, and I figured that would clarify those issues. It did not, and in fact, one can make the argument for all of those types: ENTP, INTP, and ENFP. Here are her cognitive function test results:

EXTROVERTED INTUITION (Ne)33.8% **
INTROVERTED INTUITION (Ni)21.4%
EXTROVERTED SENSATION (Se)30.9% **
INTROVERTED SENSATION (Si)24.5%
EXTROVERTED THINKING (Te)28.3%
INTROVERTED THINKING (Ti)33.9% **
EXTROVERTED FEELING (Fe)31.6%
INTROVERTED FEELING (Fi)35.8% **

Based on the relative strength of these results, the stack that would probably best describe her would be:
Ti + Ne + Fi + Se. Unfortunately, there is no MBTI type for that stack. (Why is that, by the way?)

If I want to test her as an ENTP, that stack is:
Ne + Ti + Fe + Si. Unfortunately, that typing completely missing her relatively strong Fi.

If I want to test her as an ENFP, that stack is:
Ne + Fi + Te + Si. That captures her Fi well, but it completely misses her relatively high Ti, and the Ti shines with this person.

If I want to test her as an INTP, that stack is:
Ti + Ne + Si + Fe. That captures her Ti, but it completely misses her Fi.

So actually I am genuinely confused here. The person seems to defy typing, and one can see elements of the three types I set out in her personality. Is there anything that can be done to better isolate her type or describe her personality given these cognitive function results?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts