Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But, don't worry, this is actually a fun story and the truth isn't even mine [unfortunately]. Now, I'm done quoting Tangled to get you all to read this. I just picked a questionnaire. Now you don't have to read this all but I'd be grateful if you did. I'm curious what your opinion is. How you interpret my words and what you assume I could be.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Anxiety, a bit of depression, a flu and a headache (which makes me moody) and boredom. Why the heck would you need my gender? It's true that some times are more likely to appear in a type or another, but I don't see how it's helpful. The age, I get, since it's about the development of the inferior functions but it's not a guaranty about how well developed they are. (but anyway, I'm almost 18.)

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

There was a gallery of pictures. I picked this one because it's the first that I saw (probably because the first was grey and this is somewhat more colorful.) I like the idea, I don't know. Everything grey but those things.
I don't know what they are. They obviously aren't lights though, because there's no form of shadow on the floor. I was thinking they could be gigantic robot feet, who want to destroy this place, but people would be frightened, not this calm. Also, there's no hole in the ceiling.
I think it's a train station, but it could be the hall of a shopping mall as well. I like how people are away but seem really detailed. (I didn't look at everything, but overall, it's pretty to look at). Maybe the hanging things are the way of transportation! Maybe they're portals. Or maybe they suck people until they get on an airplane. I don't know, it could be anything. My head kinda aches.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Outward: Damn it. Oh, well, we'll find a solution. What happened? What can we do? Can we go to the concert by using something else?
Inward: Why did this happen though? Out of nowhere? Aliens? Maybe the aliens want us. Why would they want us? Are we special? Yes, we're special, but how special? Does anyone have superpowers? Dammit focus.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

It frankly depends on my mood for then. Sometimes you want to go to a party, sometimes not. If I don't want to go and nobody but the driver can drive, I'll go to the party. If somebody else can drive, I'll go to them. If I want to go to the party, obviously, I go to the party.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

There are 2 cases:
1. if the person is older so I'm supposed to show respect.
Outward: nothing. At the most, I make an ugly face and a snark.
Inward: What an idiot. Wait, what did they say? Could that be true? Maybe, in some conditions they're right. *thinks some more about it* if they can't be right, then they're obviously wrong and I win.

2. If the person is someone I can show to my real feelings towards what they say:
Outward: You're wrong. Here's why. *blabbles opinion which is not exactly how I thought it because everything sounds better in my head*.
Inward: Maybe they're right, though. They could be right if...(repeat situation 1)

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Well, I try to be calm, but as I've discovered, if I am calm about something, I don't really care. I just s̶o̶m̶e̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶g̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ strongly express my opinions.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I try to show respect to people, as long as they respect me. Tumblr, mostly, interacting with other people. And that I'm a nice person myself and I can't really be rude to strangers (but I can to those close to me if they piss me off). They can change through...experience, I guess.
Also, don't be your enemy, don't be a fool. And a few others, do you need to know all them all? Add me and we can talk all day and you'll find out.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I can go like this.
I'm weird. I walk funnily, I laugh funnily, I shout, I can be aggressive and I'm protective of ideas [ like consent. There aren't many people here who respect some basic things like not doing things to people without asking first.)
II come up with unexpected ideas. I'm philosophic about almost everything and I can turn most conversations into a deep conversation. (I choose not to, because I'm aware not all people want this). I have no trouble talking about death and I joke a lot. But I'm polite too (mostly). I'm quiet this moment and loud the next. I'm friendly and moody. Or how somebody said one day (not about me but it applies) happy and angry. I can be quite charming, I'd say. I have quite some acquaintances but few friends.

b) PROCRASTINATION. I could be doing so many things if I hadn't gone bored in the middle of the road. Can I have a better memory, too? Also my anxiety. Though I'm fighting with that. And probably impulsivity. (It gets me into trouble sometimes). But I'm trying not to focus too much on what I don't like about myself. I'd rather improve my character.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Sometimes I take them into account, sometimes not. I mostly do, though, and often I am right. [though not all the time] Dude, I don't know. They happen. Oh, also, I interrupt people a lot - because I assume I know what they'll say.
(sometimes I do, sometimes I don't)

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Sleeping, obviously. Talking about stuff I want to write and about the characters I am creating and giving them personalities and looks and background stories and headcanons, obviously. The more unusual the combination of these, the more entertained I am. Philosophical talks with my best friends. I think.
b) House cleaning. Homework. Actually having to do something. Existing, I guess. Why? Because I am not really interested in them.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Hmm, I don't know. I suppose my sarcasm or irritation towards people. (but my face betrays all, sadly or not) So I repress my thoughts and feelings when people around me are stupid and I want to murder them or when I'm so touched by something and I'm trying not to cry in public like a baby.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I think you're giving off ENTP vibes.

You seem to be intuitive, Ne when you assume you know what people are going to say, overall crazy imagination and ideas, strong hunches. I see Ti in how you're trying to structure up things so they make sense for yourself. Some Fe, being easily readable by others but you seem to be good at reading others as well. Also the humor, impulsive side and quirky, in-your-face-ness screams ENTP to me.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think you're an ENTP. You sound like a nice one, too -- you don't argue with absolutely everyone.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Well, I try to be calm, but as I've discovered, if I am calm about something, I don't really care. I just s̶o̶m̶e̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶g̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ strongly express my opinions.
Welcome to the world of Ne-dominance. ENTP sounds like a perfect fit for you. I can explain further if you want, but take a look at some of the profiles first.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I agree with ENTP. Holy Ne. Absolutely nothing here is structured... it's an absolutely disorganized, disgruntled, chaotic mess. I don't mean this literally on the outside... I find it silly to think an Ne could not be physically organized, but mentally? Absolutely frenetic, chasing ideas all at once, and leaving them once the essence it discovered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you dudelions. You're good people.
Well, if it's not structured it's because I didn't answer in an order. And then I came back to some of them because I found a funnier way of saying stuff (like the one with "Why did we stop? Is it because of aliens?"). A lot of sources say that I'm ENTP but I wasn't sure. I was wondering if I'm not a feeler (I can be very a̶g̶g̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ passionate about things and I've always viewed ENTP like some chill ducklings.) Or if I was not an ISFJ because I can be a nice dudelion if I'm not moody/bored. Also I am not a maths' type but this is just stereotyping so I'm gonna ignore it.

I'll have you know I actually tried to make it more organized. Seems fine by me but then, my definition of fine is different from other people's.
Thanks again, darlings.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Thank you dudelions. You're good people.
Well, if it's not structured it's because I didn't answer in an order. And then I came back to some of them because I found a funnier way of saying stuff (like the one with "Why did we stop? Is it because of aliens?"). A lot of sources say that I'm ENTP but I wasn't sure. I was wondering if I'm not a feeler (I can be very a̶g̶g̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ passionate about things and I've always viewed ENTP like some chill ducklings.) Or if I was not an ISFJ because I can be a nice dudelion if I'm not moody/bored. Also I am not a maths' type but this is just stereotyping so I'm gonna ignore it.

I'll have you know I actually tried to make it more organized. Seems fine by me but then, my definition of fine is different from other people's.
Thanks again, darlings.
ENTPs are chill, and have highly structured thought because they have strong internal judgement (Ti). It's Ni doms who have scattered internal thoughts.

I'm honestly not sure what everyone's typing is based on, but I'm highly sceptical of ENTP as a typing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At first I thought of making a longer answer, maybe to quote some sites that seem reliable about MBTI and to point out differences in Ni and Ne and how I may or may not exhibit them. Then I got bored. So, this is a shorter version.

I've thought about Ni before. I've thought about all the functions. Ni is too centered over one view. And too abstract. From what I understood, Ni is 'This is the truth' while Ne is 'This could be the truth'. I don't enjoy definite things too much. The word I say the most is probably because it could be one way or another. I think Ni looks at a picture of a flower and can come up with different meanings. I come with stories. They're funnier.

Also, my thoughts are fine. In fact, they're more fine than what I speak or write, even if it may not seem so. In my head, I have this thing I'm writing to you presented in a nice manner. Unfortunately, I am not sure whether or not I manage to be as clear as I'd want.

I don't say I hold the truth. Who knows, maybe I looked at the wrong information, and if it's the case, I'm more than ready to be corrected, unlearn it and learn it the better way. Maybe I don't understand Ni correctly. It's okay, I'll learn the right way. I'll accept any type you claim I may be as long as your arguments make a bit of sense to me.

PS: I am aggressive about stuff that brings unreasonable arguments: For example: My P.E. teacher claims that he's fine with homosexuals, as long as they don't do stuff in public. I left him alone because I didn't believe he deserved me consuming my energy with that. But why only homosexuals? Why don't you impose the same rules on heterosexuals. If you are fine with heterosexuals doing 'touchy-kissy-whateverisy' but not with homosexuals, then it means that you don't claim that affirmation by logic: (like, let's say, I don't know, they'd be contagious and make everyone want to kiss. Let's say) but by your feelings about it (internalized homophobia) which I cannot accept. The same goes with consent. I glared at my uncle all dinner last week because he kept tickling my sister despite her saying that she doesn't want that. Why would you do this? I am passionate about these stuff and sometimes, it may seem that I have more feelings about something than I actually do. (because after like, 5 minutes, I'm chill)
PS2: I quite wish I were a Ni. To be able to finish the things I want. I'd be speaking japanese, german and spanish, I'd be playing guitar and I would probably have written some books if I hadn't gotten bored in the middle of that.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ne isn't structured, it's shaped by the reaction it gets. It drops obvious leads into the conversation just to hope that the other person picks up on it and reacts. Look at the answer to the very first question:
Why the heck would you need my gender? It's true that some times are more likely to appear in a type or another, but I don't see how it's helpful.
This is exactly what an Ne-dom does. Throw the question back in your face, and force you to engage. If you don't, then maybe it's not such an interesting point anyway. Best case, the other person lampshades it back to you. Or maybe there is a reason for it (the answer is that the gender imbalances for certain types like ISTP lead to profiles that cue on gender as much as cognition).

I wouldn't say that the OP's thoughts are unstructured--there are mini arguments throughout the answers that point to Ti--but the overall presentation is the meandering, tangential, argumentative style of Ne. For example:
House cleaning. Homework. Actually having to do something. Existing, I guess. Why? Because I am not really interested in them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.