Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hahhah, I actually read some of the comments there, and have never seen a set of internet comments that is so true and relatable before. I love how many other people have the problem of people thinking it's hilarious when you actually express anger.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I don't think I have this. I think I look generally serious and stoic. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

... incidentally, I read the title of that article over and over again and it wasn't until I tried to do a search to see what it meant did I *finally* realise it said "resting nice face", not "resting NINE face".

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Some of it is relatable, some of it isn't.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mmhm... :) But I don't have problems with it anymore now that I'm more confident. Now my smiles are based on my interest in the people around me (except sometimes when it's just based on daydreaming of course), and if I have a resting niceface then I've unconsciously decided that the situation and the people around me are worthy of such a face. I don't feel the need to smile at a person I'm not interested in.

"You have to try extra hard to look ‘casually cool’."

It was a great day, the day when I gave up on even trying to do that. :) I still often try to dress casually cool, but my behavior in social situations will only be like that if my interest is also cool (and thus I should get the heck out of there).

·
Banned
2,715 Posts
Yeah, sure. I am not as nice as people think I am. I mention it all the time and people don't believe me lol

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope. I actually seem to have the opposite: resting bitchface.
I myself seem to alternate between the two extremes, but I deliberately turn on betchface if I do not want to be disturbed... Thus, the only people who talk to me during this time are the awkward ones who cannot decipher facial cues :p

Also:

I have resting bitchface, but I also have social anxiety so when I'm feeling anxious and soemone approaches me I tend to smile a lot, ugh!
Same! And I can feel my voice getting higher. I hate that... so much.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a resting bitchface :(

However, most is true when I'm comfortable with people and they know that I'm actually kind as hell and not out to murder them in their sleep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts